Search Unity

SVG sprites - light system and colors

Discussion in '2D' started by Muntaner, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Muntaner

Muntaner

I'm successfully using the SVG importer to import SVGs into my projects and use them as sprites for my 2D game. 0 problems with that, it's working flawlessly.

By the way, I'm having issues (probably due to my little experience with shaders and lighting) with coloring/alpha-ing or giving a shader to my SVG sprites. With normal sprites I can change the SpriteRenderer color (and this impacts the sprite color itself), the alpha to create transparency effects and also use lights with a material with the Sprite/Diffuse shader.

With SVG sprites none of those is working. I can't change the color (or better: I change it but this not affect the sprite itself), and giving a material with the Sprite/Diffuse shader seems to have no effect with the lighting system.

I noticed that an imported SVG has an internal prefab with a SpriteRenderer carrying a Ulit shader, but I don't know if this is related.

Any advices on how to use SVG with color and lighting system? Is it possible or am I going in a wrong direction?

2. Jackbot92

Jackbot92

I have the same problem; have you found any solution?