Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Support for Virtual Control Surfaces?

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by KnightsHouseGames, Apr 29, 2016.

1. KnightsHouseGames

KnightsHouseGames

So Unity 5 has been out for a while now, with it's new Sound Mixer feature. And from the research I've done, it seems like that feature doesn't support virtual control surfaces. By that I mean USB/Midi style physical mixer boards like this, that are often used with DAW software like Protools and Logic and such

For sound designers for games, I feel like support for such devices would be kinda cool. Also, I've seen such devices modified for use for other things, such as photo manipulation in Adobe Lightroom. So I feel like it could perhaps have other uses inside Unity, like control of values in the Inspector for example.

Just a thought for a possible new feature to support inside of Unity that I think could be pretty useful

2. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

3. KnightsHouseGames

KnightsHouseGames

I really think this is waaay above my paygrade unfortunately.

Reading that link, I felt very lost. This all the more supports the idea that maybe the Unity developers might understand this better, because I definitely don't understand all that

4. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Thanks for the suggestion, but requests like these belong in the http://feedback.unity3d.com/

This forum is to test the existing set of features.

5. KnightsHouseGames

KnightsHouseGames

Oh, OK, I wasn't aware, I didn't see a suggestions area on the forum and assumed this would be the best place

I'll repost this over on there then