Search Unity

1. Going to #UniteBerlin? Bring a buddy & get 25% off the 2nd ticket! More info here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Famed game designer and creator of The Sims, SimCIty, and Spore is looking for a 3D artist to join their team. Join the challenge.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity 2017.4 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We've opened a new World Building sub-forum to faciltate all your world building discussions! Drop in and ask any ProBuilder, ProGrids, or PolyBrush questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

SVG Importer | Vector Graphics | Unity UI Supported [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Jaroslav-Stehlik, May 4, 2015.

1. shaneparsons

shaneparsons

Awesome, glad to hear! I personally am not aware of any distribution channels... but let me know when you have something up and running and I'll test it!

2. pl_ayground

pl_ayground

3. royvaneijndhoven

royvaneijndhoven

Killian, I see that you're importing them while having UWP selected in the Build Settings. This causes problems in the SmallXMLParser class that SVG Importer uses because it can't use some Unicode methods or something. You can comment out that part of the code but you'll lose the functionality to create SVG Assets during runtime so we have had to write our own code to work around that.

TLDR;
    You'll be able to import the files if you temporarely switch to the Standalone Windows platform or rewrite some part of the SmallXMLParser class.

4. JaimeAL

JaimeAL

If you need beta testing of a new SVG Importer version feel free to send it and I will implement it into my project see if it breaks or not. Any new and improved versions are always welcome ^^

5. crdmrn

crdmrn

As far as I know, if you upload a new version on the asset store, unity will detect the files that are changed when trying to reimport the asset in the project (those will be the only one selected in the drop down menu) :)

6. killianChicoisne

killianChicoisne

Hi, Thanks for your reply.
    You are right on this, if I import my svg files with other build settings, this work perfectly.

7. Gingerbeer

Gingerbeer

Thank you very much. It works!!

8. coshea

coshea

No, I would maintain a separate email list, ask people that want to be on the beta to email you with their Asset Store order number (so you know they have it) and send out the beta that way.

I'd happily test and feedback too.

shaneparsons likes this.
  9. crdmrn

crdmrn

Also, @Jaroslav-Stehlik, when using SVGImages on a ScreenSpace-Overlay Canvas, the UIAntialiased shader has no effect, when switching to ScreenSpace-Camera and assigning a Camera to the Canvas then it works.
    My guess is that, as a ScreenSpace-Overlay Canvas is way bigger than a ScreenSpace-Camera one, the antialiasing is just not visible and results in sharper edges. any idea on how to fix this?

shaneparsons likes this.
  10. shaneparsons

shaneparsons

Yeah, this is part of the problem I've been having as well. I'm hoping Jaroslav's new shaders fix it.