Search Unity

Suddenly my SceneVariables doesn't work. This is driving me insane.

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by Creiz, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Creiz

Creiz

So after YEARS of working on this game, up until today, everything went fine.

Suddenly? For no reason at all, really, I haven't touched anything regarding Visual Scripting for a couple weeks, now, my VisualScripting,SceneVariables decided to croak.

I enter Play Mode and it creates a new empty one, while having my correct one right there in the scene.

I don't know what to do. There's always a random problem like that popping out once in a while. Always.

I tried duplicating the scene, tried erasing the old SceneVariables and creating a new one, I even manually redid the 200+ variables I already set up. Put a name, click the plus button, click on type, wait for 30 seconds for the finder to fill, do it again, one by one.

To the one guy laughing at me for using Visual Scripting instead of good ol' C# scripts? Cheers, mate. You were right. But I still need to fix this thing.

Help. PLEASE.

2. Creiz

Creiz

Alright. You see it's like when you're hurting so much you need to go see a doctor but when you get to the hospital, suddenly you're fine?

Aye.

Turns out adding a Singleton to the scene eff up Visual Scripting. I don't know why.

I just made a "GameManager" Singleton, didn't even fill it with anything, yet. Added it to a game object and SceneVariables started going bonkeys.

I put the SceneVariables under said Singleton's GameObject. It works.

For now.

3. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

I chalk it up to FullSerializer which Bolt/UVS is still based on. The longer you work on a project, the more things go wrong and nothing reproduces in a fresh project.

Creiz likes this.