Search Unity

Feedback Suggestions, Alterations, Game Advice, Escape Room Style

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by brian1gramm1, Mar 19, 2019.

1. brian1gramm1

brian1gramm1

Sup all proud game developers. I'm working on a birthday gift for my wife who loves Nancy Drew games. I've spent the last three months building the scripts and setting up the basic game play and thought I'd see if anyone has other suggestions to help me improve some concepts. Here is the story and setup:

-First Person perspective.
    -Uses raycasting to detect interactable items.
    -No inventory, uses left and right hands to hold items (flashlight, tool, key, etc).
    -UI Map that allows fast travel to other villages once discovered.
    -Note book for storing discovered notes (not implemented yet, suggestions welcome)

Main Quest: Find some fuel.
    Your in Wyoming near Lonesome Lake driving your cycle on a main road. You run out of gas and your phone has no service. You notice a fenced gate ahead. You are suggested (GUI hints) to investigate to see if anyone can help.

Plot: Indian attacks due to theft
    The settlers in Lonesome Lake violated the Treaty of Fort Laramie by settling in the area. Several leaders stole special artifacts thought to give the holder extra powers. The Blackfoot Indians made several attempts to retrieve the artifacts over decades but the settlers managed to dig deeper into the mountain's valleys. A final attack removed all the remaining settlers, yet the artifacts were never found.

Sub Quest: Find the artifacts and return to the Indians
    The map has several old west style villages (two to five buildings) that the player must explore to find tools and keys to unlock other resources to find the fuel. On the course of this quest, notes about the main plot will suggesting finding these artifacts will help collect resources faster. e.g. the Bear artifact will help the player move heavy objects vs finding tools to move them.

Tools: Hammer, shovel, crowbar, nails, Rope, Screwdriver, bolts, saw, Chainsaw, Wrenches, flashlight, lighter,

I've finished designing all the furniture where I'll hide keys and notes. I'm currently implementing the tools and how they will be used. A.K.A Saw will allow downed trees to be cut up to open new paths. Rope is used to reach higher places. Crowbar for removing wood from windows/doors.

In the Nancy Drew games. Nancy is a detective solving puzzles and collecting evidence to solve the mystery. I've planned out similar tasks via notes. I just want to see if I'm missing some important game play that you'all might be accustomed to.

I'll upload some pics of my progress so you can get a better look. Thanks all for being a part of my wife's birthday gift.

2. brian1gramm1

brian1gramm1

Images

Attached Files: