Search Unity

SurrounDead - Survival Game Assets ( modular buildings with interiors)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Justwo, May 10, 2017.

1. Justwo

Justwo

Hopefully we will release the update this month as this is taking too long already. Sorry for the wait but things don't always go as expected.

2. digiross

digiross

Take your time! We all just get anxious for each awesome update! :)

Lay84 likes this.
  3. Justwo

Justwo

Here is a scene with our progress so far.
    v3.5 WIP Flood .jpg

SurrounDead v3.5 Flood.gif

4. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

Wow that looks really good, cant wait to test it out.

5. ATeam_Production

ATeam_Production

A M A Z I N G ...
    Neeeeeeedddd this

6. lobotomista

lobotomista

Hello, I was thinking on buying this on turbosquid since they're having a sale. but that one doesn't seem to be getting updates, shoud i not buy it there??

7. Justwo

Justwo

Hello, we lost interest in turbosquid because of the royalty percentage and it's not worth it. We will probably remove it or leave it as it is.
    We recomand you to purchase it here or even on Sketchfab since there is a promotion right now through May 31st (discount code: SUMMERISCOMING) to get the latest updates.

8. ATeam_Production

ATeam_Production

We are so impatient for the V3.5! :D

Pandur1982 likes this.
  9. Justwo

Justwo

It's almost here, we just have to finish a couple of textures and make the demo scene.;)

10. ATeam_Production

ATeam_Production

11. Orange-Peel

Orange-Peel

Just wondering how easy it will be to make this work with HDRP.

12. lobotomista

lobotomista

This is more of a stylized asset pack, so its more fit to the LWRP. If you want something for the HDRP you should look for a PBR pack. Not that it cant be used with it but the thing about stylized assets is that they have details already drawn on them so the HDRP would kinda conflict with it.

ATeam_Production and Orange-Peel like this.
  13. Orange-Peel

Orange-Peel

Actually, this is a good point. I think HDRP is overkill for the low-poly stylized look that I want, so I should be using LWRP anyways. Thanks for the reply!

14. passionfruit

passionfruit

Love the pack. Do you have a version for ue4?
    If not, would it be relatively easy to convert it?
    Assuming all fbx included I guess I'd mostly just have to rebuild/reassign materials and make my own "prefabs"

cheers

15. Justwo

Justwo

Glad you like it!
    Unfortunately we don't have an ue4 version and we are not familiar with importing assets and with the challenges that occurs during importing but I guess you are right you have to rebuild the materials and "prefabs".
    It's shouldn't be hard but it's going to take a while for sure since there are lots of materials and meshes.

passionfruit likes this.
  16. Fronkol

Fronkol

Yes, super easy to convert and shouldn't take that long. Size is already correct, so you don't have to resize while importing them into Unreal.

It's relatively easy to do. Been using your pack for a while now. If you're ever interested in doing a EU4 version after the next update, let me know

passionfruit likes this.
  17. Justwo

Justwo

Good to hear that.

passionfruit likes this.
  18. digiross

digiross

I'm finally starting my big project and would appreciate any suggestions on how I can match/blend your models with others so the style stays similar. Best practices and/or poly counts, color palette? etc. Thanks

19. Justwo

Justwo

In terms of textures, any handpainted diffuse only should work.
    As for the poly count we tried to keep it as low as possible while keeping it decent even in first person view.

We don't have any color palette to follow or any strict guidelines. Since this is an expanding package, a lot has changed since our first release in terms of modeling and texture style, but we try to improve it as we go.

DrOcto, digiross and ATeam_Production like this.
  20. Orange-Peel

Orange-Peel

One other question: the Sample pack works fine with the LWRP *except* for the vegitation. When I change the shaders for these from Standard to LWRP, the tree/fern will disappear. If I reduce the Alpha Clipping to 0, the plant returns but it also shows the part of the texture that shouldn't be visible. Increasing the Alpha Clipping at all causes the entire plant to vanish. How can I fix this?

21. Justwo

Justwo

I'm not too familiar with LWRP but if you send me a PM with a screenshot of your shader settings maybe I can help you.

22. Justwo

Justwo

Update v3.5 is finally LIVE and it's on SALE with 50% OFF!!!
    Enjoy!
    55_v3.5 City.jpg

23. ATeam_Production

ATeam_Production

GREAT! Thank you for this new version of the package.

24. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

awesome update! Do you have a roadmap of what is planned next?!

25. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Does it support post processing 2 soon? I only see the profile for post proc 1.0

26. Justwo

Justwo

This was the last planed update, depending on how sales go we will decide if continue with this or move on to other projects.
    Yes you are right only post processing stack v1 is supported. I wasn't even aware there is a post processing v2. I will take a look at it and maybe add it in a quick update.

27. noobynobody

noobynobody

I'm really interested in this asset, but I hope you can expand it in the future. I'm totally fine with paid updates. Some suggestions I have on making it more complete are: add more "resources" like ammo crates, medicine (painkillers, medkits), drinks, food (rations, canned food). Of course, there should be inventory icons/sprites for each of those. Some additional buildings like police station and military base will be great. Again, I think it's fair if these are in a separate pack since you already have so much in this one :)

In the screenshots there's a slight hill on the road (see image attached). Do I need a spline tool to do that?

Also, is there a shader I could apply on Synty Studio models so they match the toonish look?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  28. lobotomista

lobotomista

is the sketchfab version getting updated??

29. Justwo

Justwo

Of course there could be an infinite number of things that can be done, never-ending updates but we got to a point that is not profitable anymore. We are also thinking on making separate packs with other customer specific assets that not everyone may need thus paying only what you need.
    We did not use any spline tools and there is no hill on the road in that screenshot, it's the perspective, but there are a few road meshes that go uphill mainly to connect with suspended road/highway/overpass.

I don't think there is an easy way to get the "toonish look" this is archived by hand paining every single texture.

Yes we will update it today.

digiross likes this.
  30. digiross

digiross

@Justwo with the high quality and the massive size of this asset, you should definitely make more packs. It helps you make some $$$ and helps us with more assets ;)

Xandir88 likes this.
  31. Justwo

Justwo

@Devision4 I looked into post processing but I can't seam to find Post Processing Stack v2 for Unity 2017.3.1 it's only for 2018+,but maybe I'm missing something if you have the link for it let me know.
    We will think about it. Thank you for the support!

32. Boom_Shaka

Boom_Shaka

Love the update - this really is a complete art pack. If you decided to make add-ons/expansions, I'd be interested in a vehicles expansion and an underground/subway set. Otherwise, I think you guys nailed it.

Well done.

33. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

You could release addtionals Packs! I would buy military pack, airport pack for example

34. Dave2407

Dave2407

Hey i recently purchased this asset and i love it, but i cannot place any trees on the terrain. they arent too small or not drawing. they are actually not being placed as in i cannot paint them onto the terrain, but i can paint eveything else from doors to dumpsters. Do you know how to fix/do this?

35. jmjd

jmjd

I haven't actually checked to verify, but as it says on the Post Processing Stack (v1) asset store page, you should be able to get v2 from the package manager for 2017.3 and up. If not, then you can get it from the github repo: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/PostProcessing

36. noobynobody

noobynobody

Do the buildings in the image have interiors?
    It looks like there are stairs on the outside leading to the rooftop?

Attached Files:

37. Justwo

Justwo

The trees are skinned meshes with animations, so probably it's not supported by Unity's terrain. You have to place them manually unfortunately.

The description is quite misleading. There is no package manager UI in 2017.3 and I thought the link to github are only for 5.6 to 2017.2. We will look into it.

Yes, all the buildings have interiors. Here are some screenshots.
    Interior13.jpg
    Interior14.jpg
    Interior12.jpg
    Interior15.jpg

38. noobynobody

noobynobody

I got this error when importing it (see first image).
    Also missing script references? (see second image).
    I'm using Unity 2018.4.3f1

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  39. KaizerSoz

KaizerSoz

Hello! Just bought your pack yesterday...
    Sorry for my english, don't find the good word to define your package: wonderful, amazing, insane... i think they are too low... :D
    This package doesn't only cover all what i needed, it provide me lot of possibility to add interesting gameplay (upgradable vehicles, fence, etc...)
    I'm definitly interested by additionnal pack (industrial, laboratory, military, etc...) i think they don't need to be as big as this one...

I realy realy thank you...

I just have a little suggestion for vehicles: (will be a little hard to explain in english, but will try)
    can you put the pivot of the doors at the hinge? (to just rotate them around an axe to open them?) actually, the pivot his in the middle of the door.

door.jpg

I Have other way to do what i want... (had a pivot point and rotate the door around it) so no problem if it gives you to much work to change all the doors... was just a suggestion :D

Thanks again for your awesome work!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  40. Justwo

Justwo

For the water you have to import the Standard Assets and for that missing script you have to import/download Post Processing Stack.
    Check Readme file provided on how to do it. This 100% working for Unity 2017.3.1, don't know if it is the same for 2018 versions.

@KaizerSoz The pivots are in the right place, you just have to toggle the Tool Handle Position/Transform Gizmo from Center to Pivot (shortcut is "z").
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/Toolbar.html

noobynobody likes this.
  41. KaizerSoz

KaizerSoz

True! my bad, i was in hurry to thank you, haven't investigate enough :)
    Thanks again for the package, and for fast answer !

42. p_hergott

p_hergott

Keep us posted on your next project if you guys decided to not expand this asset anymore. Im sure with the quality of this asset, any subsequent projects would be astonishing

43. WalkingDad

WalkingDad

WOW, you guys did a great job!!!

44. noobynobody

noobynobody

I can't find any packs with toon-ish/hand painted survivors. Maybe that's an idea for an add-on.

Xandir88 and lobotomista like this.
  45. playplatter

playplatter

Thank you so much for this awesome asset. I get excited with every update and I can say that I did not waste a single penny. I love your design and I can't find any other asset that matches the quality. I believe this asset can be used for projects without zombies :D

Is it possible to make a demo scene of city/neighbourhood with clean textures? I plan on making a murder mystery of a neighbourhood and I want to make cut-scenes where I want to use the same scene with clean textures and shiny cars.

One request: Is it possible to make a police station, restaurants with glass doors and/or train station?

Do you guys ever plan on making city characters (even if it's a separate pack)?

46. Justwo

Justwo

Having 2 types of texture for every assets will require a lot of work.
    Plus it's easy to get carried away from main idea doing all sorts of stuff that won't fit the original setting. If we are going to make something like that, it will be as a separte pack maybe.

If we decide to make a police station, or any other specific building like train station, school, hospital, church as other people suggested, it will be as a separate pack as it will require specific additional exterior and interior props too. We will keep your request in mind.
    As for the glass door/restaurant/dinner we have something planned and it will be available soon.

No, we don't do characters sorry.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    DrOcto likes this.
  47. lobotomista

lobotomista

I hope someone does something like this, i was planning on using the poligon blacksmiths militia pack and zombie pack but i feel like some dedicated survivors would be so good.

Xandir88 and DrOcto like this.
  48. Justwo

Justwo

The sale will end soon so this is the last chance to take advantage of the 50% discount.

DrOcto likes this.
  49. TechSinsN

TechSinsN

I would love to see a abandoned airport or a huge supermarket, would really be cool

DrOcto and pushingpandas like this.
  50. Justwo

Justwo

Will keep your request in mind for our future updates.

TechSinsN and DrOcto like this.