Search Unity

Suggestions for configuring inputs for XBLA/PSN/PC/Mac

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Redz0ne, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Redz0ne

Redz0ne

So, I'm not going to lie, I'm not the most experienced with the inputs manager. I'm getting there with the help of the manual and a lot of googling... But this is a rather specific question that I'd like to know about.

Here's the (hopeful) scenario: I want to make a twin-stick shmup game BUUT... I want to give it PC/Mac support with the second stick being the mouse instead... BUUT... I also want to give it game-pad support for the main consoles and PC/Mac (MotionInJoy is already installed and configured so I can test.)

Also... Say for the console ports, what if I want it to be multiplayer offline? (as in, up to four players sitting on the couch.) I gather how I would go about setting that all up but the main focus is.

... When making the game can I put into the input manager an eventuality for all of these possible scenarios? Would it even be able to handle that?

I am aware that it'd likely be more sensible to make a port for each system when I get to that point... But hey, I thought I may as well ask if this is do-able (whether it's wise or not is another discussion entirely. :D)