Search Unity

Super 3match kit - with: AI, visual editor and modular gameplay editor

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LuxUnity, Aug 15, 2014.

1. rocket4app

rocket4app

Hi,
    Aaaaaa, ok thanks :) Lol :D

2. BigBoiii_Jones

BigBoiii_Jones

Just curious if we can make smoother visuals more so like Huniepop and actually have animations when dragging the gems we choose.

3. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Right now I'm working on version 2.0 that will have a complete new and more customizable animation system.

4. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Just a little update about version 2:
    - It is 90% done
    - It will have better performances (even a stress test 50x50 run smooth)
    - It will be very modular with scriptable objects for rulesets, graphic themes and maps
    (txt file be non longer used, but it will be a converter for your old maps)
    - It will allow to manage multiple game levels in the same unity scene
    - it will use unity animations instead of script to create, destroy and so on...
    (So you can customize them easy)
    - It will add a new battle mode

5. SkyMan77

SkyMan77

Hi, i'm freshly new to Unity and i'm very interested by your toolkit. But before buying it, i have lot of questions:

1 - Will it be hard for me to use, knowing that for now, i don't know coding?
    2 - Does it have a Map Editor?
    3 - I'm planning on making Boss Battles in my game, where a match 3 does 300 damage, 4 =400 and so on, and the enemy, every turn, adds obstacles. Is that possible?
    4 - Will there be a way to implement Tutorials?
    5 - I'm planning on making a Match 3 with a story, how could i use your toolkit to add dialogs between levels?

6. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

1- Yes, you don't need coding to use it
    2- If you mean, to build levels, yes, you can see it here:

3a- Yes, you can set how much damage do a gem when explode, so more gems, more damage
    3b- You can generate a perceptual of junk* items instead of gems, when new gems are created
    *stuff that can't match and could be destroyed only by bonuses or if them reach the bottom
    4- at the start of each level you can show a text to explain stuff
    5- dialogues don't are a Match3 game so this asset don't do that, but you can use another asset to do that.
    Like this: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/fungus-34184

7. SkyMan77

SkyMan77

8. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

9. SkyMan77

SkyMan77

Wouah so cool, thanks.

Since the 2.0 of Super Match 3 is 90% done, should i consider waiting for it, or buying the current version?

10. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I plan to release the 2.0 next month, it will be a free update for those that have the current one.
    Because version 2.0 will change the workflow, if you want wait you'll don't need to redo the ruleset-setup.

11. SkyMan77

SkyMan77

12. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

It is already supported!
    https://aureusinteractive.github.io/Demo/demo_3match/index.html
    Play: "reach target score" to see it.

13. ErwinSetyoko

ErwinSetyoko

Hi I already buy your product, i just wonder if i can change stage setting for leveling and many other setting on prefabs controller trough script?

14. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Could you be more specific? What are you trying to achieve?

15. ErwinSetyoko

ErwinSetyoko

I Want to Change this through script

16. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I see. Well change that through script don't help you to change the stage using the same scene, because the board lack of methods to reset and refresh the stage file information once loaded.
    I solve this problem in 2.0, but until it, the only way load a different stage file, is load a different unity scene with the board that have a different stage file (like in the demo scenes).

17. ErwinSetyoko

ErwinSetyoko

Oke Thanks for your care, I am very happy as this problem will be solved on next month's update

18. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Version 2.0 in upload!

Meanwhile you could play the new DEMO

Warning! This is a major release: if you already working with a previous version of this asset, make backup copy of your work before import this version over it!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  19. matthewdporter

matthewdporter

Hi. I am interested in your asset, but would like to know if it supports just the "swap" mechanic, or if it also supports the "drag" or "swipe" mechanic also?

That is, can it support "chaining" together gems from different rows by swiping?

Thanks in advance.

20. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

1- there is a teleport bonus that allow to swap two gems in whatever position.
    2- If you mean drag an whole column or row, no.
    Instead if you mean move two adjacent gems by swipe, instead of click one and then the other, yes in turn-based gameplay.

21. SkyMan77

SkyMan77

I just bought it. But… How does it work? I mean, is there a tutorial somewhere that could explain to me every steps so i can use it?

22. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Yes, there is a "documentation" folder with step by step pdf tutorials.

23. SkyMan77

SkyMan77

oh thanks!!!! I was searching on this thread haha!!!!

24. Feryx

Feryx

Hi I buy your product and the next version 2.0 have a big bug, when the gems falling and i choose a bonus like 3x3 bomb when during the animation and i activate it (or i wait until the falling end) the game sometime is totally freeze.sometime is wait for a few click and work again but is annoying mistake.
    I record the problem is a tottal fresh package without any change,

I hope the script not disable the bonus use until the falling and that make the problem.

25. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Than you for your warning. I will investigate this issue.

26. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Ok, I find and fix the bug. I'm uploading it now (Asset store usually require 3 days to update).

27. Feryx

Feryx

Hi thank the fast fix the [Reach target score] mode is work perfectly, but If i earn the target score nothing happen.
    The bonus system have some bug, on the [Advanced charge bonus] mode if I earn the bonus unlock and I activate it the game freeze.
    The [Battle colors] have the bonus freeze bug too.
    The [Destroy tiles vs timer] cant win but i destroy all tiles.
    The take all token demo have tokens on the map editor but not visible its and never can earn the game gole.
    V2.0.1

28. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I'll check your issues. But about:
    the message that appear before play said to destroy all tiles then make fall the tokens.
    The tokens are hidden until you destroy all tiles. If you want to have the token from the start, go into token ruleset template and, just after the win condition, turn off "show tokens only after..."

Feryx likes this.
  29. Feryx

Feryx

Thank the tokens problem i misunderstood sorry :D but the other problems is still.

30. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I just upload version 2.0.2

31. Feryx

Feryx

Hi, the v2.0.2 version Advanced charge bonus system still bugs on the 3x3 bomb activation.
    If I use the themplate rule AND when i activate the bomb bonus I give a null reference error.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AdvancedBonusButton.Reset_fill () (at Assets/3match/ugui/script/AdvancedBonusButton.cs:158)
    UIManager.Reset_charge_fill () (at Assets/3match/ugui/script/UIManafger/UIManager.updateGUI.cs:20)
    tile_C.Destroy_3x3 (Boolean start_explosion) (at Assets/3match/script/tile/tile_C.bonus.cs:341)
    tile_C.Try_to_use_bonus_on_this_tile () (at Assets/3match/script/tile/tile_C.bonus.cs:24)
    tile_C.MyOnMouseDown () (at Assets/3match/script/tile/tile_C.cs:209)
    InputManager.MouseOver_Tile (UnityEngine.GameObject thisObj) (at Assets/3match/script/InputManager.cs:68)
    InputManager.Update () (at Assets/3match/script/InputManager.cs:37)

If i set the rule to OR the ide go to an infinite loop and only stop when i close full unity process.
    On the Time bonus and the Damage have same freeze when i set OR rule.

V2.0.2
    Unity V2018.1.1f1

32. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Hi,
    Update unity to 2018.2.2 and then redownload the asset from the asset store.

33. ErwinSetyoko

ErwinSetyoko

Hi pal, I just Cannot Build v2.02 on My Unity 2017 how, it says error on TxtConverter.cs, why?

34. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Currently I have serious technical issues on my main computer and so I can't go to see "why", but TxtConverter.cs it is only used in the editor to covert the old txt maps in the new ones, so you can delete that script before click on build.

35. Silvermurk

Silvermurk

Good day, is there any way i can make tiles and effects a child of an external canvas?
    To make it movable with camera, instead of beind fixed in place.
    Or at least turn it so that Y would be up when camera looks down?:)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  36. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Hi,
    ScoreCanvas, PraiseCavans (under Camera) and bkImageCanvas are indipendent and you can put them as child of something else if you want, tiles instead are sprites and don't have a common parent for performance purpose.

Note that, because the background in independent, you can move the camera without affect the background move and so have the illusion that is the tile board that moves.

37. Silvermurk

Silvermurk

And is there any way i can turn whole thing -90 on X axis?
    Unity pathfinding in 3d works only on XZ axis as floor with Y up, so i pretty mych need tiles to "lay on the floor".
    Any way it could be done ?:)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  38. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

That wold be complicate, but luckily there is an hidden feature that allow to use unity nawMesh on a XY plane (and also bake it dinamically)
    https://www.spacebumfuzzle.com/post...nity-navmesh-on-the-xy-plane-with-2d-physics/

Silvermurk likes this.
  39. vlater

vlater

Hello. I have a problem achieving the desired mechanic. I want to do the following:

1. The player have to collect 10 tokens - this is the win condition
    2. Initially the table won't contain any tokens, all tiles are with HP 0
    3. All tokens will be generated by the emitter
    4. There is a timer - if it expires - the player loses
    5. There are tiles which the player should destroy first, before the tokens start to appear (this is a variation of point 2 - where no tokens initially, but with HP 1 tiles)

What it went wrong:
    1. More than 10 tokens appear
    2. When there is no token in the initial table - the emitted tokens fall to the bottom and nothing happens
    3. If I choose "emit token only after all tiles are destroyed" - no tokens appear. I've used HP 1 tiles. (this is game mechanic variation when there are tiles to be destroyed before token starts to appear)

These are my settings (you see that more than 10 tokens appear/generated after a while):

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  40. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

That is a bug, thanks you for finding it!
    I'll update a fix for that as soon possible.

41. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I submit to asset store the bug-fix version right now, usually it will be available in 3 working days.

42. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

The bug fix is ready in asset store!

vlater likes this.
  43. vlater

vlater

Thank you I'll check it and let you know if it is working.

44. vlater

vlater

Sorry for the late response. The fix is working. There is one minor issue though - the field "Number of tokens to emit" doesn't seem to limit the total number of tokens emitted. However for me this is not a problem. Thanks for the fix

Edit: Seems Destroy all blocks win condition doesn't work. I've tried with your "Destroy all blocks" ruleset and stage file. The game seems to continue endlessly without triggering the win condition after all blocks are destroyed.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  45. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

In my test they work fine, could you post a screenshot of the ruleset configuration that you use? Maybe it is only a specific combination of rules that conflict in some ways.

46. vlater

vlater

This is the initial screen. I'm using your test scene and test stage file.

Game still continues:

Ruleset configuration:

47. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I see. Use Destroy all tiles as win condition instead, because "Blocks" are special obstacle that:
    - occupy a tile
    - don't fall
    - are damaged when an explosion happen on an adjacent tile

That map don't have blocks, so the win condition don't make sense.
    This map have blocks (1,2,3)

48. vlater

vlater

Ok thank you. That makes sense. I'll try it and let you know if there is something else

49. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

One question before buying - in all your examples and screenshots the grid is always centered on the screen. Is it possible to offset the grid to the left side of the screen?

50. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Yes.