Search Unity

Feature Request Support integration with Perforce workspaces that contain graph clients

Discussion in 'Unity Version Control' started by TV4Fun, Nov 3, 2021.

1. TV4Fun

TV4Fun

Feel free to move this if this is in the wrong forum, but there doesn't seem to be a subforum for Perforce version control.

I am working on a Unity project that uses Perforce as its primary version control. It also loads development versions of a package (ml-agents) that is cloned from a Git repository. To make this package loading as seamless as possible across multiple computers, I include this Git repository as part of the Perforce depot, in a separate subfolder from the main project, and include the relative path to it in `manifest.json`. To enable easy updates to the Git repo as well as allow sharing of any local customizations and avoid conflicts between Perforce's file change detection and Git's, I have enabled Helix4Git on my Perforce server and have this Git repo stored there as part of a graph repo. I have the workspace set up so that the pure Perforce Unity project is in one subfolder, and the graph repo with the Git checkout is in another subfolder. Unity really only needs to worry about version control within the project subfolder, however setting my workspace up this way seems to break Unity's Perforce integration. Trying to connect to my Perforce server, I get a "Login failed" message, and a look at the logs says the exact error is "Version Control: UpdateSettings: Client '<Client Name>' requires an application that can fully support graph clients." A look at the server logs shows this same error. Is there a way around this, or is this a Unity limitation?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @TV4Fun, thank you for the feedback. I passed this feature request along to the Integrations team so that they can review it. Until we create a dedicated Forum thread for non-Plastic SCM integrations, feel free to post questions you have about them here.

TV4Fun likes this.
  3. TV4Fun

TV4Fun