Search Unity

SUIMONO 2.0 - Interactive Water System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by chingwa, Jan 6, 2015.

1. chingwa

chingwa

It's probably due to a physics layer mismatch. You can turn off the "set automatic layers" option and then reset physics layers as needed.

2. BenMontoya

BenMontoya

Hi, for some reason it seems when I have Suimono water in my scene, all LOD objects disappear from my main camera's view.. I've tried to look around and can't seem to find anything about the topic

I'm trying to use it with Gaia 2, and my rocks/ground objects disappear even when the main camera is right next to it. Checked LOD bounds and it's all good, so I'm not too sure what's happening, though I assume it has something to do with the multiple cameras used on the Suimono Module object..

I've tried a separate scene without Gaia with LOD objects and a main camera and I was able to reproduce the issue.
    One thing to note is that these objects do have custom Layers and Tags, if that matters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated; thank you!

Attached Files:

3. chingwa

chingwa

@BenMontoya It's possible there is a layer mismatch when Suimono is first run in the scene. It automatically adds 3 layers to your project and some of these layers are then marked to be invisible to the camera. It's possible the camera is not disabling the correct layer.

I would first check to see if your scene camera is rendering the layers you for expect for your objects. If you find that the camera is disabling the wrong layers then you can turn the "Set Automatic Layers" setting off on the SuimonoModule and setup the expected Suimono layers in your project manually.

These are the layers that Suimono automatically adds...

Suimono_Water - This contains the Suimono water surfaces and is used to render two render passes, one for the water surface itself, and the second for the scene without the water surface for transparency composition. It's important that ONLY SuimonoSurface objects are on this layer.

Suimono_Screen - This is used for special effects generation. Particularly for screen normals reconstruction which is used for the refractive effect on the water ripple effect.

Suimono_Depth - This is used exclusively for Shoreline Object depth generation. It renders shorelineObject meshes which need to be invisible to the main camera, then passes the buffer to the surface for wave shoreline generation effects.

4. SBSJR13

SBSJR13

So I am testing the asset right now, all seems to work great but I have one issue..
    How does the sound get limited, I am not even close to the beach and I still hear waves crashing, besides turning off the above water sounds? This seems like a needed script, as I shouldnt hear waves when I am in the middle of the forest. Anyone done a script on this if it isnt available from the maker?

5. MaximilianPs

MaximilianPs

Just purchased it, and not tested at the moment, but I've scrolled about 30 forum pages, does anybody been able to set a toonish water style? :)

6. Feral0

Feral0

I got the asset from the Lunar bundle so it's no big concern to me, but I'm very curious if it is at all possible (sometimes, in the future) to make this asset work with the other render pipelines, or if this is something that is even on the table. It's obviously a really interesting and useful asset, but being limited to the Standard Rendering System is a big drawback. I do realize that there may very well be technical issues that just makes it impossible

UnityMagoo likes this.
  7. chingwa

chingwa

@Feral0 Thanks. There are not currently plans to extend Suimono to Rendering Pipelines. Even after 3 years it seems there is still too much in-flux with SRPs for me to spend time trying to support them as a feature. Hopefully this changes in the future.

@Crossway Do you mean the Preset system? If you run your scene and adjust settings to where you like them in-game you can click the plus symbol next to the preset to save current settings to that preset.

Crossway likes this.
  8. Crossway

Crossway

Hi I can't use G buffer mode in HBAO I need to use "Camera" but it doesn't work with Suimono water :(

9. Crossway

Crossway

chingwa

Is there any way for me to use HBAO on camera mode and Suimono Water together?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
  10. UnityMagoo

UnityMagoo

Can't I convert the materials over to URP to make this work in URP?

11. jiao_chen

jiao_chen

Hi, Chingwa,

I've got some trouble with the buoyancy.

That is, I made a prefab, some are put in the scene in advance, and some are instantiated by scripts. However, sometimes the buoyancy seems not worked, so the objects sink to the bottom.

Just now, every of them sinked. I copied "SUIMONO_Surface" and "SUIMONO_Module" from the demo scene, and pasted the components' values from my old one, it works (but just part of them).

Now, my problem is, as the video showing, there are some game object at the center of the video, and once I play, they sink... Just ten of them, and I found that they maybe on the edge of something, because just a block of them sinked.

Hope you can help me solve the problem QQQQQ

12. chingwa

chingwa

@jiao_chen Thanks for the video. I think either you need to increase the size of the suimono object, OR possibly on the buoyancy object settings you should set the 'Activation Range' to a very high number (like 5000) just to make sure buoyancy isn't being turned off on these objects. You can also set activation range to '0' which should turn range checks off completely.

@UnityMagoo No I don't think so.

@Crossway I think HBAO is interfering with specific portions of the render buffer? I'm not 100% sure why they don't work well together.

13. Crossway

Crossway

Water shadow doesn't work correctly on the 3440 * 1440 resolution! It disappear around the cam corners. No such a problem with 1920 * 1080 or 3840 * 2160 resolution ...

14. ksam2

ksam2

Performance is really bad for me it reduce FPS from 60 to 30! I tried to reduce options like resolution as low as possible but still bad performance.

I use GTX 1070 TI.

15. DragonCoder

DragonCoder

Use the Unity profiler (including the one for frames) to find out what takes time.
    That said, if you were forced down to 60fps before just by huge amounts of polygons and objects, a drop to half is expected because qualitative water effects pretty much always have to re-render a lot of the main scene.

16. TDP_

TDP_

Any plans for completing the boat wake effect?

EDIT:
    I kind of implemented my own wake effect (definetly didnt steal it) but as soon as I add the same water shader as on the water surface it only shows black. I noticed if I put the material with the same properties onto a cube and give the mesh renderer the same settings it also only shows black. I did change the layer to Suimono_water.

New question: how do I get the shader onto other objects?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
  17. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello ◠‿◠
    I have a question:

is it somehow possible to make a hole in the sea where there is no water? Because I have an island where it goes down and I want there to be no sea, how do I do that? °°

18. chingwa

chingwa

No not really. You can use a custom mesh for the water, but only for small bodies of water, not the ocean system. Best thing to do for an island is to make sure the terrain is all higher than the ocean level.

19. Deleted User

Deleted User

Any idea why the water FX would show in the editor, but in game view the water looks more like flat, reflective glass? Screenshot (654).png Screenshot (655).png