Search Unity

Super 3match kit - with: AI, visual editor and modular gameplay editor

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LuxUnity, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Hendrixlt

Hendrixlt

Is there a locked level select system (meaning: you can't unlock level 3 until you win level 2)?

And if not, can any of the menu systems on the asset store work?

2. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Yes. It is compatible with the mobile menu asset (optional)

3. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Little news: player_can_move_when_gem_falling feature progress well.

4. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Super Match 3 Kit 1.5 will have:

- puzzle mode
    - player_can_move_when_gem_falling feature
    - fine control on emitters:

5. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

6. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

7. jigumom1978

jigumom1978

hey Lux. I've just downloaded v.1.5.
    It crashed here in most of scene.
    could you check this one?

function : Random_choose_special_element_to_create()

error message:
    IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    Board_C.Random_choose_special_element_to_create () (at Assets/3match/script/board/Board_C.emitter.cs:91)
    tile_C+<Create_falling_gem>c__Iterator6.MoveNext () (at Assets/3match/script/tile/tile_C.update.cs:639)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Coroutines.cs:17)

8. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Hi,

If you try to update a scene made in a previous version, perhaps it don't notice the new creation_weight_chances_deck array. In order to force the update, open match_controller, and before line 382 add
    if (my_target.bonus_creation_changes_weight == 0)
    my_target.bonus_creation_changes_weight = new int[13];

9. KliveOne

KliveOne

Unity_2016-09-16_20-26-27.png

Hellos , bought this 3match kit and while i do love it , I cannot somehow use the editor, I get this error when attempting to launch it.

Thoughts?

Attached Files:

10. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

What version of unity you are using?

11. KliveOne

KliveOne

5.4.0f3 was the one before i updated to the beta 5.50b3

I only tried the beta to see if it would fix the error so this techincally happend on both versions

12. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Ok, I'll investigate this today.

13. KliveOne

KliveOne

Oks thank you. Ill keep an eye out for this :)

14. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I find and fix the compatibility issue with unity 5.4 ad upload a new version of the asset on asset store, it will be ready in 5-10 working days as usual. I also send you a private message with the new code.

15. sgarriel

sgarriel

Just purchased asset today and having the same issue. Unity Version 5.4.03. Thank you in advance

16. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I send to you the fix too.

17. sgarriel

sgarriel

Also when running the solo_vs_moves... when a match is found I receive an index out of array error. This can be traced back to the Board_C.emitter. If I comment out line 91 (temp = creation_weight) and set temp to -200 the gems are created. If a bonus item appears I cannot click on it. Any ideas?

18. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Yes, there is a little oversight here. Click on the controller prefab in the scene and in Rules > Gem emitters notice that "create a special element each n gems created" is red. Set a value >= 1 or set "Normal" in "gem emitters" right over.

19. KliveOne

KliveOne

Thank you LuxUnity, the fix works now , Had to manually edit some formatting (probably due to copy and paste or pasting of code into a message) but all works and I can now see the board editor , Thanks again

20. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Now the fix is ready in asset store

21. Dan-P

Dan-P

This looks like a really full-featured asset and I am interested to try it, but what I cannot tell from the description is whether it supports line-drawing style matching. That is, can you start with one piece and trace a line to another piece of the same color in any of the 8 surrounding squares and, if you've linked 3+ pieces, releasing collects them all?

22. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Do you mean like this?

No, this asset support only normal 3 match by swap adjacent gems, like in the demo.

23. Dan-P

Dan-P

Yes, something like that or one with a square grid (not hexagon as above) is what I was thinking of.

Thanks for the quick reply I'll keep an eye on your project in the event that you add alternative matching rules!

24. abDev

abDev

Hi, I'm going to ask you a favor: I have edited the scripts due to some personalization, so updating is kinda hard.. Could you please send me some tips (or code lines) to resolve the error?
    Thank you!

25. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Hi,
    Open the new version in an empty project and:
    1- grab the match_editor.cs script and use it to replace the same script in your personalized project.
    2- move the "editor_icons" folder from "3match>Resources" to "3match"

26. abDev

abDev

Done!
    Thank you very much

27. bawenang

bawenang

Hey, I just bought the package and I must say that the package is very much unoptimized. Especially when you just need a certain mode and not the rest. It's so bloated because everything is managed by a single controller super class, Board_c. Even when you just need it for a single simple match 3 game similar to Candy Crush, you still get lots of bloated codes and missing / null unused references from other modes. And also, it lacks any documentation. I've reviewed it and I'm sorry to say that I couldn't give it 5 stars.

So anyway, actually I was thinking that instead of tracing the code, fleshing out and getting rid of the unneeded codes from other modes that I don't use, can you give me a bare / basic solo mode match 3 scripts / project without any bonus, hp, enemy, or tokens? I am in the middle of doing it myself (ie. deleting the unneded codes, game objects, and references) but if you can help me do so, that would be great. It's so pointless and endless doing it.

INB4: Yeah I know, I should've bought the Lite one because I think it's sufficient to do what I need. But I have already bought the full version one so I don't want to buy it all over again.

Thanks in advance.

28. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Hi,

If you send me your email and your Invoice No. in a private message, I can send you the lite version.

29. dmonin

dmonin

Hi! Just bought your asset and get exceptions:

Code (CSharp):
    1. IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    2. Board_C.Random_choose_special_element_to_create () (at Assets/3match/script/board/Board_C.emitter.cs:91)
    3. tile_C+<Create_falling_gem>c__Iterator6.MoveNext () (at Assets/3match/script/tile/tile_C.update.cs:639)
    4. UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Coroutines.cs:17)
    Version Unity 5.4.2f2

Could you help me with that?

30. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Could you tell if you have change something and what is the settings that you have put in the Board_C script inspector? Lite or complete version?

31. dmonin

dmonin

This one: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/20891

No, i dont change anything. I just run a demo scenes. The list of demo scenes with exceptions:
    1. solo_vs_time
    2. target_score
    3. HP_vs_AI
    4. gems_vs_AI

Thank you!

32. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Try to download again the Version: 1.5.2 (Jan 03, 2017), because I don't get any error.

33. dmonin

dmonin

34. dmonin

dmonin

The issue was on my side! Thank you @LuxUnity for quick response and helping!

35. weilieschok

weilieschok

hi there, is this kit able to design mobile friendly level?
    Can this asset like built up N levels instead of single level? like the difficulty progressively increase when player advanced to next level

36. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Yes, it work with touch input too and have a visual editor:

You can create as much scenes you like.
    This is an example made with a previous version of the Super 3match kit.

37. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Super Match 3 Kit 1.6 is ready in asset store with new damage bonus and new advanced charge bonus (now you can charge a bonus with more than a gem color)

38. HiMyNameIs

HiMyNameIs

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but how do I add my own backgrounds and artwork/sprites? Also are you still developing this tool, or are you done?

39. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

In Board_C there is the sub menu "sprites" to open, then click and drag your stuff here.
    Instead for the backgrounds, just select the current one in the scene and change the image.

Yes, I still developing, next update will have different effect when gem explode in battle (like damage yourself or heal you).

40. Meijer_Doue

Meijer_Doue

Hi Lux,

Can you custom tweak the Ai for me, for new sets of win and lose requirements ?

Regards,
    Doue

41. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Hi,
    Tell me what modifies you want.

42. rocket4app

rocket4app

Hello,
    Cool project! However I got an issue. I set win requirement to collect_gems and after collecting gems and finishing game it writes LOSE instead of WIN. Could you help me with that ?

Attached Files:

• sufd.png
      sufd.png
      File size:
      19.2 KB
      Views:
  43. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Hi, Thank
    Hi,
    Thank for your warning, I'll update a fix today (usually it take 3 working days to be updated on the asset store).

44. rocket4app

rocket4app

Hi again, I downloaded 1.61 version of this project but the problem seems to remain. If win condition is set to collect_gems it is not possible to win.

45. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

1- open tile_C.update.cs
    2- find:
    if (board.number_of_gems_collect_by_the_player[board.board_array_master[_x, _y, 1]]
    3- check if the code is like this:
    Code (csharp):
    2.             if (board.number_of_gems_collect_by_the_player[board.board_array_master[_x, _y, 1]]
    3.                 <= board.number_of_gems_to_destroy_to_win[board.board_array_master[_x, _y, 1]])
    4.             {
    5.                 if (!board.player_win)
    6.                 {
    7.                     board.total_number_of_gems_remaining_for_the_player--;
    8.                     board.total_number_of_gems_required_colletted++;
    9.                 }
    10.                 if (board.total_number_of_gems_remaining_for_the_player <= 0
    11.                     && board.win_requirement_selected == Board_C.win_requirement.collect_gems)
    12.                 {
    13.                     board.This_gem_color_is_collected(board.board_array_master[_x, _y, 1]);
    14.                     board.Player_win();
    15.                 }
    16.             }
    17.             else
    18.                 {
    19.                 board.This_gem_color_is_collected(board.board_array_master[_x, _y, 1]);
    20.                 }
    Above all look if there is a "<=" in the if condition and if "board.Player_win();" is in the place show in the copypaste above.

46. rocket4app

rocket4app

Hi,
    Thank you. I pasted this code to script and now everything is fine!

47. rocket4app

rocket4app

Hello!
    I got a problem again, after setting "continue to play after win" to true, I can play until out of moves (or something), but unfortunately it shows LOSE screen instead of Win. Could you take a look at that as well ? :)

48. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Hi!

1- in Board_C.move_analisys.cs find:
    void CheckLose_player_have_zero_moves()
    2- use this code:
    Code (csharp):
    2.     void CheckLose_player_have_zero_moves()
    3.     {
    4.         if (lose_requirement_selected == lose_requirement.player_have_zero_moves)
    5.         {
    6.             if (current_player_moves_left <= 0)
    7.             {
    8.                 player_can_move = false;
    9.                 game_end = true;
    10.             }
    11.         }
    12.     }

49. rocket4app

rocket4app

Hello, Thank you!
    This feature works now. And I found one problem again. After selecting that Bonus is triggered by Inventory, very often (after getting new bonus due to of big explosion) it just stay in game window and do not go to inventory. Or in some cases only first bonus goes to Inventory all other stays at map and just takes place. Could you take a look at that as well ? :) Many thanks! :)

50. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

This is not a bug: you generate the bonus with the big explosion and put it in the inventory when that bonus reach a bottom tile. You must continue to free space under it in order to reach the bottom and get it.