Search Unity

SVG Importer | Vector Graphics | Unity UI Supported [OPEN SOURCE]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Jaroslav-Stehlik, May 4, 2015.

1. Ali_V_Quest

Ali_V_Quest

any answers ?

2. pabu

pabu

Have a look at Plugins/Core/SVGRenderTexture.cs

Cheers,
    pabu

3. Arganoid

Arganoid

This file fails to import, with error "SVG Document Exception: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_Monaco_(state).svg

(however, implementing clip paths to fix some of the flag files I've posted about previously is a higher priority for me)

4. silentneedle

silentneedle

Any answer?

5. Ali_V_Quest

Ali_V_Quest

Is there any way to patch draw calls ?
    right now svg importer is generating a draw call for every object.

skillbow likes this.
  6. backwheelbates

backwheelbates

This looks like a great tool!

Just curious, is it possible to attach 3D colliders to the vector shapes? Id like to use this to prototype 3D sidescrolling levels.

Thanks!

7. andreidbz

andreidbz

Hi.
    Can I use SVG Importer to make a Unity WebGL app so that it downloads and show SVG in real time? So I don't want to use it in the editor, but in a real-time enviroment. Can it handle SVGs like this? thanks

8. eigenlaut

eigenlaut

svg importer converts svg's to geometry during the import, you are not rendering svg's in realtime

9. Ali_V_Quest

Ali_V_Quest

Is there any way to patch draw calls ?
    right now svg importer is generating a draw call for every object.

10. infinite360VR

infinite360VR

Right now SVGImage component does not support filled type. Would this be implemented in any future versions? or is there a way to extend the code to support filled type images.

11. RazaTech

RazaTech

Hi there i want to make texture thumbnails(1X ,2X ,3X) of svgs is there any way to to do it ..?

12. Ali_V_Quest

Ali_V_Quest

Hi there, i'm not responsible for svg importer development but I'm familiar with it.

What do you mean by 1X, 2X, 3X ?

one of the main benefits of svg importer is that it is to a large degree resolution independent (will look great on hd & sd screens), so why do you want 3 sizes of the texture ?

13. TeamZero

TeamZero

Same error here when doing Unity Cloud Builds. Only way I found to get around it was to delete both the 'StandardSpecularSVG.shader' & the 'StandardSVG.shader' files.

Is there any official solution yet?

14. RazaTech

RazaTech

for thumbnails

15. Luke57d

Luke57d

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before, however, I'm wondering if it's possible to load an SVGAsset at runtime? I'm trying to change the Vector Graphics property to another SVGAsset when a button is pressed but can't find any documentation on how to do it.

I tried the following:

Code (CSharp):
    1. svgImage.vectorGraphics = SVGAsset.Load("svg_new_filename", null);
    However, I get the following error:

Any help would be great, thanks.

16. Ali_V_Quest

Ali_V_Quest

you can duplicate the thumbnail asset 3 times & change the quality settings of each copy to generate different levels of mesh complexity for the same image

but I don't think you need that, ( on of the main advantages of svg importer is that meshes work well on hd & sd screen sizes)

17. infinite360VR

infinite360VR

SVG Image component is creating a huge spike in profiles because of OnPopulateMesh() call every time an object is activated. It allocates up to 10MB to GC for bunch of elements. Is there any way to fix this?

18. silentneedle

silentneedle

19. RedGuts_

RedGuts_

Hi guys,
    I just switch on Unity 5.5 (because of the Linear rendering support on IOS), and i'm working on a IOS project.

"Shader error in 'SVG Importer/GradientColor/GradientColorAlphaBlendedAntialiasedCompressed': Did not find shader kernel 'vertexGradientsAntialiasedCompresed' to compile (on metal)"

did any one of you had this one?

ty

Attached Files:

TeamZero likes this.
  20. Blue-Candle-Games

Blue-Candle-Games

Is this tool in a good state right now? The number of issues and few replies makes me wonder if I should avoid purchasing this tool for a while. Thanks.

Ali_V_Quest likes this.
  21. TeamZero

TeamZero

I'm having the same issue. It appears to be wider spread than just iOS. I upgraded my project to Unity 5.5.0f3 and received these errors for each platform:

iOS:

Code (csharp):
    2. 26: [Unity] Shader error in 'StandardSVG': invalid subscript 'posWorld' 'FragmentSetup': no matching 5 parameter function at Assets/SVG Importer/Plugins/Shaders/Standard/UnitySVG.cginc(118) (on glcore)
    3. 27: [Unity] Shader error in 'StandardSVG': 'MainLight': no matching 1 parameter function at Assets/SVG Importer/Plugins/Shaders/Standard/UnitySVG.cginc(119) (on glcore)
    4. 273: [Unity] Shader error in 'SVG Importer/GradientColor/GradientColorAlphaBlendedAntialiasedCompressed': Did not find shader kernel 'vertexGradientsAntialiasedCompresed' to compile (on gles3)

MacOS:

Code (csharp):
    2. 26: [Unity] Shader error in 'StandardSVG': 'MainLight': no matching 1 parameter function at Assets/SVG Importer/Plugins/Shaders/Standard/UnitySVG.cginc(119) (on glcore)
    3. 270: [Unity] Shader error in 'SVG Importer/GradientColor/GradientColorAlphaBlendedAntialiasedCompressed': Did not find shader kernel 'vertexGradientsAntialiasedCompresed' to compile (on metal)

Windows:

Code (csharp):
    2. 12229: [Unity] Shader error in 'SVG Importer/GradientColor/GradientColorAlphaBlendedAntialiasedCompressed': Did not find shader kernel 'vertexGradientsAntialiasedCompresed' to compile (on d3d9)
    3. 12233: [Unity] Shader error in 'SVG Importer/GradientColor/GradientColorAlphaBlendedAntialiasedCompressed': Did not find shader kernel 'vertexGradientsAntialiasedCompresed' to compile (on d3d11)
    4. 12237: [Unity] Shader error in 'SVG Importer/GradientColor/GradientColorAlphaBlendedAntialiasedCompressed': Did not find shader kernel 'vertexGradientsAntialiasedCompresed' to compile (on d3d11_9x)

22. TeamZero

TeamZero

Update: I was able to get all my Unity 5.5 builds working again by simply deleting the shaders throwing the errors. This doesn't appear to have broken anything in my project, but anyone else who tries this method should approach it with caution. It's definitely not an ideal solution, but at least I can continue making builds until @Jaroslav-Stehlik releases an update to prevent/fix the issue.

23. numberkruncher

numberkruncher

Since the latest version of SVG Importer the sprites have had flickering black triangles all over them. Since it's been too much effort I've simply removed SVG Importer from my project and replaced with regular sprites.

24. silentneedle

silentneedle

Anyone tried the other svg asset (simply svg) from the asset store?

25. Jaroslav-Stehlik

Jaroslav-Stehlik

Hello,

I am deeply sorry that I was unable to respond to anyone of you.
    I am now undergoing a long-term treatment.
    I am having for three years panic and anxiety attacks which I was not aware of what they are.
    The doctors were looking for heart conditions but not for the head. Last month
    when I collapsed the doctors went for diagnosis that it is caused by mental health.
    So I am on heavy stimulants which make my work much harder.

If you could please bring up a simple list of most important bugs I should focus on
    so I could at least try to deliver an update.

Have a nice holidays

skillbow, numberkruncher and TeamZero like this.
  26. TeamZero

TeamZero

Thank you so much for responding to let us know what is going on. I hope the doctors are able to help and that the treatment allows you to return to more of a normal life. I've dealt with similar issues and know how difficult it can be for outsiders to understand.

Regarding a list of bugs, I think the biggest concern is the lack of Unity 5.5 compatibility.
    So a good starting point for finding issues & making fixes would be to launch Unity 5.5, create a new project, and import the SVG Importer Asset Package. Upon opening, Unity will immediately notify you that SVG Importer uses old API's, and then asks you to upgrade the scripts.
    Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 19.21.34.png
    After the scripts are done upgrading, try to make a build and you will see shader errors appear that are preventing Unity from finishing the build creation.
    Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 19.40.03.png

I have a bunch of other issues with my project and SVG Importer, but I think those issues are because I had to delete a bunch of SVG Importer's shaders and a .cginc file in order to get my project to build correctly on Unity 5.5.
    Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 19.42.16.png

Happy holidays to you as well! Hope you are beginning to feel better!

27. Ali_V_Quest

Ali_V_Quest

Sorry to hear that & hope you recover ;)

- I've wanted to know :
    1. if we can patch svg importer draw calls
    ( right now every svg importer object uses a draw call)
    2. if we can't patch them, are they light draw calls ( doesn't affect performance much ) or should we take caution when using svg importer for lots of objects.

wish you the best & take good care of yourself.

skillbow and numberkruncher like this.
  28. kenshin

kenshin

Hi all,

I am interested to use your importer to import SVG file at runtime in a webgl build.
    Is this possible?

Anyone can give me an answer?

@Jaroslav-Stehlik, all the best for your health! :)

Thanks in advance!
    Kenshin

29. Max_power1965

Max_power1965

Hello,
    I've already tried to send you an email 4 days ago but I didn't have got any answer yet. Here is the problem:

I'm working with the unity 5.4 version, the project it's exported correctly for iOS and Android, but when i'm trying to export it for windows phone, I got these errors:

Assets\SVG Importer\Plugins\Core\Mesh\SVGMeshUtils.cs(1207,26): error CS1061: 'System.Collections.Generic.List<int>' does not contain a definition for 'ForEach' and no extension method 'ForEach' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Collections.Generic.List<int>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\SVG Importer\Plugins\Triangle\IO\FileReader.cs(166,42): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for 'System.IO.StreamReader.StreamReader(System.IO.Stream)' has some invalid arguments

Assets\SVG Importer\Plugins\Triangle\IO\FileReader.cs(277,42): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for 'System.IO.StreamReader.StreamReader(System.IO.Stream)' has some invalid arguments

and another 10 like this when is time to export for windows phone.

I'm I missing something?? with the other platforms works without problems.

On the mail that I've sent I've attached my invoice.

Let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time.

Marco.

30. silentneedle

silentneedle

Make SVG importer more non destructive. It's bad practice to add components automatically (like SVG Camera on all camera GO's). Also make it possible to disable SVGAtlas.Update(), which also runs if the scene doesn't contain any svg components.

31. UmairEm

UmairEm

Extremely sorry to hear this!
    I hope you get better soon :)

32. himalaio

himalaio

Hello! I used SVG Importer and it worked perfectly, but at some point on iOS I got the following error and cannot build anymore (still works well for Android):

Shader error in 'SVG Importer/GradientColor/GradientColorAlphaBlendedAntialiasedCompressed': Did not find shader kernel 'vertexGradientsAntialiasedCompresed' to compile (on metal)

Any ideas how to fix this?

33. cyruschoi

cyruschoi

I would like to create an application to display magazine content under unity ( mostly with text of different fonts and layout ) . Understand that SVG importer can display text using outline .

It would be very nice if any one here can share
    1. How is the speed ? for like display a SVG file of 1 MB ? ( for PC, and mobile devices as well )
    2. How much memory is needed ?

34. Ali_V_Quest

Ali_V_Quest

have you tried the outline component (built in with unity) ?

35. xqtr123

xqtr123

Hi!
    When I try to import a SVG from a vector that is only in black color the background gets all white! How come?

Setup without black stickman:
    org.png

Setup with black stickman:
    white.png

Stickman config:
    test.png

36. rarebyte

rarebyte

First off: Best wishes on getting better!

If anything I'd also vote for getting the asset to not mark builds as failures in unity 5.5 (I'm getting the same error with the 'compresed' shader - it's obviously a typo in there). This prevents me from being able to use Unity Cloud Build for all my projects.

Regards

Edit: For now I got it working deleting only the file "GradientColorAlphaBlendedAntialiasedCompressed.shader" from one of my projects

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    Jaroslav-Stehlik likes this.
  37. jGate99

jGate99

Getting following error and project is unable to compile.
    Shader error in 'SVG Importer/GradientColor/GradientColorAlphaBlendedAntialiasedCompressed': Did not find shader kernel 'vertexGradientsAntialiasedCompresed' to compile (on gles3)

38. xqtr123

xqtr123

Hi!
    I made an svg from Design215's Screen Resolution Chart (screen_resolutions_svg.zip).

Attached Files:

39. xqtr123

xqtr123

Hi!
    I'm trying to put Vectrosity's vector line renderer inside the SVG Sorter, but it doesn't show. Anyone know why? It doesn't work with Unity's line renderer as well.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  40. Jaroslav-Stehlik

Jaroslav-Stehlik

Hello,

SVG Importer/GradientColor/GradientColorAlphaBlendedAntialiasedCompressed
    fastest fix would be to remove these files because they are not used anymore.

41. Jaroslav-Stehlik

Jaroslav-Stehlik

For text I would highly recommend using superb plugin Text Mesh pro
    as this solution would be much more useful for text rendering and definitely more efficient and sharp.

42. Jaroslav-Stehlik

Jaroslav-Stehlik

Please attach me the SVG File. I would love to look at that.

43. Jaroslav-Stehlik

Jaroslav-Stehlik

Good solution!
    Would definitelly post an update.

44. Jaroslav-Stehlik

Jaroslav-Stehlik

Simply delete that file.
    It should be deleted in upcoming version.

45. Jaroslav-Stehlik

Jaroslav-Stehlik

H
    Hello,
    SVGSorter works purely only with SVGRenderer components.
    that is probably the issue you have.

46. pabu

pabu

Good to see you back in the forum Jaroslav! I was sad to hear about your illness and hope you find your way back to full recovery soon. Although I would love fixes for any outstanding issues in SVG importer, I would be even happier knowing that you put your own health and recovery first.

Cheers,
    pabu

47. Jaroslav-Stehlik

Jaroslav-Stehlik

Hello,
    Thank you for your message. I will try my best.
    What bug would you think would have the biggest priority right now?
    Thank you!

48. pabu

pabu

Just opening the latest distributed version of the package in the latest version of Unity and fixing all console errors and warnings (regardless of severity) and make a new release out of that would be a great start. Low effort and will benefit most users directly.

Cheers,
    pabu

TeamZero likes this.
  49. jnbt

jnbt

If I delete this shader I'm not able to import most of my SVGs anymore. The importer crashes to a NullReferenceException.

50. tacoilluminati

tacoilluminati

I can confirm that removing the GradientColorAlphaBlended shaders causes a null ref on asset import, making the asset unusable.
    SVGRenderer.cs line 802
    Unity 5.5.0f3