Search Unity

Support and thank to jukka_j

Discussion in 'Web' started by roka, May 31, 2021.

1. roka

roka

Hello everybody,

I think that everybody can agree that @jukka_j is making a great great job on the WebGL part and in this forum section.

He take the time to replay on a lot of posts and try to follow as best as he can all issues.

We open our mouth when we are not happy , so open it too when we are happy to give him some love.

Just like,replay whatever you want to give him some love for his great work here.
    He completely deserve it.

Thank you and have a good day.

2. KamilCSPS

KamilCSPS

Also want to add that I've noticed a few other Unity devs popping left and right from time to time. A lot more than before.

Hats off to the entire team for stepping up. It's really appreciated and thank you for your patience and professionalism as we understand its not always easy dealing with 'us' :)

Will end by saying 'good luck', 'enjoy' or 'see you later!' (whatever fits!) to Jukka during his absence this summer. I know you'll be missed but we'll try to hold the fort for you!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    De-Panther and adamgolden like this.
  3. jukka_j

jukka_j

Unity Technologies

Thanks - very much honored for the positive comments.

Indeed like I think I mentioned in another thread already, I am going on a leave for the next three months. By the time I get back, I expect the team will have fixed all the bugs and added all the features to show off that every individual is replaceable, so things should be in good hands! :)

4. Marks4

Marks4

I doubt it, they will probably go back to saying mobile isn't supported on WebGL and leave it at that.

Three months without webgl progression T_T

5. DerrickBarra

DerrickBarra

@Marks4 you should see @tteneder 's code, he's a magician at helping us run WebGL on mobile via his KTXUnity and DracoUnity plugins. Without those two things in place, we would be memory-bound even further (256mb on mobile is tough to hit sometimes).

KamilCSPS likes this.
  6. brendanduncan_u3d

brendanduncan_u3d

Unity Technologies

@Marks4 Hey, we're working on it! :) We have a great team, and some awesome stuff coming out in 2021.2 shortly. Jukka is great about helping out on the forums. I try, will work on doing better, and we'll encourage the rest of the team to come on the forums, too.

zinkins, OceanX000, Marks4 and 3 others like this.