Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Change the Unity beta icon

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by Hyp-X, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Hyp-X

Hyp-X

It looks like we are in for a long haul for testing 5.4 beta while using 5.3 for daily production.
    This means that many people will have both installed and using both on daily basis.

It would be nice if the editor icon would be different for the Beta version and the stable version, so I can tell which to launch from the taskbar or which one is currently running. (Or which is which in case I'm running both)
    Putting a β sign on the icon would suffice.

Ghosthowl, alexzzzz, mh114 and 3 others like this.
  2. razielanarki

razielanarki

or a slight discoloration (like yellowish + black instead of back-white)

Chaz32621 likes this.
  3. Dynamoid-Megan

Dynamoid-Megan

I usually change the icon of the application to a custom one, just google image search for Unity Icons and grab one and color shift it or add some text! I do that to keep track of what version it is.

Chaz32621 and tkoknordic like this.
  4. Mark_29

Mark_29

Yeah I do this myself. On windows just click on the icon as a shortcut, choose properties, change icon, browse for icon

Here is the one I use

Attached Files:

5. Dynamoid-Megan

Dynamoid-Megan

Nice! I should probably add that on Mac, on the application in the Unity folder you right-click -> Get Info and then drag the icon onto the existing icon!