Search Unity

Question Support for the foldable devices

Discussion in 'Android' started by TeohRIK, Feb 1, 2021.

1. TeohRIK

TeohRIK

Hi guys, one of my tester who using Galaxy fold reported the screen stretching issue. My game have a setting to allow user to lower down the screen resolution and I keep a copy of the original resolution in the playerprefs first time they launch the game, so everytime when the game start I will use the stored copy to calculate lower resolutions.

So ya my question is there anything like a event or callback when user fold open or close while the game is running? So I can grab the current resolution and change base on what the user have set. Thanks

2. xaldin-76

xaldin-76

We need support for foldable devices too, when I try to fold/unfold a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 (Samsung device farm) the game screen stays the same from "fold" to "unfold" and reports that the app doesn't support that. Which looks very unresponsive. Is there something I'm missing?

3. ian_chung

ian_chung

4. TheDreamEXE

TheDreamEXE

Actually very curious about foldables as well. I do testing on my Z Fold 3 and the game basically restarts when I unfold the device, rather than continue from its folded state. Would love to hear more about what we can do about this since I lose unsaved data when I unfold and idk what kind of functions or callback methods are happening when I unfold

5. DevDunk

DevDunk

From what I know this is not supported yet

6. JoJoJoX

JoJoJoX

same here!