Search Unity

Suggestions on how to track users in a kids app

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Jakob, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Jakob

Jakob

Hi,

We have been through the hassle and releasing a kids app on the appstore and due to all the changes in their terms they no longer wants us to use any third party plugins for tracking not even Unity analytics.

We have solved all that by modifying files in xcode and stopping Unity analytics to send and data. And we are using UnityIAP. So all is working and the app has passed Apples reviews and is now live on the appstore.

But due to the large numbers of users we have we would like to be able to track what types of activities the user are doing in game such as:

watching a video,
    listening to a song,
    playing a game activity,

We don't care about anything else we don't care about age or gender or any IDFA.

Have anybody solved this in a good way? Is there a service or something else to use that will be approved by Apple?

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

If they don't allow Analytics, I doubt you will be able to bypass this policy.

Jakob likes this.
  3. Jakob

Jakob

Thanks for the answer Jeff @JeffDUnity3D .I was just hoping someone had a clever way of bypassing this :) To bad we cant use the Analytics because I already had it setup and then I had to disable it.

Feels like everytime one gets around to release a app Apple changed something and you have to relearn.