Search Unity

Support for RTX on NVIDIA Tesla GPU's

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Superdeath, Mar 31, 2022.

1. Superdeath

Superdeath

I have vast quantities of RTX rendering output to capture as videos, so I've been trying to set up a remote compute instance on Google Cloud Platform and run my project from there. I have Windows server compute instances with both Tesla P4 and Tesla T4 GPU's, both with DirectX12 installed, drivers updated, HDRP wizard steps to fix RTX run, etc., but neither Unity 2020.3f61 nor Unity 2021 say RTX is supported. When checking Project Settings>Quality>HDRP in Unity 2021, I get the warning "Ray-tracing is currently on supported on DX12 and PlayStation 5" and in 2020 I get a basic "Ray-tracing is not supported by this device." This same project works fine locally on an RTX 3080. Is there some way to get this to work with Tesla GPU's? Could the issue be that I'm using Windows Server? Anybody ever get this sort of thing working?

2. INedelcu

INedelcu

Unity Technologies

Hi! You can check SystemInfo.supportsRayTracing in a simple C# script to verify if your system configuration supports ray tracing. This support status comes from DirectX12 (and the graphics driver). We don't have an internal list of supported GPUs or different code paths for different GPUs for supporting ray tracing.
    You can additionally check if your OS is up to date. You'll need at least Windows 10 version 1809.

Superdeath likes this.