Search Unity

[Suggestion] Animation dropdown showing only animations referenced in Animator issue

Discussion in 'Animation' started by LaneFox, Oct 25, 2016.

1. LaneFox

LaneFox

Currently the Animation Window's dropdown of selectable Animations will only show Animations that the Animator has a reference to inside it.

This is irritating if you're using a base level Animator with a lot of Override Controllers because the animations the Override is using will never be referenced in the Base Animator Controller and hence never show up in the Animation dropdown.

It would be nice if there were some other less [silly] way to get around this than dragging all the animations into the Animator and not linking them to anything. Unfortunately none of my suggestions are very 'quickfix', but would involve overhauling the Animator to better be able to organize relationships and user friendliness.

Anyway, just wanted to throw it out there. I wasted a lot of time being seriously confused about why my new animations were never showing up in the dropdown.

2. Mecanim-Dev

Mecanim-Dev

In 5.5 you can simply select any animation clip from your project view to edit it the animation windows, you don't need anymore to select a GO with an animator.

But I agree we should show the override clip in the animation windows when we detect that an override controller is set