Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Suppressing "Max shadow requests count reached..." spam, and similar

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by dgoyette, Apr 3, 2019.

1. dgoyette

dgoyette

I was adding an option to my HDRP game to allow users to change the graphics settings. One of those settings is the number of shadows to display. I assumed that setting maxShadowRequests to some lowish value would mean performance savings, but instead Unity just starts spamming "Max shadow requests count reached, dropping all exceeding requests. You can increase this limit by changing the max requests in the HDRP asset" every frame.

Is there a way to suppress these warnings? Or am I being naive that setting a lower maxShadowRequests should work as a performance improvement?

2. altepTest

altepTest

Did you managed to figure out how to fix this issue?

3. dgoyette

dgoyette

No, I stopped changing this value last year after making this post, as I didn't find a fix. I haven't gone back again after upgrading to HDRP 7, so I don't know for sure if this is still an issue. I assume you're getting this as well? What version of HDRP are you using?

4. Liderangel

Liderangel

It's still on Unity 2020.3 LTS with HDRP 10, not sure why there is such a warning, it only serves to drop FPS even on build.

5. MuntyMcFly

MuntyMcFly

2021lts and 2022 as well