Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Volei Brasil

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by maulongoni, Jul 21, 2008.

1. maulongoni

maulongoni

Hey guys, I'm proud to announce our new unity3d web game. It is a volley ball game, with real olympic brazilliam team. It was made as a promotion to launch the new clothes for beijing 2008. It's a survivor game, you keep playing til you lose, and you can open a secret player and some exclusive wallpapers.

The game is little hard to play at the beggining, more than we planned, but when you learn the tecnhiques, it comes very fun.

The game is already online and officially released.

The adress is http://www.supervoleibrasil.com.br click on "Jogar Agora", select your players and enjoy. It can be played on joystick too. The base keys are directionals, A and S, A is attack and S is Deffense, to jump just press S when the ball is height, when in the air, press A or S to make different air attacks.

Thanks all.

Mauricio Longoni - Development Director
    Aquiris | Game Experience Team
    www.aquiris.com.br
    +55 51 30263556
    + 55 51 8120 43 00

2. psychicparrot

psychicparrot

AWESOME!

Great job, guys :) ... this really is a good showcase game for Unity3d.

It's pretty tough - I haven't managed to win a game yet :( ... but still a lot of fun. I'm sending out the link to everyone I know right now!!

I'm not sure if you'll want to share the secret, but I wonder how you managed to wrap this in a Flash window? I right click on the game and it brings up the Flash menu ... whats the secret here? It looks like it transitions seamlessly from Flash to Unity?? I'd be really interested in how you guys did that :)

Nice work and congrats on a great game!!

3. imparare

imparare

great work and very inspirational.

4. artzfx

artzfx

That's fantastic work guys!

5. maulongoni

maulongoni

Hey guys, Thanks all.

About Flash and unity, of course i can tell! hehehe it's just an iFrame on top of flash, when you are in the flash menus(select player is flash) unity is hide. We always use a texture inside unity to "match" with flash edges.

6. psychicparrot

psychicparrot

Ahhh I see! That's very cool. Opens up a little window for me to tell our Flash guys they can do all the front and back end UI work for me :D

Two things I wasn't sure about were ...

1. The Flash window doesn't seem to get hidden, so does that mean a performance hit on Unity since it's still running in the background? It ran fine on my MacBook Pro megabeast, but I have no idea about other peoples machines ... I caught one of my team playing it earlier and he didn't have any problems at all, so I don't know if it's really an issue.

2. Despite most people in my building coming back with high praise for the game and having no problems, I have seen a couple of browser crashes at the point when Unity gets 'shown', both in IE 7 and in Safari... I wonder how stable the whole Iframe hiding stuff is...?

For the most part, though, it seems to run fine. I love the idea of using Flash for the UI, since it makes my life a lot easier.

Thanks so much for sharing that with me and, again, congrats on a great game!

Jeff.

7. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

Really nice work. :)

Cheers,
    -Jon

8. nickavv

nickavv

Incredibly cool. Nice work!

9. minevr

minevr

Very good job!Bump!