Search Unity

SUIMONO 2.0 - Interactive Water System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by chingwa, Jan 6, 2015.

1. chingwa

chingwa

@Euromancer Wow that is intense! You can possibly turn down the 'hot specular' setting under the 'water surface' tab. It should be very low by default but you can set it to say 0.001 to see if that helps. Or alternatively you can reduce your scenebloom post-processing.

Euromancer likes this.
  2. noeqplease

noeqplease

Hi, I just imported your Suimono water asset. Set it up as per your readme 1 thru 4.
    When I press play, my first person character just falls right through my terrain. What went wrong?
    Just did a Unity terrain tutorial everything was working. Just setting up the Suimono water, got rid of some setting. Thanks for your help.

3. noeqplease

noeqplease

LOLOLOL.
    Somehow my terrain object got set to the Suimono water layer. All sorted out. This looks promising!!!

chingwa likes this.
  4. Lipoly

Lipoly

Does Suimono support rendering in multiple cameras? We normally stack multiple cameras...one for rendering near objects, and the other for far objects.

Also, is the water image effect based? I just tried the demo, and there artifacting outlining the model as she walks around in the water.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  5. chingwa

chingwa

@Lipoly Water System is currently designed mainly for one camera. While you can use multiple cameras, the reflection and transparency effects are rendered from 1 specific camera position. These effects can be limited or turned off but the water rendering is not as impressive without them. The water only uses an image effect for the underwater rendering. Above-water rendering is rendered on a game object in the scene.

6. nbac

nbac

little showcase

7. Vincent454

Vincent454

Wow looks amazing!

8. chingwa

chingwa

That's excellent! :D

9. nbac

nbac

very happy with the water fx :)

chingwa likes this.
  10. Deleted User

Deleted User

hello :)

when is the HDRP version being worked on ? I think it's about time. ^^

would interest me!

forest-source and leslviv like this.
  11. leslviv

leslviv

Any plans on moving this to URP?

I've got this asset from a bundle months ago and just now decided to add some water to my project and realized this works only with built-in pipeline. What a bummer... Any estimates please, or should I look for another asset? Thanks!

P.S. I have a nice collection of assets and this is probably the only one that still wasn't updated to be used with new pipelines... Message above hasn't been answered for almost a month... Very suspicious...

ParadoxSolutions likes this.
  12. chingwa

chingwa

Hi @leslviv I don't have any news about URP or HDRP right now, sorry!

13. arminiuspp

arminiuspp

Hello, is it possible to make suimono look like this? upload_2021-1-24_17-5-38.png

14. DragonCoder

DragonCoder

This water system is really a lovely thing - I managed to tweak it well to work for the 3D part of my game so far :)
    Unfortunately I cannot seem to make it work with 2D sprites (it is a 2.5D style game with 3D environment and 2D character).
    The issue seems to have to do with the ZBuffer which determines how to draw the fog.
    As a result it overdraws my 2D sprite with fog as it can be seen here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fs05avovpu01tqj/2DSpritesAndSuimono.PNG?dl=0

Just activating ZWrite = On in a copy of the shader did not change anything and neither did the usage of the shaders here: http://wiki.unity3d.com/index.php?title=AlphaVertexLitZ
    Both just seems to have no effect on the fog.

Do you happen to know what's going on?
    Is there a reliable way to get a transparent shader that works with the fog correctly?

I'd prefer not to put the 2D stuff on a separate layer and exclude it from the water effects entirely because that also means it cannot be covered by the surface either unfortunately.

Huge thanks in advance! :)

EDIT:
    Very interestingly, if I use the Unity shader "Particles\StandardUnlit" in "cutout" mode, I'm getting something almost perfect:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ofhu0xm58ap4x8/2DSpritesAndSuimono2.PNG?dl=0
    Only issue is a strange, 1 pixel wide, bluegreen "fringe" around the sprite as you can see especially well around the hair.
    Unfortunately that shader goes way beyond my knowledge...

EDIT2: The fringing is bluegreen because of a sort of additive light I have. Without it, it's just white pixels. It's strange what causes that. It seems to be depending on the motion vector as well, because it appears slightly more behind the character in moving forward and vica verse.
    As if something was used from the last frame and thus is at a different location than the actual sprite...

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  15. chingwa

chingwa

@DragonCoder Yes the problem is typical with Particles and other transparent objects since most particle/transparent shaders do not write to the Unity depth buffer. Using "Cutout" type shaders do write to depth so they work with the water depth and fog effects.

The fringing you are seeing is a bit strange, and it's possible this will be alleviated if you increase the "transparency resolution" in the suimono module settings... BUT I think it's more likely happening due to the clip value in your cutout material... raising the value should cut into the art a little more and remove such aliasing effects.

Another option that sometimes will work with particles and transparent shaders is to change the ImageEffect mode in the Suimono Fog function... try opening the Suimono/scripts/Suimono_UnderwaterFog.cs file and uncomment the "[Image Effect Opaque]" command around line 142...

So it reads "[ImageEffectOpaque]" instead of "//[ImageEffectOpaque]"

...then save the script and re-play your scene. In many cases this will allow you to use typical transparent shaders and still get depth and fog effects. Be aware though that this does have the possibility of a) not working for your shader, and/or b) introducing other unanticipated graphical artifacts, which is why I have it disabled by default.

16. DragonCoder

DragonCoder

@chingwa
    Huge thanks for the fast response!
    The fringing does unfortunately not seem to have anything to do with transparent pixels on my sprite. I have made it 100% opaque and yet I get the same pixels.
    The strange thing is that those pixels sort of act like a trail. Like when the sprite moves in one direction, they appear mainly on the edge that's in the opposite direction.

By "transparency resolution" you mean "Advanced Water Settings" -> "Water Transparency" -> "Use Resolution", right?
    then that sadly didn't change anything visually.

Activating ImageEffectOpaque is.. interesting. It does make the fog not cover the sprite, but instead it breaks a bunch of other things like a sprite mask does not seem to work anymore and the post process depth-of-field effect is applied depending on the distance to terrain. Not sure yet, but this might not be the solution sadly.

Do you know why just activating ZWrite in a transparent shader does not seem to have any effect?
    And neither do the scripts here? http://wiki.unity3d.com/index.php?title=AlphaVertexLitZ

17. chingwa

chingwa

I believe ZWrite is ignored by transparent materials in Unity, so it doesn't matter if it is defined in the shader or not. Transparent materials end up being rendered AFTER everything else, so the depth buffer which is rendered before them don't even know they are there... so ZWrite in those shaders is irrelevant for combining with these types of fog effects. Or in other words, the problem that ZWrite is addressing on the shader tutorial page is a different problem then you are trying to solve with the underwater fog combination.

I was afraid the ImageEffect trick would cause problems. I've seen it fix some order issues in people's projects before which is why I mentioned it, but it opens up a lot of possibilities for other problems.. I think your best bet is to stick to the cutout shader so you can get proper depth and then try and fix the fringing pixels.

The more I look the more I'm convinced it's due to the texture itself. You can try to shrink the transparent alpha channel of the texture by a pixel or two so that it hides the white border. Or alternatively you can blend the color area of the texture out a little bit to compensate for the edge pixels. The alpha border is currently positioned exactly where the color information stops, thus giving you a white edge, thus causing weird combination and lighting artifacts against the fog.

18. OccularMalice

OccularMalice

I'm just trying out the system I purchases a few months ago. I have Gaia (which became Gaia 2 now) and it says there's integration between the two but I'm not seeing it in my Gaia extensions. Somewhere in this thread it mentions there's a typo in SuimonoGaia.cs but I don't have that file in my system. I'm using the latest from the asset store (2.1.10). Any suggestions?

19. chingwa

chingwa

@bsimser I removed the SuimonoGaia.cs file earlier this year because it kept giving my customers installation errors due to Gaia changing it's API and balkanizing it's product lineup into Gaia/Gaia2/Gaia Pro etc. I apologize for the frustration this has caused. I had Gaia integration for many years but it's become too much for me to keep up with, and I don't ever want to have any errors appearing due to a non-core issue in Suimono.

So without this file Gaia will not be able to see any integrations unfortunately. Gaia and Suimono are still compatible, meaning you can use them in the same project together without issue, the only thing you are missing is the easy "one button setup" with Suimono from the Gaia side.

I recommend installing Suimono as usual following the instructions in the readme file. While it isn't "one-button", it's still an easy install. Let me know if you have questions or run into any trouble.

Vincent454 and OccularMalice like this.
  20. OccularMalice

OccularMalice

No problem. I'm a little frustrated with some asset authors that spin a single product off into several and turn into multiple editions. It's confusing and breaks things and I can imagine the problems with integrations. I'll set things up as per the instructions and it's all good. Was thinking there might be something broken on my end.

Thanks!

Vincent454 likes this.
  21. chingwa

chingwa

@bsimer I do not have access to Gaia2 unfortunately, so I'm not sure how the setup should be. The module is the main brains of Suimono so I would assume it would refer to that. However I'm not sure what Gaia2 would be requiring under the "third party" setup.

22. OccularMalice

OccularMalice

Okay thanks. Yeah, there's not a ton of documentation on third party water/sky renderers, other than "integrated" ones that use the GX extensions. I'll just muddle through it. Water looks great though! Just have to figure out how to get it working in the scene.

23. Fibonaccov

Fibonaccov

Hi,

I am having an issue with the Advanced Demo Scene (see screenshot) - the Buoyancy scene works fine however - I have not modified anything and I am on Unity 2019.4.20 LTS Built-in renderer / Windows - I have played with settings but could not fix it - any hints? Thanks in advance. @chingwa

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  24. chingwa

chingwa

@Fibonaccov Wow, that looks crazy! I've tested in 2019.4 without any issue so I don't think it's being caused by a Unity version incompatibility. Perhaps it's due to your project build settings. You may be on Windows, but the project looks like it's set to Android. Try switching it over to windows and see if there's an improvement?

25. Fibonaccov

Fibonaccov

Yes, this is with Android - I tried playing with all the settings I could and haven't been able to fix it - the buoyancy scene is working fine however. Any ideas? You should be able to reproduce it.

26. chingwa

chingwa

Then Android is the likely problem. Suimono does not support mobile build targets.

27. Fibonaccov

Fibonaccov

You are giving up fast.

As I mentioned above - buoyancy scene works fine in Android and this is running on my phone - I was hoping you had an idea of what could be different with the advanced scene

28. chingwa

chingwa

Hmm, Well I would recommend turning off the ShorelineObject in the demo scene perhaps (and turning off the shoreline feature on the Suimono Module as well)? That is one aspect that is not running in the buoyancy demo.

Fibonaccov likes this.
  29. Fibonaccov

Fibonaccov

Thank you for trying - much appreciated! disabling the shoreline object did nothing but I could not find how to turn off the shoreline feature in the Suimono module - I checked the doc as well and I cannot see how? The module has no shoreline settings

But another difference between the buoyancy and advanced scene is the rendering path so setting the main camera to deferred fixed the Ocean and improved the shoreline but there is still an issue - I feel we are not that far off to get it working ;) see screenshot. The shoreline is transparent fine but there is another pass which is not (the most outside one of the water) - I tried playing with all the shoreline params but I can't improve it - could it be a depth rendering issue? You might have another idea I could try - I don't use GLES2 - only GLES3 and Vulkan (tested both).

30. chingwa

chingwa

It really seems like a problem with format of the depth buffer, as if Suimono is expecting a certain fidelity, and the system is not providing it. This occurs both in the ShorelineObject to generate land height/position, as well as the SuimonoSurface to render depth of open water.I'm not familiar with Android dephBuffer precision, perhaps there is a graphics/project setting regarding this you can compare between Android settings and Windows setting?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    Fibonaccov likes this.
  31. SuperNewbee

SuperNewbee

Tried the advanced demo in 2019.4.21f1 and 2020.2.6f1. The boat seems to get swamped with every large wave. I remember using this asset a few years ago and the boat would nicely stay on top of the large waves. Is there any settings that need to be changed to make it work? I tried a few settings on the buoyancy script but could not make it more. Any ideas?

32. Faizalski

Faizalski

@chingwa - I love your awesome Suimono asset, the water looks insanely realistic :) I've bought it quite a while back..and only today started to play with it.
    I've noticed one anomaly and just can't wrap my head around its potential root cause. It seems that when I'm in editor play mode the water is moving fluidly. However, when I created a build-out of it..the water waves are choppy and sometimes stand still. Since it's only observable in build, it's hard for me to find out what could be the issue.
    Any idea what might be a problem here? and I only build the advance buoyancy demo that comes with the Suimono asset. Could there be some sort of timer script anywhere that might be causing such an issue? Or any potential scripts segment that you can recommend for me to check and rectify.

Thanks for your time.

33. chingwa

chingwa

Hello All,

I'm happy to announce that Suimono version 2.1.11 is now ready for download here:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/vfx/shaders/suimono-water-system-4387

---------------------------------------------
    RELEASE NOTES - Version 2.1.11
    ----------------------------------------------
    NEW:
    - Suimono is now movable to different project folder positions.
    - Added "Specular Power" setting to control specular bloom amount. Default is 1.0, which is no extra bloom.

CHANGES:
    - "Hot Specular" now works in conjunction with the "Specular Power" setting (See NEW).

BUG FIXES:
    - Fixed errors when moving base Suimono path to different folder.
    - Fixed bug preventing shoreline waves from rendering properly.
    - Surface object layers now respect module "autolayers" setting.
    - Fixed double assignment save warnings.

34. chingwa

chingwa

@Faizalski There were some issues with the shoreline waves not rendering properly, which were just fixed, and this *might* be what you are seeing in the build? You can try downloading the latest update and see if it still occurs. If you are still seeing the same thing, perhaps turn off the shorelineObject in the demo scene and try the build? I have not seen this problem on my end and I generally expect builds to behave exactly like the in-editor version.

35. chingwa

chingwa

@SuperNewbee I tested in both 2019.4 and 2020.2 and I don't see any change in buoyancy behavior here. The shoreline waves have never affected buoyancy for boats, but the large surface waves should still be contributing buoyancy effects as expected. You might try the latest update just in case that has any affect on what you're seeing on your end, or perhaps increase the "buoyancy strength" on the boat buoyancy objects?

36. Faizalski

Faizalski

Thanks for the quick response. Appreciate it a lot. Will give the new version a go to see if the problem is resolved.

37. altepTest

altepTest

Untitled-2.jpg
    Tried today the demo scenes in 2020.3.0f1

The advanced demo doesn't work correctly, it appears there are two oceans one on top of another and the boat sinks following one of the ocean while the other ocean layer is covering the ship on top. hard to see in the screenshot but if you move the camera around is simple to view.

for the buoyancy demo I get an error

Code (CSharp):
    1. DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\RESOURCES'.
    2. System.IO.__Error.WinIOError (System.Int32 errorCode, System.String maybeFullPath) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    3. System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1[TSource].HandleError (System.Int32 hr, System.String path) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    4. System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1[TSource].CommonInit () (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    5. System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1[TSource]..ctor (System.String path, System.String originalUserPath, System.String searchPattern, System.IO.SearchOption searchOption, System.IO.SearchResultHandler`1[TSource] resultHandler, System.Boolean checkHost) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    6. System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.CreateFileNameIterator (System.String path, System.String originalUserPath, System.String searchPattern, System.Boolean includeFiles, System.Boolean includeDirs, System.IO.SearchOption searchOption, System.Boolean checkHost) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    7. System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames (System.String path, System.String userPathOriginal, System.String searchPattern, System.Boolean includeFiles, System.Boolean includeDirs, System.IO.SearchOption searchOption, System.Boolean checkHost) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    8. System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFiles (System.String path, System.String searchPattern, System.IO.SearchOption searchOption) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    9. System.IO.Directory.GetFiles (System.String path, System.String searchPattern) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    10. System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles (System.String searchPattern) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    11. Suimono.Core.SuimonoObject.PresetInit () (at Assets/SUIMONO - WATER SYSTEM 2/SCRIPTS/SuimonoObject.cs:1183)
    12. Suimono.Core.SuimonoObject.ReloadData () (at Assets/SUIMONO - WATER SYSTEM 2/SCRIPTS/SuimonoObject.cs:495)
    13. Suimono.Core.SuimonoObject.Start () (at Assets/SUIMONO - WATER SYSTEM 2/SCRIPTS/SuimonoObject.cs:441)
    this is in a new project with only this asset imported from the marketplace, version 2.1.11

both demos the control don't work correctly the mouse sensitivity is too low by default. not sure if this is how it needs to be

38. chingwa

chingwa

@dorusoftware The demo movement speed issue seems to have been introduced in Unity 2020.3... I'm not sure the cause, or why mouse sensitivity would be different in the latest version. I will look into it.

Object buoyancy is not currently affected by shoreline waves, which might be what you are seeing. You can turn the shorelineObject off if it becomes bothersome.

The error you listed is new to me(!), and I'm looking into the cause. It seems prefab related, though I am unsure of exactly the source of the problem. In the meantime what I recommend is to reset your prefabs for Unity 2020.3 by doing the following....

1. open the advanced demo scene.
    2. drag the Suimono_Module object from the scene into the prefabs folder to make a new prefab. rename it Suimono_Module_2020 or some such name to differentiate it from the existing prefab.
    3. drag the Suimono_Surface_Ocean object from the scene into the prefabs folder to make a new prefab. rename it Suimono_Surface_2020 or some such name to differentiate it from the existing prefab.
    4. Use these new "2020" prefabs in your scenes instead of the originals.

This should then mitigate the directory error when using Suimono in your own scenes/project.

39. altepTest

altepTest

Annotation 2021-03-30 204308.png ok, first don't worry I was testing for maybe future implementation, so is not something urgent for me

unfortunately your solution didn't work as both the original prefabs and those manually created from the buoyancy demo scene throw this error.

now it works anyway but the real problems appear when trying to use presets from the surface prefab. the editor UI breaks and we get a lots of errors

now if we look at the advanced scene the presets work but if I want to do what you said above and drag the surface game object to create a prefab then we get the same result.

so who knows what unity changed to break all this.

also do you know of any tutorial or similar that can show me how to add those buoyancy objects to an existing ship to have it float like a real ship because I've didn't managed to get the settings right, it jumps like crazy or doesn't move with the waves at all. I suspect the ship model needs to be prepared in some way or maybe use a base mesh for buoyancy and place the real ship model under this simplified boat model.

40. aganm

aganm

In 2020.3, I'm getting this error
    Code (CSharp):
    1. DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'E:\RESOURCES'.
    2. System.IO.__Error.WinIOError (System.Int32 errorCode, System.String maybeFullPath) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    3. System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1[TSource].HandleError (System.Int32 hr, System.String path) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    4. System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1[TSource].CommonInit () (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    5. System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1[TSource]..ctor (System.String path, System.String originalUserPath, System.String searchPattern, System.IO.SearchOption searchOption, System.IO.SearchResultHandler`1[TSource] resultHandler, System.Boolean checkHost) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    6. System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.CreateFileNameIterator (System.String path, System.String originalUserPath, System.String searchPattern, System.Boolean includeFiles, System.Boolean includeDirs, System.IO.SearchOption searchOption, System.Boolean checkHost) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    7. System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames (System.String path, System.String userPathOriginal, System.String searchPattern, System.Boolean includeFiles, System.Boolean includeDirs, System.IO.SearchOption searchOption, System.Boolean checkHost) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    8. System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFiles (System.String path, System.String searchPattern, System.IO.SearchOption searchOption) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    9. System.IO.Directory.GetFiles (System.String path, System.String searchPattern) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    10. System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles (System.String searchPattern) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    11. Suimono.Core.SuimonoObject.PresetInit () (at Assets/SUIMONO - WATER SYSTEM 2/SCRIPTS/SuimonoObject.cs:1183)
    12. Suimono.Core.SuimonoObject.ReloadData () (at Assets/SUIMONO - WATER SYSTEM 2/SCRIPTS/SuimonoObject.cs:495)
    13. Suimono.Core.SuimonoObject.Start () (at Assets/SUIMONO - WATER SYSTEM 2/SCRIPTS/SuimonoObject.cs:441)

41. aganm

aganm

And whatever try I can't get the buoyancy working in my scene. I copy the buoyancy demo exactly inside of my scene and it still falls under the water. Although I still have the previous error so maybe it's the cause of it.

42. aganm

aganm

Also, the character falls through the floor in the demo scene. If I put a new terrain, the collision works. Something is wrong with the demo terrain, I can't find what.

43. chingwa

chingwa

@aganm It's definitely possible the above error is causing the other issues you are seeing. The error is due to changes made to the last version with the preset loading system. It was done to make positioning in the project more flexible but it looks like I might have to revert back to the previous system.

44. RoyS

RoyS

Using Unity 2019.4.23f1 using latest Suimono. Installed per instructions. Issue is with presets. Can't select + or - on the presets.

I tried putting a copy of the Suimono resources in the C:\RESOURCES\... as per the error message. So I have the Suimono Resources in two areas - C:\RESOURCES\ and the default install location. Can't select + or - on the presets.

Code (CSharp):
    1. DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\RESOURCES\SUIMONO_PRESETS_S\Built-In Presets\SUIMONO_PRESET_Blue Ocean with Waves.txt".
    2. System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize,
    3. System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    4. System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path,
    5. System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access,
    6. System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.IO.FileOptions options, System.String msgPath, System.Boolean bFromProxy, System.Boolean useLongPath, System.Boolean checkHost) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    7. (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check)
    8. System.IO.FileStream..ctor(string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare,int,System.IO.FileOptions,string,bool,bool,bool)
    9. System.IO.StreamReader..ctor (System.String path, System.Text.Encoding encoding, System.Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, System.Int32 bufferSize,
    10. System.Boolean checkHost) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    11. System.IO.StreamReader..ctor (System.String path, System.Text.Encoding encoding,
    12. System.Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, System.Int32 bufferSize) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)
    13. (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check)
    14. System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(string)
    15. Suimono.Core.SuimonoObject.PresetLoad (System.Int32 ppos)
    16. (at Assets/SUIMONO - WATER SYSTEM 2/SCRIPTS/SuimonoObject.cs:1440)
    17. Suimono.Core.SuimonoObject.LateUpdate ()
    18. (at Assets/SUIMONO - WATER SYSTEM 2/SCRIPTS/SuimonoObject.cs:580)

45. chingwa

chingwa

@RoyS if you’re seeing this resources bug then you’ll either need to install the previous version of Suimono or wait for the next update to hit the store for the fix (should be available soon).

This is a problem caused by changes to the preset system that were meant to add better project flexibility in where Suimono. An be moved to, however in some cases it is causing this error for some people. Sorry for the frustration!

if you’d like a link for the last version without this bug then send me an email at konnichiwa (at) tanukidigital.com. Otherwise the new update should be available sometime this week.

RoyS likes this.
  46. chingwa

chingwa

@RoyS Suimono version 2.1.12 is now available on the store. This has a regression that should fix the error you're seeing. I recommend deleting Suimono from your project completely before installing this new version.

RoyS and Rotary-Heart like this.
  47. Victoralm

Victoralm

Hi!!
    I'm using Unity 2019.4.27, SRP, and SUIMONO 2.1.12, and I'm getting some problems...
    The SUIMONO looks to make the entire terrain material transparent (disabling SUIMONO_Module and SUIMONO_Surface, before entering the play mode, makes the terrain textures visible again), and I'm getting the RESOURCES' directory error...
    SUIMONO_Problem.png
    Error with the 'RESOURCES' directory:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\RESOURCES'.
    11. Suimono.Core.SuimonoObject.PresetInit () (at Assets/SUIMONO - WATER SYSTEM 2/SCRIPTS/SuimonoObject.cs:1169)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  48. chingwa

chingwa

@Victoralm For the Resources error, please try the hotfix patch below...

http://www.tanukidigital.com/suimono/misc_files/suimono_watersystem_v2.1.12_bugfix1.zip

Import this patch directly on top of your current suimono install, and then save and restart Unity. Let me know if it helps!

As for the terrain transparency bug, I'm not 100% sure what would cause this. It could be a Game layers issue, or a camera post-process issue perhaps. You can try disabling the "set automatic layers" setting in the Suimono Module, as well as turning off the "set automatic fx" setting and removing any suimono post-process from your camera in case that is somehow contributing.

49. chingwa

chingwa

Hello All,

I'm happy to announce that Suimono version 2.1.13 is now ready for download.

Available on the Asset Store
    and on TanukiDigital.com

-----------------------------------------
    RELEASE NOTES - Version 2.1.13
    -----------------------------------------
    BUG FIXES:
    Fixed Preset Error causing "Resources" bug in Console.

Shodan0101 likes this.
  50. aganm

aganm