Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Surrender : Update Week 3

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Quickfingers, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Quickfingers

Quickfingers

Well another week, another video filled with features n things :)

This week I've been working on
    A.I., Level editing, a new vehicle (A cool lifter that can carry the ground vehicles to other points on the map), Game menus, and destructible scenery.

Also a preview of one of next weeks I've started which is night missions and time of day settings :D

The second half of the video contains a time lapse video of me making a basic level layout in about 20 minutes so you can see my process.

Here is the video http://vimeo.com/18731721

Edt : a more in depth write up on this update is available here http://www.quickfingers.net/?p=307

Thanks for watching

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  2. Baronium

Baronium

Stunning project! Really nice progress in this short period.
    Also many thanks for a sneak preview of your level design method!
    As soon as this game is released, i'm in ;-)

3. granada

granada

WOW,realy nice.I like the lifter :cool: also thanks for the level building insight,very interesting.

Dave

4. crafTDev

crafTDev

Really nice. Plus thats the exact way I decided to build all my levels now for my app. ;-)

5. AshehRS

AshehRS

Great work quickfingers, looking forward to playing this when its complete and good luck with the challenge!

Ash.

6. Specal

Specal

Pretty good effort quickfingers! Im very amazed:) As Granada said, thank you for a sneak peak into the level building. Keep up the good work.

7. PolyMad

PolyMad

Nice, it's coming up a really solid infrastructure. I love how the engine is behaving, creating maps with this system will be the real fun.

If I can suggest something, try to consider real 3D maps, I mean, with slopes and hills and bases at 500m on sea level and other lower, with all the strategic depth this can give :)

8. Sollthar

Sollthar

Looks great both in stills and video! Reminds me of the old "Desert Strike" games somehow. :D

9. mikesgames

mikesgames

very nice.

The game looks great! 3 weeks in now, aint it?

Thats great for 3 weeks work!

10. showoff

showoff

This looks great. Nice work and best of luck.

11. Quickfingers

Quickfingers

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, really motivating me to get this finished.

Glad your liking it, as for the realistic maps, I have to be fairly careful as the game is an arcade game not a simulation so controls are simple, you can only fire either straight or up, so theres no granular control the terrain can't be too wild, also there is a fixed height and angle to the camera so cannot make things too high that might get in the way of your view,
    The map I made theree was just to show the process, and how great snapping is in unity now :) ray cast, vertex and standard. It won't actually be in the game

12. PolyMad

PolyMad

OK, maybe it will be for SURRENDER 2 :D :D :D

13. afalk

afalk

Superb looking update -- love the sound of the Editor script you mentioned for exporting the game map -- slick idea! :) Game play looks great and the new Ai looks pretty effective!

14. Discord

Discord

Very cool! Are you going to be submitting this to the Kongregate contest?

15. KillerSneak

KillerSneak

Reminds me of a game i used to play on my AMIGA, great work looks real nice,

16. Quickfingers

Quickfingers

Discord , yes thats the plan! Have a lot of work to do though and deadline is only a month away so I'm working hard
    i just finished an input manager for the game so you can use xbox 360 controller, ps3 controller or keyboard with no config, just choose :)

And here is it running fullscreen on my TV with ps3 controller :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ype0dyLPrOQ&hd=1