Search Unity

Games Survival/FTL like project

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by Darrkbeast, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Darrkbeast

Darrkbeast

Hi, I don't tend to post anything about my projects, especially early in production however I decided a little early feedback would benefit the game.

Back Story/Game Set up

Mankind learned of an asteroid with a trajectory straight into the earth. Time lines are given and multiple missions are created to stop or alter the asteroids path. They ultimately fail and nearly all the worlds population are left on their own. You were one of the few with access to a bunker which you enter before the impact. You run out of food after about 5 years and must exit the bunker. <Deeper story, but that's the just>

The game functions with 3 types of game play, Third person action, World Map travel, and Events.

Third Person Action - Use melee or ranged weapons to take out zombies, bandits and other creatures. Explore static levels with random dynamically placed resources and searchable items. Collect, food, ammo, fuel, and other resources before exiting the area.

World Map Travel - Looks similar to games like FTL. Your goal is to make it to the east cost of the USA via points on the map. Due to the asteroid its not a simple strait path. Travel uses food, fuel and time. Each travel also gives you a random chance for a event to happen.

Events - Events are mostly text based but could lead to Third Person Action. Events range from enemy encounters to nature like events. Example: <EVENT>You come to a lone zombie in the road. <CHOICE 1> Avoid the zombie. <CHOICE 2> Run over the zombie. <CHOICE 3> Stop and deal with it. Each choice has a random outcome, could find some loot, lose some loot, get sick etc.

At anytime on the World Map you can camp which lets you research new gear and learn about the different enemies. While I mention zombies alot, they are the first and weakest of enemies. With out spoiling the story there are man other types of creatures, fantasy based types along with some scifi elements. Those interested can find articles and other data to fill in the story.

With that overview I am brainstorming more elements to add to the game. I will post some images later along with a few gifs for the visual side, but I would like to know any ideas or things you would like to see in a game like this.

1. I am pondering ideas with health in the game, think Oregon Trail. Maybe not as extreme as every one getting dysentery and dying.
    2. Vehicle maintenance: you don't physically drive a vehicle but its used via world map to travel. Currently events can damage the vehicle, but its only a time penalty

2. Darrkbeast

Darrkbeast