Search Unity

Feedback Suggestion Play Mode in Editor

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by StarGamingNetwork, Feb 28, 2021.

1. StarGamingNetwork

StarGamingNetwork

It would be nice in the editor if for playing you had a drop down near the play button to tell it what scene to start playing. When you have objects that are needed by all scenes created in the first scene as don't destroy on load it is a pain to have to load the first scene manually every time to test. Before I found load recent scenes it wasn't even tolerable.

This is particularly painful with UWP apps for the Xbox as you need to always start with the Xbox Live sign in. But it would be also useful for other reasons that do similar things.

Would also be nice if the default value was current scene so it would work normally by default.

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Google up how to start Unity in any scene. There's some handy editor scripts out there that can already do this.

3. StarGamingNetwork

StarGamingNetwork

For anyone else looking, this one seems to work. http://wiki.unity3d.com/index.php/SceneAutoLoader Still kinda annoying to have to remember copy to it every project. Guess it's time for me to learn about templates. Couldn't hurt as I have other uses for them anyway.