Search Unity

Sudden performance problem has cropped up for me.

Discussion in 'Animation' started by cephalo2, Feb 10, 2019.

1. cephalo2

cephalo2

So I have two scenes, a main menu scene and a gameplay scene. My main menu scene takes about 5ms to complete a frame, but my gameplay scene, even when it is played in the editor with few active game objects is sometimes taking 50 to 100ms. I have made a few minor updates to my game, but it didn't used to have this problem. One of my customers noticed that running the game used about 10% cpu previously, but is now using about 60% of cpu resources.

Profiling is showing that even on a mostly empty screen with most objects disabled, updating the animators is taking an extraordinary amount of time. The offending process seems to be waitForJobGroupID, which after googling, seems like the animator is being held up by something else. What could it be waiting for, and does this profiler screen mean anything to you...
    PerfProblem.png
    Notice how the screen has a few UI elements and nothing else visible. Without info from the main menu, nothing really happens in this scene, but I'm still getting this performance problem.

2. cephalo2

cephalo2

I realized that I'm instantiating many more gameobjects than I need, due to a bug in my project.