Search Unity

Svn Tools - Fast and easy version control from inside your Unity editor

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Visual-Design-Cafe, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Visual-Design-Cafe

Visual-Design-Cafe

Hi, thank you for using SVN Tools. By default, SVN Tools should use the same password as TortoiseSVN. If this is not working then please check in 'Edit/Preferences/SVN Tools/Credentials' if any credentials are entered there. It might be possible that different credentials are entered in the preferences. If so, please try removing the entered credentials. If no credentials are entered, you can also try entering your credentials there specifically.

2. tonemcbride

tonemcbride

Thanks for the fast reply, that sounds like it might be the problem. I'll have a look and get back to you.

3. fdb_look_soft

fdb_look_soft

Hi, I got this asset. It working well. But after I updated Unity 2018.3 I started to get this error spam when hovering the mouse or clicking in the scene hierarchy window (which was empty but gameobjects are actually visible in the 3d scene):
    MissingMethodException: UnityEngine.Object UnityEditor.PrefabUtility.GetCorrespondingObjectFromSource(UnityEngine.Object)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchy.OnRowGUICallback (System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.Rect rect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchy.cs:628) etc..

the error will empty the hierarchy windows..
    upload_2018-12-17_18-9-44.png

After searching a bit I found out it that un checking include platforms.Editor settings and applying the changes makes the hierarchy appears again.

upload_2018-12-17_18-11-50.png

I didn't go deeper than this but thought id let you know, if this can help others.

4. Visual-Design-Cafe

Visual-Design-Cafe

Thank you for reporting this issue. There seems to be an issue with the Unity API Updater. It updates the wrong method for PrefabUtility.GetCorrespondingObjectFromSource. Usually, reimporting the plugin from the Asset Store/Unitypackage will fix the issue.

5. fdb_look_soft

fdb_look_soft

I did re-import the asset. it working but I have this error every now and then..:

upload_2018-12-19_19-32-16.png

6. Visual-Design-Cafe

Visual-Design-Cafe

Thanks for reporting this, I'll take a look at it. You should be able to safely ignore the error. It can happen during refreshing the status of the files when compiling, entering play mode, or due to a timeout. It should be ignored silently, but it looks like the error sometimes pops up.

7. fdb_look_soft

fdb_look_soft

Hello . I think have a problem with my svn tools ..
    1 - when I drag an drop, or modify a image (png,jpg etc) in unity the file is moved to the last parent directory ..
    2 - when I install assets (from asset store) all the png files are moved the same way as described above.
    I tested this with an asset with 90% image/psd files (Modern & Clean GUI).

In a Project without SVN tools: (to make sure its not a unity behavior or something)
    upload_2018-12-30_0-2-50.png upload_2018-12-30_0-3-19.png

Project with SVN Tools:
    upload_2018-12-30_0-4-25.png

In case this cant be fixed , How I safely stop the tool (so I can install my assets correctly) or remove the tool.

8. LukasKiefer

LukasKiefer

Hey, love the asset!

I keep getting an error, see code here:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. SVN Tools: Uncaught exception. Please report this as a bug to the developer (support@visualdesigncafe.com) if this exception keeps appearing (details below).
    2. Bug report:
    3. Message=' (System.Threading.ThreadAbortException)'
    4. StackTrace='  at VisualDesignCafe.Editor.VersionControl.Cache.GetFileInfo (System.String assetPath) [0x00009] in <9f7c537911384357ad3657e9253f0ccf>:0
    5.  at VisualDesignCafe.Editor.VersionControl.Svn.SvnStatus+XmlParser.ParseXmlNode (System.Xml.XmlNode node) [0x00082] in <9f7c537911384357ad3657e9253f0ccf>:0
    6.  at VisualDesignCafe.Editor.VersionControl.Svn.SvnStatus+XmlParser.Parse (System.String xml, VisualDesignCafe.Editor.VersionControl.Cache cache, System.Exception& exception) [0x00065] in <9f7c537911384357ad3657e9253f0ccf>:0 '
    8. UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    9. VisualDesignCafe.Editor.DebugUtility:LogError(String)
    10. VisualDesignCafe.Editor.VersionControl.Svn.XmlParser:Parse(String, Cache, Exception&)
    11. VisualDesignCafe.Editor.VersionControl.Svn.SvnStatus:ParseXml(String, Exception&)
    12. VisualDesignCafe.Editor.VersionControl.Svn.SvnStatus:HandleSuccess(SvnCommandLineProcess, CommandLineThread, Stopwatch)
    13. VisualDesignCafe.Editor.VersionControl.Svn.SvnStatus:Execute(CommandLineThread)
    14. VisualDesignCafe.Editor.VersionControl.CommandLineThread:ExecuteImmediate(ITask)
    15. VisualDesignCafe.Editor.VersionControl.CommandLineThread:ExecutionLoop()
    16. System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart()
    Also, since using it, Unity crashes a lot. But i'm not sure if that's because of the asset or because of my project.
    Using it in 2017.4

9. thanhle

thanhle

in version 2018.3.2 f1
    slik subversion 1.9.3
    tortoise svn 1.11.1

SVN Tools: Unsupported FS format. Please make sure your Subversion client is updated to the latest release version (E160043) (svn status)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    VisualDesignCafe.Editor.DebugUtility:LogError(String)
    VisualDesignCafe.Editor.VersionControl.Svn.SvnStatus:HandleError(SvnCommandLineProcess)
    VisualDesignCafe.Editor.VersionControl.Svn.SvnStatus:Execute(CommandLineThread)
    VisualDesignCafe.Editor.VersionControl.CommandLineThread:ExecuteImmediate(ITask)
    VisualDesignCafe.Editor.VersionControl.CommandLineThread:ExecutionLoop()
    System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart()

How i can Fix this ?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  10. Visual-Design-Cafe

Visual-Design-Cafe

This error happens when your repository is created with a newer version of SVN and you are trying to connect to it with an older version of SVN. It looks like SlikSVN has not yet been updated to the latest version of SVN. You can use the Command Line Client that comes with TortoiseSVN to fix this problem. In Edit/Project Settings/Version Control Settings you can set the path to the SVN.exe file. Right now it is set to SlikSVN, you can change it to the SVN.exe file located in the TortoiseSVN folder (default path: C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\svn.exe).

If the Command Line Client is not installed then you can reinstall TortoiseSVN and make sure that the Command Line Client is selected (see the answer to this question: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1625406/using-tortoisesvn-via-the-command-line).

thanhle likes this.
  11. Visual-Design-Cafe

Visual-Design-Cafe

Thank you for reporting this error. You should be able to safely ignore it, it can happen sometimes if refreshing takes a long time and you recompile scripts or enter/exit playmode. The error should be silently ignored, but it seems that it shows up sometimes.

Can you let me know when you experience crashes? Is it when playing the game, during editing, when exiting, or at any other time or specific action?

12. Visual-Design-Cafe

Visual-Design-Cafe

Thank you for reporting this. So far I have not yet been able to reproduce the issue, but I will continue looking into it. You can temporarily disable SVN Tools in 'Edit/Preferences/SVN Tools'. There is an option 'enable SVN Tools' that allows you to disable SVN Tools.

13. LukasKiefer

LukasKiefer

It crashes after compiling scripts, when the "compile-circle" stops spinning.
    Not everytime, but maybe 20% of the time.
    I removed SVN Tools for now and it seems like that helped,

Maybe worth noting:
    SVN Tools was not directly in the SVN Repo, but referenced from an external Repository (Where i have all kind of other tools for all my projects).

The kind of crash that Unity just disappears and showing the unity crashlog window.

14. Froghuto

Froghuto

When adding a folder inside of the Assets folder to the ignore list (and it's not added to SVN), when you add files into that folder it gets automatically added by svn tools. It would be great if svn-ignored folders would also be ignored by svn tools regarding "adding" of new files. In this case it's the StreamingAssets folder, that gets filled automatically by the build script depending on the platform etc.

Also, svn tools seems to be deprecated from the Asset Store. Is that intentional? Is svn tools development/maintenace coming to an end?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  15. g-aleksandrov

g-aleksandrov

I am also interested in answer on this question. I wanted to buy SvnTools but didn't manage to do it.

16. XCPU

XCPU

Curious about this asset too. was updated not too long ago, seemed to work pretty well.

17. Visual-Design-Cafe

Visual-Design-Cafe

We have deprecated SVN Tools for now because we can't keep up with new releases of Unity. The latest versions of Unity contain a lot of changes, such as nested prefabs and UI changes. Because we can't keep up with these new features we have deprecated SVN Tools to prevent new purchases for now. We want to make sure that SVN Tools is stable and at the current speed of new Unity releases, we can't guarantee that.
    (@XCPU , @g-aleksandrov )

18. gsurla

gsurla

Thank you for the update. We love your tool and look forward to the next release. My company has just upgraded to 2018.3.6 and have not run into any issues thus far regarding SVN Tools

XCPU likes this.
  19. RobertEspinoza

RobertEspinoza

Has anyone had a problem loosing link to SVN on their working copy after hitting play in Unity editor. I recently just lost all my checked out files on my working copy for the second time in the last few days. This occurs after hitting Play in Unity and then when stopping play, all of my files appear grey like they don't exist in my repo. Any help on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated, as I need to submit my changes ASAP. I'm using Unity 2019.2 and the latest/ last version of SVN tools

20. Visual-Design-Cafe

Visual-Design-Cafe

Right Click > SVN > Refresh should usually fix this. Sometimes the cache is cleared when entering playmode and the cache has to be refreshed.
    If you need to submit your changes then Right Click > SVN > Commit All should always work, even if the cache is empty.

21. RobertEspinoza

RobertEspinoza

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the typical refresh does not work and when I try commit all, it says my changelist is completely empty and that I have no changes. The only way I've managed to get it working again is by pulling down a brand new working copy from our repo and then moving changed files one by one between projects, which is definitely not ideal. IF there are any other possible solutions or reasons as to why this happens it would be a great help.
    I am going to try updating Slik SVN and Tortoise SVN. Are the latest versions of those supported by SVN tools? Slik svn 1.12 and Tortoise SVN 1.13.

22. Visual-Design-Cafe

Visual-Design-Cafe

Yes, the latest versions should be supported. It might be that the working copy is locked, which can happen when a SVN command is cancelled when entering play mode. Running SVN Cleanup should fix that in most cases. Besides that, I do not know what might cause this.

23. RobertEspinoza

RobertEspinoza

Just wanted to give an Update on this issue I'm having. I updated Slik SVN and Tortoise SVN thinking that had fixed my issues but I ran into this problem again. This time it did not happen during "PLay" mode but instead happened after opening up the project.
    Tried a few different things including "clean Up" but I keep getting an error
    "cleanup failed to process the following path:
    <my project path>
    upload_2020-2-5_10-33-24.png
    Anyone ever run into this during the cleanup process? I believe it thinks the project is locked but I cannot figure out a way to clear it up.