Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Support request. "<app> not responding" while debugging.

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ecv80, Aug 27, 2018.

1. ecv80

ecv80

If you're experiencing this problem where you'll get a "not responding" pop-up while debugging on Gnome, please show your support by indicating this bug affects you too and subscribing here:

Ubuntu: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mutter/+bug/1740869
    Fedora: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=981149
    (Feel free to add other relevant links like gnome bug tracker's)

We need to raise awareness about this annoying problem in order to get it fixed!

I hope this is relevant enough to be posted here as in my case this occurs while debugging Linux Unity Editor -on VSCode. Otherwise my apologies to mods.

Thanks for your support!

2. Tak

Tak

3. ecv80

ecv80

Hi Tak, thanks for your reply.
    First I appreciate the thread wasn't deleted for being too off-topic or unsuited.

I understand your emphasis on "really", and as it is I'd rather not patch and build anything that would later on get wiped through new system updates. Big hassle to me, just like switching WMs.

I did try the workaround proposed on comment 1 on there but it didn't work. Then I thought I would look for the owner of the pesky window myself. Used xwininfo and got the window ID (which I couldn't get through xprop) and then tried killing the owner with "xkill -id" to figure it out to no avail as I got an error saying my input ID didn't match the required input range or something to that end.

So I guess I'll just continue to debug through Debug.Log() for the meantime and keep hoping they will eventually "fix" this issue.

Regards,
    Eneko