Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Sudden Blank Animator

Discussion in 'Animation' started by KingHuehue, Oct 1, 2017.

1. KingHuehue

KingHuehue

Out of the blue my Animator window became blank, if I revert changes to about 2 days ago, everything comes back, however, the curious thing is that the animator window was completely normal today, then, we added a new spritesheet to our project and out of the blue it became,...currupted? any ideas?
    (btw, after that, a bunch of errors appeared in the console, however, I do not understand them)

2. MarrMann

MarrMann

Hey, if this is still a problem for you I've figured out a solution.
    1. Go to Edit -> Project Settings -> Editor, then under Serialization switch it to "Forced Text" if it isn't already.
    2. Then, find the animation controller you think is causing the issue. If you have a lot and you don't know which one, well... Tough luck, you're gonna have to search them all or forget about the problem :)
    3. Open the animation controller in a text editor and search for "AnimatorStateMachine". Under that section there should be at least two places where it says "-serializedVersion: [number[" and then "m_state: {fileID: [number]}". See if you can find two fileID's with the same number here.
    4.When you've found two duplicates, delete everything from "-serializedVersion: [number]" to "m_Position: {x: [number], y: [number], z: [number]}" in one of the duplicates.
    5. Go back into Unity and see if you can open an animator again. Perhaps close it and re-open it. If the problem persists, you may have more than one corrupt animator file and you'll have to repeat the process for those.

Hope this helped :)

3. Ne0mega

Ne0mega

I have had this happen a couple of times as well.
    The first time, I just panned around the window, until I found the node tree.

The same kind of thing happens often in Blender's Material Node editor. However, they have it so you can hit the "home" key on the keyboard to re-center the node tree.

No such thing in Unity... ...and as it stand, this time it happened.. ..I zoomed and panned all over the place.. it is lost for good. There is no way I can find it. (but it is there.. somewhere).

However, luckily, my solution is a little easier than Hangover's....

...close the animator tab. Then re-open it.

:p

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018