Search Unity

Survival Shooter Unity Tutorial - Environment texture/shader problem?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by jez_obp, Mar 18, 2015.

1. jez_obp

jez_obp

Hello Unity community!

It's my first post in these forums & I always liked the way that sounded!

I am currently working through the official Unity Survival Shooter Tutorial & am experiencing an interesting bug / issue with the environment. I have a feeling it may have something to do with shaders but there is a lot of shrugging going on at the moment as nothing so far I have tried seems to correct the issue.

First pic: Everything looks normal
    PIC

Changing anything at all, even just moving selection in Hierarchy provides this interesting effect. Looks to be shadowing from objects elsewhere in the scene.
    PIC

The scene can be tested/played & there are no errors in either of the above states however on the player dying the scene becomes darker.
    Test/Play Scene: First play through, allow player to die - weird shadow effects across floor.
    PIC

Scene restarts on player death (Environment is now darker)
    PIC

Result when scene is now stopped & return to editor (Environment now black)
    PIC

To get environment to return we deactivate and reactivate the environment object
    PIC

The shadow effects sometimes appear, sometimes not.
    PIC

Has anyone experienced this or can identify what the problem is & how to correct? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Current Unity Version: 5.0.0f4 Personal
    Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce GTX760

2. jez_obp

jez_obp

Not the desired solution but the only way I have discovered to correct this issue is to deactivate both 'Precompiled Realtime GI' & 'Baked GI' in Lighting->Scene.
    Changing the configuration of either of these components did not remove the unwanted effects of the scene ie. Removing Compression, using Non Directional or Specular Lighting etc.
    I am moving onto other projects but if anyone has any understanding to why this would be happening I would still be greatly interested.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

3. Desoxi

Desoxi

Would like to know why it is happening too :)

4. simke-nys

simke-nys

Having the same issue

5. Jesuo

Jesuo

Same here...i think is a problem with lights or shaders.

On my case on chapter 6 the scene play on first run with more light than normal (on scene view is lighter too) when player died and respawn, the lights and shadows become normal (darker), then when i press stop button all environment on scene view and game view go dark. Then if a play the dark scene (with player on that wrong light) all become normal after respawn (loadlevel) runs, shadows and lights are correct.

But i think there is something wrong on this problem....¿why if i play the scene under _CompletedAssets the scene view is all correct?....this scene use the same environment and lights, materials etc......

Because i didn't play the scene under _CompletedAssets with fixed scripts, cant say if it is a problem with Application.LoadLevel, this found on http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/survival-shooter-q-a.313934/#post-2062631 ).

6. kevinyeohlaichuan

kevinyeohlaichuan

I'm facing the same problem when the game restarts everything gets darker in the editor mode, I then build the game and run it, everything runs smoothly. The lighting is fine even after the game restarts. In editor mode I still can't figure out why the lighting is gone after the restart.