Search Unity

Support? I want to SCREAM!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ev3d, Sep 23, 2015.

1. ev3d

ev3d

so emailing support is not technical support (Company Policy said to me in an email response to a crashing/Console error). Support@unity3d.com is sales support (for subscriptions and asset store purchases only).

You have to post in the forums to get technical support for software we pay multi thousands of dollars for. They call this forum "support" but if you get a response you're one of the lucky ones (or most likely another user is nice enough to help). I have had years of issues with unity, crashes, bugs, etc,etc. And i have literally learned to just suck it up and deal with it. I have to solve issue myself. Why has the unity pro users community not complained? Why does this seem like everyone is ok with it? Someone please set me straight here!

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

So you can submit a bug (if you think it's a bug), or ask for actual help here.

In any case, I'm not sure what complaining on the forums will achieve.

3. ev3d

ev3d

They do not respond to bugs. What if you need actual help?

Heres an example... MSDN, which is about 1/3rd the price, comes with 2 tech support incidents..
    https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/products/msdn-subscriptions-vs/#AdditionalPageSections_1

And my point of this post is to figure out how this all works cause i get 2 different responses. Sales (when asking about paid support) says to email support (that they will help me). I email support and they tell me they don't do technical support and i need to buy premium support. I can't penetrate the bureaucracy. And i hope someone here that has had a lot of issues with unity can tell me how THEY handle these issues?

4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

They do respond to bugs (if they're bugs, and if enough time passes).

There's this:

https://store.unity3d.com/products/support

Then there are the forums, and there's answers, which already have a ton of information.

Again, instead of complaining you could tell us what the problem is.

5. appetizermonster

appetizermonster

i agree with you. Unity must die soon if they keep their support like this.
    especially i think there is a big problem in Unity's Bug reporting system.
    i dont wanna share my project with unity.
    i dont wanna create a simple project that reproduce bugs.
    i think its their responsibility. but unity passes their responsibility to users.

jtsmith1287 likes this.
  6. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

You don't want to show them what the bug is, but you want the bugs fixed.

Got it.

LacunaCorp and mathiasj like this.
  7. appetizermonster

appetizermonster

I can show the bugs, but its not my responsibility
    they must struggle to find a bug and must fix it. bcuz unity is their commercial product. its not an open source community.

in some startup, when user reports a bug, they even go user's home if user can't report a bug consisely and inspect bug, fix it. thats it

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  8. ev3d

ev3d

I already submitted the bug man... But he is right about the "submit all your source code" thing.. If i had to pay say $250 per support incident but i knew they would get me taken care of, i'd do it in a heart beat..

I guess if anyone here has a professional support (paid) experience that would help me a lot.. I don't know if it's worth it.. I buy applecare cause i have had many support issues and they bent over backwards to help me... so now, buying applecare is automatic for me...

I was angry earlier and i am still bit frustrated. But i guess i would like better support when i pay for the pro version...

9. orb

orb

They even respond when it's NOT a bug.

the_motionblur and zombiegorilla like this.
  10. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

You do. If you are a pro user, your bug reports are higher priority. Assuming you submitted a quality bug report. They do respond to bug reports, and to inquires.

As for premium support, we have the enterprise level support and have been quite pleased with it. They have been very helpful.

11. larku

larku

You're obviously new to software development.

Yeah, that sounds like a sustainable plan...

12. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

We do provide technical support through e-mail, some things have to be kept confidential and cannot be posted on the forums/answers. But if it can be public information, it's better to have it on the community sites as that will provide support for others in similar scenarios.

Regarding bug reporting, Thomas has explained how we deal with issues and the likelihood of them being prioritised: http://blogs.unity3d.com/2015/08/17/the-great-incident-bash-of-2015/

the_motionblur, karl_jones and ketura like this.
  13. ev3d

ev3d

guys... i am complaining about support... not the developers... from what i understand, bugs bypass support completely... as a matter of fact, once support realizes your issue is a bug in unity, they close the case and they stop talking to you. You get a response something like "Oh, you have a bug in unity. We don't handle bugs.. you need to go do a whole bunch MORE work for US (for free), so we don't have to. Please gather up all of our troubleshooting, and organize it and create a project specifically to reproduce this issue. And no, we won't do that.. that's the users job."

What i find interesting is they won't forward the info to the dev team, they actually force the user to do it for them, even though at this point, the support person has all the info. I have never seen that before.. Microsoft, apple, etc.. if they find out you have found a bug, they ESCALATE the issue... at the very least they send the info up the chain. They don't force me to start a fresh new conversation with another department. They don't abandon the incident.

Also, with this level of support, i wonder (hence the actual point of this post), IS the paid support any better? I mean 24 hour turnaround is only good if the person on the other end is doing more than just responding to qualify the 24 hour turn around time. Or are you paying to talk to a totally different, or maybe more involved group?

14. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

I think your misrepresenting things here. Support are the first line, they often pass bugs onto developers and keep tabs on progress for the user. They can escalate an issue and set its priority. It is not unreasonable for us to ask for an example project that demonstrates your issue, if we create our own how do we know the issue we find is the same as yours? The process of cutting a project down to a simple reproduction will often help a user discover that the issue is in fact their code or project and not a unity bug. If you do submit a project with the problem then once we have fixed it we can test against your project, no assumptions about if our fix was ever your problem. If you read the previous blog post you would see that the chance of an issue being an actual bug is much greater when an example project is provided. If a bug is causing you problems then creating a good solid reproduction is worth your time, its an investment to ensure your issues get fixed.
    What is the actual bug you have found?

the_motionblur and hippocoder like this.
  15. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

Hey, can you provide us with your support case and bug numbers so we can figure out what's going on?

16. ev3d

ev3d

i am not misrepresenting anything... Here s an exact quote i just got from tech support... If this doesn't scream "There is no support for unity" i don't know what does

Hi Kris,

Thanks for the email.

For technical questions please visit our Unity Forums and Unity Answers sites to find questions addressed previously by Unity engineers and other users:

http://forum.unity3d.com
    http://answers.unity3d.com

If you can't find any posts related to your inquiry on those sites, you can create a new post and other users will be able to help you. There are thousands of users visiting these sites daily, therefore there is a very high chance that your question will be answered. You will be able to refer back to the post at any time and share it with others. Make sure to also visit the documentation site to learn about the topic you are interested in: http://unity3d.com/learn/documentation

Kind regards,
    Bronte
    Unity Support

17. ev3d

ev3d

BTW, this is for "support" case #29408

18. ev3d

ev3d

even more frustrating. I contacted unity sales about the paid support" and asked for the terms and conditions (fine print) of the support agreement and asked what the details were. I was told that they are the same as regular email support they just respond faster...

So i pay for support just so i can have them tell me "Go to the forums" 18 hours sooner? haha So i asked the sales guy about this. and he said unity paid support does not warrantee that the support will be any better than free support... just that they will respond faster.

So to sum it up. NO-ONE at unity thinks support is designed to help developers it seems. Only response i get is "we don't make any promises"... So because of this, i have not purchased paid support. There are NO guarantees, there is no explanation of what paid support is, or how situations are handled. Literally nothing. I'm dumbfounded. I was never rude or anything. Just asking questions trying to figure out how to go about getting ACTUAL support. You know, the kind where you have a problem, give them the details of the problem, maybe even reproduce it and a) they tell me what i am doing wrong, b) give me a workaround, or c) if neither a nor b are possible, escalate the issue up the chain.

i mean that's what support is right, actually trying to support the software. But i can't even get details about the paid support. I am told that no such document exists. There is no formal "this is how paid support works".. only thing i am told is "it is like free support but they respond faster. But the response i get from support is "use the forums".

So here i am... using the forums to handle this situation cause no-one has the answers that work at unity. I really do want real support. If there IS an answer to my questions out there somewhere, i'd love to hear it :)

19. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

It sounds like you may be suffering from this bug. Have you submitted a bug report with an example project? We can check it and see if this is the same issue or a new one.

Also if you are building a bundle for ios/android that includes a shader, the shader included will be compiled for GLES. It won’t run on a desktop platform.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  20. ev3d

ev3d

The asset bundle is built for standalone. And it is on windows with windows build selected.. But this is just the most recent issue i have. So why would support respond with the response posted above? The forums many times just have other people with a similar issue... no resolution... THAT is when i turn to support... but they don't help.. they send me back to the forums.. THAT IS MY POINT... and i research the paid support and everyone says it is the same as free... so... back to my question that nobody answers... how do you get support for unity?

21. ev3d

ev3d

also, I'm my case, the textures are in the main project... not in the asset bundle... so not sure it is the same issue

22. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

So, bear in mind that there is a big difference between what we guarantee - in a contractual sense - and what we actually do.

What support does, on the vast majority of tickets, is exactly what you described - help you work out what you are doing wrong, help you understand the way the engine behaves, and if necessary, help you isolate a problem which is then passed on to the developers for (eventual) resolution.

However, we cannot guarantee any of this for any individual ticket. A support ticket could contain anything - including the most confusing, offensive, and just plain nonsensical communications. Obviously, most of them don't - and so we are able to proceed as I've said above, making progress on the problem and helping the customer - but we do not want to be a position where we are contractually obliged to give specific kinds of support to a customer when we're actually unable to do that.

So in that regard, the only promise we really make with the support contracts - beyond the response time - is "we will try to support you" - and that's the same promise we make for the free support.

Arguably, when you take out a higher-level contract with us, we try to support you more. But exactly what that entails is very much dependent on the individual ticket. It's usually more than just 'go and post in the forums', but at the same time we don't want anyone to buy a support contract thinking that we will always be able to give them a workaround or fix the bug that is blocking them. Sometimes we get stumped, too.

In practice we have a team of highly knowledgeable people, with creative attitudes and access to the Unity source code, who are working on helping customers with support contracts. The success rate on support requests is high - it's higher when customers are willing to work with us by providing details about problems, letting us get at their projects, exploring options with us, and generally being cool-headed, professional and open-minded - but it's still not 100%. That's why we don't make the guarantee. By contrast, if we do not meet our response time commitment, then you can actually sue us for breach of contract. (We'd appreciate it if you didn't, though).

Ultimately, you have to decide for yourself whether you think it is worth the money, considering that there is some risk. I do recommend talking some more to Sales about the support contracts - if you explain your doubts, then maybe Sales can work with you to help you make up your mind about whether it's worth the money for you. Worst case, you could always just try taking out an Indie-level contract for 3 months and just see how it goes (though I'd recommend just talking to Sales first, it'll be cheaper).

hippocoder likes this.
  23. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Did you submit a repro project? Without one, the bug report is going to be lower priority. We have enterprise support, and it has been very useful. But even so, we need to provide details and repro projects, it is critical to getting your problem resolved. If you can't show what the problem actually is, the can't really fix it can they?

Also, when they direct you to the forums, the point is to look for similar issues or to post the details of your problem to hopefully get insight from others. Have you done that? Did you post a thread with your problem? Where is it? I'll be happy to take a look.

24. ev3d

ev3d

Ok... But why would i think theres better support and that you will "try" when i get the response you see above... and in case you were wondering, it was in response to this (my first email to support read this:).

How is the response i got "support"? I mean, look at this from my perspective.. you say that you try to help.. which is great.. but i am showing you (with proof) that it's not how it happens in reality. Am i making sense here? Cause i feel i am re-explaining my situation and experiences over and over.. haha I realize there are times when i may stump support. heck, i sometimes stump apple support.. But i know they are trying cause i can see it. But with unity support it seems like i am wasting my time. I mean, great product... 4.5 stars.. but support.... yikes... the thought of contacting unity support brings up the same feelings as going to the dentist.. It hurts real bad, but at least my tooth is fixed when i leave the dentist. haha

I mean, when is "go search the forums" EVER a first response to a paying customer with a legitimate problem. It's one step away from telling me to google it. That's not support... And trust me, with my previous experience with unity support, not only did i google it, i searched for HOURS, and even tried several "semi related" issue workarounds that people posted, before trying support.. i bet i have a good 16 hours trying to fix it. Trust me, i need support from unity to fix this.. But, contacting Unity support is like a hail marry pass.. Rarely works...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  25. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

It looks to me like the issue you have is either a bug in Unity or how your project works. At this stage there is very little that can be done without a reproduction project submitted to us through the bug reporter. Do this and we will have a chance at fixing the issue or advising you on what you are doing wrong. This is all done through a bug report. I think you will find the support you are after is provided through this route. So report a bug, with an example project and clear steps on how to recreate the issue and then post the bug number here. Then we can do some support. At this point you have had 3 Unity employees on this thread, so why not take advantage of that and give us a chance to help you

26. ev3d

ev3d

So if i report a bug, they will respond and tell me if a) it actually is a bug, or b) what i am doing wrong? And this is done through bug reports? So if i need help, i summit a bug report? Even if i think i might be dong something wrong, or misunderstanding documentation? And they will respond to me?

27. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

If you think you are doing something wrong or don't understand you post on the forum where you have access to the unity developers and the community. This really is a better solution than email 99% of the time. Its seen by more people and the developers are on here all the time. This is what you did, we looked at the issue and have told you it looks like a bug, we need a bug report to proceed. Email support sent you here and you got 3 unity employees and the community offering help. You are getting support, its just not through email. The medium doesn't really matter as long as the problem gets solved. So submit the bug report and lets get it solved.

Fab4 likes this.
  28. ev3d

ev3d

Ok, so... email support is not a good way to go. I take it that is the way unity support is designed? That's fine.. One more question.. So who do we go to if we post and get no response? (I have had that happen).

29. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

You can:

1) Google your problem (then google it some more, then google it even more)
    2) Ask on forums.
    3) Ask on answers.
    4) Mail support.
    5) If you think it's a bug, file a bug report.
    6) Read the docs.

One of those is bound to help.

In the meantime you have to troubleshoot your problem, pin down the cause, try to find workarounds.

Dantus, zombiegorilla and hippocoder like this.
  30. ev3d

ev3d

AcidArrow, i'm not an idiot here lol, Any developer knows that...

My original question is about paid support (still not been answered).. I have just been having no luck getting anyone to understand that.... sometimes, you would like to have help directly from unity and have that help be accountable and direct. Seems to me that i have been given bad information in the past from staff at unity. Some staff says email, some say forums, some say paid support.. Yet i can't get any specifics on paid support and how it works (not even from sales). Seems nobody knows for sure. I have salesmen say to email support, and then i email support, and they say to read the forums, then forums say post bug reports... I want to pull my hair out and i am hoping my experience is not typical.

But, to re-iterate... I want apple-like support, and willing to pay for it.. :) And i would like someone to answer me if such thing exists, and what hoops i have to jump through to get it :) I have a staff of people here that use unity and as owner of the company i would like a dependable way to get help if we need it.

Seems like i have spent all my time trying to explain that email support is not good support (from my past experiences)... but paid support is via email.. thoroughly frustrated trying to get a straight answer :) Closest so far is karl.jones (and thanks btw)..

junctionboss likes this.
  31. ev3d

ev3d

I posted a public bug report but i have not gotten the email is said i should get. Does that take a long time or should i re-submit?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  32. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Well. With a subject of "Support? I want to SCREAM!!!!!!!!" you can see how people can be confused.

I re-read your first post and I'm still not sure what you are asking. It just seems like venting to me (which is fine).

And about paid support... well, have you read this? https://unity3d.com/learn/premium-support

also here: https://store.unity3d.com/products/support

I'm guessing you have. But they are pretty self explanatory. So again, what is your question about paid support?

What does that mean? In my experience (with itunes connect issues) apple support is normal support. Sometimes they are very helpful, and sometimes they reject your app for no reason and when you challenge it, they go for investigation mode for 1 month and then suddenly one day approve your app without telling you what happened.

Also, the bug report server is having problems and has a big backlog currently so bugs are taking a while to get processed. No need to resubmit though ( I think ).

zombiegorilla likes this.
  33. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Is that the complete details of your problem? Is that what you emailed support?

If so, that is your problem. There is virtually no information to go on, it could be one of dozens of things. You can't expect support (for anything) if you can't explain the problem. That's probably why they sent you to the forums, it is highly unlikely that is a bug, and there is no way to tell.

You have made many posts complaining about a problem, but haven't communicated effectively what the problem is. Your kinda spinning your wheels, just yelling "it's broke!", and shifting the blame. Give details, post your shader (I'm fairly certain that is the problem), post any errors you are getting. Unity may help if you sent them your project, but if they don't or tell you the problem is with your project, you'll need to resolve it in another way.

The community can help you trouble shoot it (assuming you provide details about the problem). Unity support is primarily for supporting the product, not really game development it self. I'm sure if you paid the premium support you might more of something like that, but really if you are having trouble writing your game you either need to leverage the community resources, or hire a consultant.

34. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

I can only guess why the salesperson you contacted didn't suggest that Premium Support could give you a more helpful answer - mostly I guess it's to do with the 'not wanting to say anything that was interpreted as a guarantee' thing.

But, just look at the details of the Premium Support packages - the very first thing is 'number of hours per month.' If you take out an indie support contract and thus get 3 hours a month, we don't use those 3 hours to just say 'go and search the forums.' :)

35. ev3d

ev3d

36. Dave-Carlile

Dave-Carlile

So, what's that supposed to do? I run it and get this.

37. ricardo_arango

ricardo_arango

Unity Technologies

Hi ev3d,

To clear things a bit, let me talk about what Free Support at Unity is. The Free Support service spends most of it's time helping customers with non-technical questions, with issues related to Licensing, UDN account management, and Asset Store publishers and customers. The Free Support service can be reached by emailing us at support@unity3d.com, or through the support portal (https://support.unity3d.com). It is not prohibited and we can sometimes help with technical questions via the free service, but it really depends on the question. If the question that you ask is about a known problem (bug) which we are aware of, we will help you with the information we have about it. We do recommend that you first search for existing issues in the Issue Tracker website : http://issuetracker.unity3d.com. If you report a new bug or if it's something that requires in-depth investigation, we will ask you to submit a bug report. The bug process is separate from support as was mentioned by Sara Cecilia, and she also suggested you have a look at this thread from Thomas Petersen, who is the QA director, about how bug reports are processed : http://blogs.unity3d.com/2015/08/17/the-great-incident-bash-of-2015/

If your question is not about a bug but about how Unity works, we try to answer it on the sport if we have a stock answer or if the support person knows the answer. If we can't help there and then, we will forward you to the Forums and Answers so that you can get help from the community, which will hopefully once addressed benefit the entire Unity community. You will be amazed at how helpful and smart the users in the Unity community are. We at Unity often learn a lot of tricks from the users in the community sites. What Bronte forgot to include in her message is that if you are not able to get any help from the community you can come back to us and the free support team can escalate the questions to upper support tiers, and we will then try to answer you question in the Forums or the Answers website ourselves.

Premium Support is a paid for technical support service from Unity, which includes among other things: fast responses, in-depth analysis of the issues reported, help isolating and reproducing bugs, liasing with the development team to help with the user's issue and fast track bugs when feasible, offering insight of the inner workings of the engine, providing information about upcoming features and fixes and in general, we help Unity users use the engine. The main goal is to help team in their productions from start to finish, that's why the contracts have a minimum period.

You are very much correct that the messaging you received from sales and in the free support ticket about what is covered and not by the paid and free support services was confusing. Please accept our apologies, we should have been clearer and made an extra effort to help you.

With regards with the specific issue that you are having, I can summarize what's already been said: there are 3 reasons why that problem could happen :
    1) The bug that Karl already suggested : http://issuetracker.unity3d.com/iss...ence-to-textures-if-loaded-from-asset-bundles, also discussed on this thread: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/lo...es-makes-assets-appear-pink-in-editor.326541/
    2) You are building your bundles for iOS/Android with the shaders included in the bundles and then loading them in the Editor. The GLES shaders can't be loaded using the DirectX or OpenGL renderers that the Editor use.
    3) It's a new problem.

If it's #1, you can use the workaround suggested on the thread of including the shaders in the bundles ("marking the shader in a bundle"). You can also keep an eye on the page in the Issue Tracker website for updates to the bug.
    If it's #2, you need to build Desktop versions of your bundles to use while testing in the Editor.
    If it's #3, you need to submit a bug report.

I hope this helps. If you can't still figure out what to do, feel free to PM me. :)

38. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Hi,

I have taken a look at your project.
    1. I also had the issue however i realised you have the build platform set to StandaloneOSXIntel64, I am using Windows so I changed it to WindowsStandalone and it was fine. Are you using a Mac? Try changing the platform you are building.
    2. For testing don't use LoadFromCacheOrDownload, it will keep loading a cached version and so if you are making changes to test you will be loading the wrong one each time. Do something like this instead
    Code (csharp):
    1. using (WWW www = WWW("file://C:/Users/Karl/Desktop/NewAssetundleIssue/New Assetundle Issue/Assets/AssetBundles/StandAlone/testobject"))
    Once its all working then switch back to LoadFromCacheOrDownload for your release.

39. Todd-Wasson

Todd-Wasson

While some Unity eyes are on this thread, could one of you take a quick peek at my question in this same subforum and see if an obvious idea or two pops out at you?

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/windows-10-can-not-load-my-dll.366929/

I started beta testing my product a couple days ago and discovered that my project does not work on Windows 8 or Windows 10, and I'm even having problems on one users' Windows 7 machine now which is the same OS I'm running. So I've got problems all over the place suddenly once it was running on other people's machines. Total shock. It could be my fault but I just don't even know where to look when Unity will load a native dll on one version of Windows but not another. Details (if any) can be discussed there so as not to hijack this thread.

Regarding ev3d's point, I have similar feelings in that very few of my questions in the forum ever even get responses from anyone, let alone Unity staff, so I have pretty much stopped asking. It feels like there aren't enough Unity eyes keeping a watch on the forums, and once you advance past the most basic, beginner questions or have made a couple smart friends here that have taken a personal interest in you and/or your project, there's not much point in coming here with questions. I feel like I've given a lot more than I've received in that regard.

Response in beta and during bug reports is good, but here I feel like I'm asking an empty room most of the time. Because of that, I'd be a little irritated if somebody at Unity told me to go to the forums for help. It feels like the chances of getting even a single comment or suggestion is about 5%.

There is so much traffic here that I don't really blame Unity employees for not personally going in and answering everything themselves, they'd need 100,000 more staff to do it and I can only reasonably expect so much for $1500, but it does speak to ev3d's original point. The response in beta is very good (lots of Unity eyes watching) and the response during the filing of bug reports is good enough, but here it's become pointless to even ask unless you scream loudly enough. There are now four different Unity employees in here now that somebody got pissed off enough. Where were the four of you when I couldn't load a native dll in Windows 10, but it worked on Windows 7?

Yeah, I know, file a bug report and cross your fingers. :rolleyes:

junctionboss likes this.
  40. ev3d

ev3d

I am downloading it from the server to test the code to make sure it is all working. Also, we have separate developers making the asset bundles.. so it is easy for them to upload them to the cloud.. But, if what you are saying is correct, I thought that all asset bundles are compatible with the editor? I swore i read that in the documentation. So you have to build the asset bundle separately for OS X standalone vs Windows?

But I built the AssetBundle and uploaded it and reproduced the issue without ever changing the build target.. Was windows the whole time..

I think you said this more eloquently than i did... I've never been very good at being Politically Correct haha. However, you seem to have hit the nail on the head.. I agree 1000%

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  41. ev3d

ev3d

Also, i am using a mac, but i develop most of the time in windows (parallels) so that i can use the visual studio debugging tools. Open unity on the mac side to build iPhone, etc..

42. ev3d

ev3d

If you look in the scene view, you will see the issue...

43. ev3d

ev3d

Also, i NEVER did get an email about the bug report.. Who do i contact about that? I receive all other unity emails, checked by spam folder...

And i do not see it in the issue tracker..

44. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Hey. So it looks like our docs are incorrect. We do say that Standalone builds are all compatible:
    http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/AssetBundle.html
    A bundle built for any of the standalone platforms (including webplayer) can be loaded on any of those platforms but not on iOS or Android.

This is true except for shaders which are not compatible between platforms. We will update the documentation on this.
    So you will need to build the asset bundles for the correct Standalone platforms.

45. ev3d

ev3d

Any word on why i do not get an email when i submit a bug?

benzuk likes this.
  46. ev3d

ev3d

also, why does unity not have "per incident" support? So that you can pay for support as you need it..

benzuk likes this.
  47. benzuk

benzuk

I'm also disappointed from the Unity support.

junctionboss likes this.
  48. Kronnect

Kronnect

I'm a Pro subscriber and I can confirm that about half of my bug reports get answered in a way that allows me to choose the adecuate decision, either wait for a fix, find a workaround, or abandon the feature and go on.
    I consider current response level good enough having into account the complexity of software (and Unity is just a piece) and user base for the current subscription fee.
    You just can't expect a thoughtful reply for each email or bug report, unless you have a dedicated contract.

junctionboss likes this.
  49. TwILeK

TwILeK

Hi

I'm a pro user (buy 6 (SIX) PRO licenses!) when unity was 4.3 ... but we buoght the 5.0 pre license. We try the 5.0 demo, but get a bug. Asking unity support and get the simple answer: go to forum :D

The unity is crashing, freez, buggy, etc ... and on the forum don't get normal TECHNICAL support...

So we pay 9500 dollars for a software (when was 4.3, with SUPPORT), and now? we don't get any support ...

Yes, i dont need upload my 40GB project, share with community :)

No unity support ...

50. benzuk

benzuk

This is the reason why I don't want spend money on Unity. I also have problems with Unity engine.

junctionboss, ev3d and TwILeK like this.