Search Unity

Super Scene Baker

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by techsalad, Nov 9, 2017.

1. techsalad

techsalad

Plugin_KeyImageLarge_516x389.png
    >> Get it on the Asset Store

Super Scene Baker is an editor tool to easily automate the process of lightmaps, reflection probes, light probes, static occlusion and/or navmesh baking on multiple scenes.

Why Super Scene Baker?
    You have multiple scenes to maintain?
    Before exporting a new build, you want to make sure all the baked data of your scenes are up-to-date?
    Instead of opening every scenes to check them, use Super Scene Baker to automate this process in one click! You'll never have a build with broken lightmaps anymore!

Use this powerful tool super easily by following 3 simple steps:
    - select the scenes you want to bake (or automatically select the scenes from the build settings)
    - choose the operations to perform (NavMesh, Static Occlusion...)
    - press Bake!

Features:
    - Efficient tool to automate a redundant and error-prone task.
    - Bake the lightmaps of multiple scenes independently.
    - Automatically save bake changes.
    - Super simple to use.
    - Choose exactly which operation you want to perform.
    - Report baking stats (lightmaps count and process time).
    - Full source code available / no DLL.

Please note that using Super Scene Baker to bake multiple scenes is different than multi-editing in the Unity Editor:
    - opening multiple scenes in the Unity Editor, and baking the lightmaps, will result in merging all the lighting data.
    - in the other hand, Super Scene Baker allows you to bake scene lightmaps independently: a light from SceneA will not be baked inside SceneB.

Please rate and add a review in the Asset Store if you like it! Thanks!!

Lars-Steenhoff and theANMATOR2b like this.
  2. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

I will check it out! looks super useful

techsalad likes this.
  3. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

I want to purchase this asset.

Question: Does it currently allow a particular GameObject to be disabled in a scene for baking?

I have certain folders within a scene that need to be disabled in order for me to bake the light, Occlusion and Navmesh in the scene properly.

Would purchase today if it has this feature :).

4. techsalad

techsalad

No it doesn't have this feature. But it's a really interesting suggestion, I'll think about it!
    Thanks

5. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

Another question: Does this asset allow you to open all scenes (I have 50) and bake Occlusion together? My game has scene streaming and that's the only way to make sure it works across all the scenes.

6. techsalad

techsalad

Hi
    No it actually does the opposite. You give a list of scenes, and the tool will open the each scene one after the other and bake them independently.
    Thanks.

7. techsalad

techsalad

Regarding this feature request, how would you like to specify the GameObjects to disable during baking? Would you prefer to specify a Tag, and so all the GameObjects with this Tag would be disabled? Or a specific Layer? Or another way?
    Thanks for your feedback

8. f1chris

f1chris

I have a main scene with player, controller and direct light settings. I then want to bake all my levels who additive scenes. Can I do that easily ? I mean...baking my additive scenes but with Lights from my main scene !!

thx

9. techsalad

techsalad

Hi,
    Unfortunately you can't. This asset bakes the scenes independently, not additively. You can't mix scenes together while baking.
    Thanks
    TS

10. blueivy

blueivy

does this asset automatically place multiple reflection probes in large scenes, or is it just one reflection probe per scene? I'm interested in using this just for the reflection probe feature.

11. techsalad

techsalad

Hello and thanks for your interest.
    No this asset doesn't place any reflection probes for you. All it does is baking scenes sequentially, so you don't have to manually open scene A, bake its lighting, reflection probes and occlusion, wait, open scene B and so on...
    Thanks
    TS

blueivy likes this.
  12. oliver_unity892

oliver_unity892

Hi,
    Can I ask for a feature request? Is it possible to add a UnityEvent parameter to the Scene Baker inspector panel for pre-bake and post-bake events, perhaps per-scene? I'd like to make changes to key objects before each bake (mainly to set/unset the Static field) and having a UnityEvent field there would be really useful.

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    techsalad likes this.
  13. techsalad

techsalad

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try to do that!

14. techsalad

techsalad

Hey Oliver,
    I did some tests. It's not possible to reference an Event function attached to a GameObject inside a scene, because each time you change the opened scene, the reference stored in the SuperSceneBaker editor will be lost.
    However you can create a ScriptableObject and reference functions from it. It will work with a ScriptableObject since it will live outside of Unity scenes. However I'm not sure that's what you were looking for.
    Will it work for you?
    Thanks
    TS