Search Unity

SUGAR Game jam: Add multiplayer mechanics to your games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PlayGenDev, Dec 13, 2018.

1. PlayGenDev

PlayGenDev

The SUGAR Game Jam only has 10 Days left.

The brief is simple, just add SUGAR to any new or existing game and submit it to the game jam over at itch.io. We have created a wealth of documentation, quick start guides and tutorials to help you get started, we even have a Unity Asset that makes integration easy.

SUGAR is our new unity asset that makes it easy to a multiplayer layer on top of games, including achievements, clans leaderboards and much more to take your games to the next level!

Find out more here: http://bit.ly/2EjG0Ec

In need of a little extra inspiration? Check out some of the submissions we have received already and see how they have used it.

2. Murgilod

Murgilod

Do you keep making new accounts to try and promote this awful jam or something?

Joe-Censored likes this.
  3. To me it looks like an advertisement, but it's maybe just me. Probably the lack of legal documentation or something. Did Unity and GitHub really support this game jam? I'm wondering.

4. Murgilod

Murgilod

Imagine running a game jam for something since August and only getting three submissions

5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

10 days is a pretty short amount of time to learn your API and build a multiplayer game around it. I'd stop trying to bring in new contestants at this point.

Lack of spelled out rules is a concern for me. The short rules as written are ambiguous at best. Why can't there be any copyrighted material in the game? Are they going to claim ownership over all submissions, or did they just mean don't use any copyrighted material without a license to it? Doesn't say. It is actually not possible to include no copyrighted material, because anything you create is automatically your copyrighted material.

It would be nice if they actually spelled out what they meant by those rules, but as I already said it is a bit too late to get started on a contest like this IMO.