Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Suggestion/Idea main topic

Discussion in 'Unity Remote Config' started by dohaiha930, Nov 18, 2019.

1. dohaiha930

dohaiha930

Hi, when use Remote Config, we may have some Idea/Suggestion want to share, but it may too short to create a topic, so i decide to create this topic, we can just comment any ideas, suggestions. Then Unity Developers will come and read easier.
    I have some suggestions right here:

1. Remote Config Editor:
    - String value: 1 line string is hard to edit. When i need to edit multiple line like JSON text, i need to copy/past to notepad, then paste back. It's slow!
    - Add push with commit message like GIT, we can quickly find out what we do last time easily. It's Sync Message remain on Remote Setting.
    - Add button to access Remote Config Dashboard: For easy 1 click access dash board without open my Chrome Bookmark, lol.

2. Remote Config Dashboard:
    - Suggest Attribute when create Rule/Conditions, like a drop and select or bunch of buttons for easy create rule.
    - DiffChecker: It's useful to check different between every modify/push success of you.

2. Gundio

Gundio

6/12:
    - Add notification when i PUSH without Pull before. For now, when i try to PUSH without PULL first, it's do nothing, not even have a message

3. Jumeuan

Jumeuan

Bugs:
    - When i try to switch Environments on DashBoard, it's not refresh Configs.

bug-remote-setting.PNG

dohaiha930 likes this.
  4. rambod

rambod

Unity Technologies

Love the idea, thank you for opening this!

• The string field is something that we've been thinking about for a while. Any thoughts on what you'd like to see there?
    • The commit message is a good one, I'll flag that with the team.
    • We got the dashboard button in :) have you gotten a chance to give it a try?

5. rambod

rambod

Unity Technologies

Can you elaborate? Would you like a warning to tell you to pull before pushing? Or is this on the first time?

6. rambod

rambod

Unity Technologies

I'll flag this with the team and get back to you, thanks for catching it!

7. YJack

YJack

Beside Structs, is not possible to allow ScriptableObjects be used by ConfigManager.FetchConfigs?

8. rambod

rambod

Unity Technologies

Do you mean using a ScriptableObject for user/app attributes? It should be possible with packages v1.1.0-preview and above

YJack likes this.