Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Fast Foods

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by uv, Feb 15, 2013.

1. uv

uv

2. xNiiCADEMUS

xNiiCADEMUS

First of all congrats on getting your first game finished and on the Play Store. It seems large for what it is although I know unity takes quite a bit of space. For the menu graphics I think you should spend some time learning how to use adobe illustrator or something similar and make some vector graphics. Basically if your satisfied with gameplay then I would focus on graphics as a whole for the next update. Not only for appearance but also to save space. Nice job!

3. imphenzia

imphenzia

Congratulations on releasing a game!

I agree with xNii, 22mb seems to be quite large - I am working on making sure my game Rocketbox is as small as possible despite the extra overhead that Unity introduces. Also - I see that the game requires Internet Access - are you running adverts in the game or what is the need for internet access?

4. uv

uv

thanks guys..much appreciated ! I really focused on scripting than any other thing on this...this was the first time I ever wrote a scipt :D ...but I totally understand that its UGLY :p ...and I had no idea its going to be this big (thats what she said)...any tips on making my next projects smaller ? what texture formats do you guys use..almost anything and everything to make my unity apps smaller would help..

5. uv

uv

o and yes..it requires internet ..cause I was learning online leaderboards ..it has one

6. imphenzia

imphenzia

Use as low texture resolution as you can for mobile apps - test it and see what is acceptable visually.

If you use audio, try to use short seamless loops instead of long pieces of music. Also use compressed audio. Music is usually the biggest space thief in the mobile world so use it with caution =)

7. uv

uv

awsome...thanks