Search Unity

[Survey] Help us Help you make Better Games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shiroto, May 23, 2019.

1. shiroto

shiroto

Hello fellow Game Developers, this is Marco from 2GuyGames. We are a fresh startup company situated in Germany and we reach out to you for our market analysis. We want to know how you use tools in your game development. We do this to get a feeling for what the market (that means you, the developers) has and what it needs, so we can develop tools in the future that help make game development even better. We created a quick survey (1-2 minutes) for you to take. If you could fill it out and give it to your friends and collegues, that would be a huge help :) link: https://www.surveymonkey.de/r/L58K6TC

2. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

For question 3, why is there no "programmer"? "Developer" could mean a broad range of things in games.

3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Maybe your survey should ask what tools the developer needs but can't buy (so you can fill that need), rather than what tools the developer is already buying?

Ryiah and angrypenguin like this.
  4. shiroto

shiroto

Thanks for your participation, everyone!
    I think nowadays developer and programmer are interchangeable terms. Artist is also very unspecific. Could be a musician, 3D modeller, 2D sprite artist, all sorts of things. For this survey it is not necessary to pin-point what each person exactly does.
    Yes, that would be the next step. But I don't think that a survey is the right format to gather this kind of information. It would require a free form text field. Having those in your survey really hurts your response numbers. I feel like it would be more productive to talk about that 1-on-1. So if you have anything specific that you think you need for your work, feel free to share :)

I appreciate your feedback. This is our first survey, so it is probably not on point. We will get it better in the future, hopefully :)