Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Asset Store should be able to show Full HD screenshots

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Artaani, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Artaani

Artaani

Fera_KM likes this.
  2. I can upload 1920x1080 screenshots here

3. Artaani

Artaani

Of course. But it would be much more convenient if people will be able to see full HD screenshots right on the Asset Store page.

By the way, another suggestion, it will be good to add a button which will direct right to thread on the forum.

4. You can add your own forum link

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  5. Artaani

Artaani

Yes. But various people place this link in various places. Some of them, do not add link at all.
    If link will always looks the same and always will be located in the same place on the page, it will be much more convenient.

TeagansDad and theANMATOR2b like this.
  6. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Thats true - and would be a nice thing to force developers to have forum threads where feedback can be provided openly.

Artaani and Fera_KM like this.
  7. Mauri

Mauri

Reviewing an Asset is sort of providing feedback, isn't it? Why should devs be forced to create threads about their Assets, then?

8. Fera_KM

Fera_KM

This feedback has nagged me so much that I gave it all my votes.

The most frustrating experience is finding screenshots of interface for X plugin where the text is so small you can't read it.

Artaani likes this.
  9. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Yes but not entirely - having a forum thread for an asset provides a two way conversation where feedback can be provided and simple help can be offered by the asset developer and other users of the asset pack. It's a great support channel (imo) all asset providers should use. How many help tickets/requests would not be generated if all asset creators had a forum thread for their assets? A lot.

Regarding reviews - How would an asset provider like it if all the 'newer' asset users who are also freshly new to game development provided an asset review? I'm willing to guess they would not like all those 1-3 star reviews applied to there asset, when the review is a simple - click this button - when it is obvious the user is green on game development or Unity in general, or not 'up to speed' on using the asset properly.

I can name at least 2 good reasons - the first one is legitimacy. By providing a public feedback thread this shows developers the asset creator is confident in there asset, is open and upfront with the support they provide, and want to share all user experiences with the community.
    Two - this allows developers to learn from others mistakes openly - without bothering the asset provider via email, bug tracking, PM etc about a small issue with the asset - which isn't a bug, but may be just a small unique way to set up the product.

A forum thread is an open support solution that developers and asset providers benefit from. Just look at the top selling assets in the asset store. They all have either support threads here - or have their own forums dedicated entirely to those assets.

Artaani and Fera_KM like this.
  10. Fera_KM

Fera_KM

Forum threads for assets might not be so useful for sound or art assets but for Editor Extensions and Scripting or Services, I've found that other users often have just as useful input as the creator, and are often willing to help out other developers having problems with the asset.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  11. Artaani

Artaani

Of course, forum thread is not necessary for graphical or audio assets. Mostly only for scripting.
    It is not necessary to force everyone to have forum thread. But would be good if developers who have an asset in " scripting" category will have a notification about "People will be glad if you will create a forum thread and place the link in this input field"
    So on the store page, there will be a button which may have one of two states:

1. Forum thread
    or
    2. Forum thread is not available, support only via email: *email*

Fera_KM likes this.
  12. Most publishers have a support email, although Sometimes it May be hard to find.