Search Unity

Suggestion: Highlighting in the Animation window

Discussion in 'Animation' started by stephenhuang1, Dec 12, 2019.

1. stephenhuang1

stephenhuang1

For large, complicated rigs in 2d, the animations can get pretty messy.

1. Showing the GameObject Selection in Animation:
    Currently, if you click in the animation window, it will highlight that game object in the Hierarchy. However, clicking an object in the Hierarchy does not highlight what's selected in the animation window!!! This makes it incredibly difficult to find things.
    upload_2019-12-12_16-5-21.png

upload_2019-12-12_16-5-14.png

2. Highlighting the selected row in animator:
    I don't know about you, but it's awfully hard to figure out which keys are aligned with what i've selected. It'd be so nice to have some sort of highlighting to show which row of keys i've selected
    upload_2019-12-12_16-7-45.png

Thoughts?

Attached Files:

latrodektus likes this.
  2. unity_Pyqmruuj14_92Q

unity_Pyqmruuj14_92Q

I share this thing, any solutions are available ?

3. latrodektus

latrodektus

I agree, this would be very good

4. Milenica

Milenica

Damn, animation in Unity is such a nightmare because of the lack of something so simple as highlighting the object and keyframes. How is it possible that no one never thought of that...Anyway, it's 2023 and the interface still didn't improve for the animators :(...Has anyone found any solution for this?

5. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

If you're going to necro a thread then please consider that this is the 2D forum, not the Animation forum. I'll move this thread there.

If you have constructive feedback for Animation then please consider posting on that forum. That way, it's more likely that the Animation team will see it.

Thanks.