Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion - Reinstall Current Version

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by soft_sound, Nov 2, 2018.

1. soft_sound

soft_sound

It's just a small suggestion, now sure if it has been listed before but the ability to reinstall a current version of unity would helpful.

I accidentally installed android stuff into the wrong version of Unity (I work with a variety of unity versions based on client requirements) and I've screwed up that version of Unity as it errors out about using the wrong version and affects how the game plays so I figured I could just reinstall that version (crosses fingers).

Having the option to do so in the Hub would make my life easier, especially as I switch back and forth between copies of 2017 and 2018 which have different android requirements I believe.

Anyway I like Unity Hub and look forward to it's progress.

As a side note... Why is Unity Hub and Reinstall not currently a tag ? (Yes, I seperated them with a comma) I would tag this post with them if I could but they have not been created and error out. Perhaps letting the user know they aren't available after writing them could at least help with UI a little. Adding a suggest this tag button would also be helpful.