Search Unity

Suggestions for banner ads

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Zaine7673, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Zaine7673

Zaine7673

Hi,

I'm using unity video ads and they seem to work fine but i also want to use some banner ads on my game.

Preferably i would have liked to use unity's banner ads but i cant seem to figure out how to get it working. the guide is just ... well it just doesn't work. Tried using Applovin and thats giving me errors too although it worked for me before i moved to the new version of unity. Admob wont let me create ac account. Facebook audience network doesnt seem to have detailed guides either (for unity at least) so i couldnt really get that working.

I just dont want to waste so much time on trying to resolve these errors so im requesting for some suggestion for other alternatives that are quicker and easier to get up and running.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

3. Zaine7673

Zaine7673

@JeffDUnity3D that is actually my first choice but whenever i try to use unity banner ads - at the line Advertisement.Banner.show(bannerPlacement); - I'm told

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Did you import the Ads 3.0 SDK? What version of Unity are you using? Are you getting this error in the Editor? Please show your full code.

5. Zaine7673

Zaine7673

I'm not sure to be honest. I don't remember importing anything. I thought I'd give that a go but I've come across this

https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/unity-ads-android

which is titled Unity Ads SDK 2.0 for Android but the content reads Unity Ads 3 Android Release Repository.

then there is this

https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-monetization-sdk-3-0-released.571444/

but that has an entirely different name, Unity Monetization SDK 3.0

which is the right one? and whats the difference?

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

7. Zaine7673

Zaine7673

Hi Sorry,

this is driving me insane. its just one error after another with this unity!

I've imported Monetization 3.0 and keep getting the error

I've tried everything i could find in the forums and online but everything always leads to another error or the ad just not working at all.

I don't understand why its all so complicated. I just want to put a banner ad.

Any advice? Anyone?

ibmaciel_unity likes this.
  8. aquilis007

aquilis007

Resolved my problem opening the package manager and removing the advertised package, leaving only Unity Monetization installed