Search Unity

Switch between scenes

Discussion in 'AR' started by Eiseno, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Eiseno

Eiseno

Hello,
    When i switch between menu -> game -> menu -> game
    The first time game works correctly but second time camera and ar not working.How can i stop ar and switch between scenes ?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

I believe we're lacking quite some details to be able to give any help here...
    Nonetheless, make sure you attach a "DontDestroyOnLoad" script to your go's managing AR. You want to keep the same AR objects/managers between all scenes and simply set them active or inactive. (enabled/disabled)

Thats about the best I can suggest without having any more information.

3. Eiseno

Eiseno

i removed DontDestroyOnLoad because i dont want to keep it all scenes.I dont need ar in main menu scene.Also all my objects in Ar Root so i dont want move my all scene level objects between scenes.

Another question:
    Should i instantiate enemy,level objects under ar root ? is there another way ?

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Well, you got me even more confused now :)
    Here's a logical flow :
    Splash scene with an ARController. The controller script is disabled and the go is DontDestroyOnLoad. The menu is directly loaded.
    The menu has a button which loads the scene and enables the controller script.
    The scene has a button which loads the menu and disables the controller script.

You keep the controller between scenes and enable/disable it as needed. That is how you :
    Now I still have no idea what your new question is about, but the answer you are looking for is probably :
    Should I instantiate enemy/level objects under an AR Root? Yes
    Is there another way? Yes.

5. Eiseno

Eiseno

Thank you alex. What is the other way ? I dont want to pass all level and enemies between scenes.