Search Unity

Survivial Shooter tutorial baking issue

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by DottMySaviour, Dec 7, 2018.

1. DottMySaviour

DottMySaviour

I'm new to game development, and I'm planning to create all the games in Unity tutorial to learn. I'm starting to do the Survival Shooter tutorial. When I load the Environment prefab in the Scene, the bottom right of Unity says something like "Baking ETA 8 minutes", and I'm getting 100% CPU Usage which looks scary to me because I'm afraid I may spoil my computer, I'm not a tech savvy guy so I'm not sure what's going on and I'm not willing to take the risk. Hence, I forced shut down Unity when that happened.

To better understand what I mean, look at this video at 3:33. The guy in the video loaded the Environment prefab instantly, but I have to wait like 8 to 10 minutes while my CPU Usage is at 100%.

What's going on? I'm on Windows 10 and Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz. Is it because my CPU is too lousy to create games like the Survival Shooter tutorial? I've checked the system requirement for Unity, and it seems fine.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

3. DottMySaviour

DottMySaviour

I'm using the tutorial from as you stated, but sometimes I click watch on YouTube to see the comments below. Isn't this sub forum the "support link"? Where's the support link you are referring to?

EDIT: I see, I think you are referring to the Survival Shooter thread.

4. mCumpian

mCumpian

Hey bro, sorry for awnswering you this late, but i fixed that problem by just deleting the Directional light on my new Unity project before import the assets from assets store. So, you gonna delete the directional light from you environment, and after that you will able to import the assets from assets store without the bakering bug. Just remebering you, after drag the enviroment prefab from the assets folder, drag and drop the lights prefab, because when you delete the directional light, everything will go dark.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019