Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Suggestions and bug.

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by VladimirTa, Aug 16, 2016.

1. VladimirTa

VladimirTa

Hello.

I have a few suggestions.

1) It would be very handy to be able to manually add folders from the "Assets" parent folder where the "ProjectSettings" folder is located.
    This is because some plugins adds their folders with settings and other things there, and also we add our folder there that contain various stuff for publishing like icons descriptions E.T.C.

2) Revert individual files to certain commit by right clicking on them.
    Generally we only need to revert to individual files rather the the entire commit.
    Right now to do so I have to download them from the Collaborate Assets tab in the site.

3) And of course being able to commit individual assets and ignore entire folders or individual assets is very needed, but I see that you are already working on that. :)

The integration with Cloud Build works perfectly.
    We work on Windows, and with Cloud Build we don't have to turn on Mac every time to just build and test on iPhone.

I also found one bug.
    (Case 823458)
    After closing Unity with "Collab History" tab open, "Inspector Tab" and other tabs that were in the same part as "Collab History" stops responding.
    To make them work again you have to close and open or maximize / minimize them.

Regards.

quixotic and holliebuckets like this.
  2. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Thank you so incredibly much for the bug report Vlad! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!
    The bug is currently a known issue and in the hands of the dev team. You have detailed the workaround perfectly. I've also responded to your bug report. :)

I'll ping @quixotic with your suggestions and feature requests :D

VladimirTa likes this.
  3. VladimirTa

VladimirTa

Great, thanks! :)

holliebuckets likes this.