Search Unity

Successful Unity aab build not compliant with the Google Play 64-bit requirement.

Discussion in 'Android' started by Nikolasio, Aug 16, 2019.

1. DonkeyL

DonkeyL

I have found a way to solve the problem. If I upload the APK package, I will fail regardless of whether I check x86 or not. If you upload AAB packages, you will succeed (don't forget to disable x86).

2. mahmoud93p

mahmoud93p

It is work when disable x86
    i have unity 2018.4.3f1
    NDK : R16
    Build System : Gradle
    Custom Progradle
    Automatic maingradle
    Just check : ARM 64 / ARM V7

3. tataygames

tataygames

SOLVE: Just uncheck the x86 in BuildSettings->PlayerSettings->OtherSettings
    I attached the screenshot. Im using unity 2018.4 btw, in Unity 2017 even if i didnt uncheked it, googleplay still accepted it.

Attached Files:

• x86.png
      x86.png
      File size:
      31 KB
      Views:
  4. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

Check your plugins. Make sure they are not including x86 libraries.

mgierschdev likes this.
  5. Cookieg82

Cookieg82

Having same issue. Apparently I am accessing some new permissions to do with wifi-mulitcast-state? and that my app is not built for 32 bit native: code 5? Weird as I changed nothing code or object wise just moved some graphics and some tweaking with animations and now my app is stating it is not compatible, however it does let me roll out to production? Weird.

6. DonPiedro

DonPiedro

i unchecked x86 -> close unity ->remove folder library from project -> open unity -> build ur app ->upload ur app in play console u have to desactivate or retain ur last app before review i can't remember ->review -> successfully
    work for me

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

I have struggle a day to get the solution.
    Google is not accepting any game build with NDK of 32bit. the Game Build should be only of 64bit hence select only ARM64 and deselect the other 32bit option, as shown in the attached image. Then Google cleared my apps for 64bit complaince.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      44.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      21.8 KB
      Views:
  8. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

You shouldn't unselect ARMv7, you're basically removing tons of supported devices by your app.

9. Fronne

Fronne

Thnx! That worked! :)
    Busy for almost two days to figure out what was wrong...

10. Cookieg82

Cookieg82

Ok so I followed all the suggestions above and I have uploaded like 5 .aab's with either the x86 checked or uncheck and now once the app is verified and ready to install. I download it from the store, and it wont even run/launch! Slightly annoyed now as I have quite a few users who play my game and now my acquisitions are dropping... nice.

11. Tx

Tx

Did the automatic test greenlit all the versions? Did you try to build also an apk and run in on a test device or the emulator?

12. CHOO5D2

CHOO5D2

Hi, i am using unity 5.4 and i can't upload my apk due to the same reason.

No x86 architecture option to be found. What can i do about my situation since i am using a older version of unity?

13. tessellation

tessellation

@Tomas1856 Aren't x86 targets still required if you want to test Unity on the Android emulator?

14. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Unity officially doesn't support emulator, you can use Android ARM emulator, though the performance might not be very good

15. GMonks-Entertainment

GMonks-Entertainment

I am not able to update my game by any solutions or work-around suggested in the forums. I have tried to upload APK and AAB with all possible target architecture combinations, but nothing works. I even tried exporting to Android studio and, building APK and AAB from there, but getting same results.

According to this documentation, If I can not find any '.so' files in my app at all, then my app is already ready and no further action is required. I tried to build APK and check it in Android studio with APK analyser.
    Here is what my APK lib folder looks like.

Screenshot 2019-09-27 at 9.49.51 AM.png Screenshot 2019-09-27 at 9.50.04 AM.png Screenshot 2019-09-27 at 9.51.46 AM.png

I see there is .so files in APK, which belongs to unity and firebase only, so I guess it should be acceptable by the google play. But I am still getting following error every time with any solution I try.

Screenshot 2019-09-27 at 9.59.57 AM.png Screenshot 2019-09-27 at 10.07.30 AM.png

Is anybody still facing this problem or there is any other solution which is working?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  16. GMonks-Entertainment

GMonks-Entertainment

Ok, I was encountering the 64 bit error when trying to update my app due to I was trying to retain my x86 version. To fix the issue I deactivate this version from the release. After deactivating the x86 version I got rid of the 64 bit error. But I am still not able to update the AAB because I am getting other errors and warnings.

Screenshot 2019-09-27 at 10.31.30 AM.png Screenshot 2019-09-27 at 10.38.51 AM.png

My live game bundle version code is 10. And current build bundle version code is 12. I did uploaded apk and aab upto version code 16, but I have already removed them from the artifact library and, I did not rollout the release, so that should not be the problem.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  17. HidingGlass

HidingGlass

I am also still having this issue even after removing x86 architectures. I also don't see any 32-bit library files or BC files, but I do notice that we both have Firebase in our projects.

How did you get rid of your 64-bit error @GMonks-Entertainment ? I also can't seem to get the warning using bundletool. What command throws the warnings?

Attached Files:

18. GMonks-Entertainment

GMonks-Entertainment

This is how I got this issue at the first place and, how I got rid of them one by one. And .so files are not the issue.

1. I was used to build separate APKs for all the architectures and upload that to play store. I followed the same practice every time until Bundle version code 10. This was before play store's requirement of mandatory 64 bit support.

Screenshot 2019-10-10 at 10.07.54 AM.png

2. When I decided to upload AAB instead of APK, I started getting all those errors in the play store console.
    3. To address the first issue of 64bit error, I unchecked the x86 checkbox, and again build and uploaded the new AAB, but the problem was still there. I contacted the support and this is the snapshot of their reply.

Screenshot 2019-10-10 at 10.17.55 AM.png

4. The problem was, I was trying to retain the x86 version of APK in the google play console (Reason: I did not wanted to loose potential players). Removing that build fixed the 64bit error. Hence the first problem was resolved.

5. But still, I was not able to rollout the update. So I contacted the support again and this is the snapshot of their reply.

Screenshot 2019-10-10 at 10.26.13 AM.png

6. What?? I was increasing the Bundle version code every time. This seemed like the end of the world.

7. Eventually I realised the issue. When we upload the separate APKs, play store reassigned the Bundle version code. As you can see in the snapshot it had reached to 300010 by then.

8. So, I set the Bundle version code to 300020 in the unity player settings. Build the AAB and uploaded it to the store again. and voila.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    terrypaton1 likes this.
  19. TimothyGates

TimothyGates

I tried making an app bundle, but when I upload it to google play it says I need to be part of app signing, when I tried to upload my key store it says its not supported. am I doing this wrong, pleas advise.

20. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

When setting up the signing by Google, select the "Export and upload a key from a Java keystore" option. Then you will get instructions on what to do. You will have to download the pepk tool and run the command provided by the instructions to extract the key from your keystore. Finally you will upload that to Google.

21. TimothyGates

TimothyGates

I have another issue no, I built to Nougat with no problems, after buying a new tablet that is capable of running Pie and building it again for the new rules on play store that require API 28. I get this message

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 2 errors
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x00234] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:191
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x0007f] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:97
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

22. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

That's only a title of the message, you need to click on it, to see the contents

23. TimothyGates

TimothyGates

I have it does nothing. I built two version, one on my old tables which is 7.0, that works and is playing fine, but I cant get past the errors for 9.0

Attached Files:

24. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Click on Gradle Build failed and check the contents

25. hamzacr7

hamzacr7

I am Still having the Same issue I unchecked the x86 and I am using unity 2019.2.8f1
    Please Help ASAP

26. TimothyGates

TimothyGates

I has so many error I just deleted the thing in the end and started again, it all went pair shaped for me because I was trying to get it ready for Google play with their new rules, as soon as I managed to build a test project with the new settings that meet API 28, but the production version went wrong and I don't know what happened between the test version and the one o was going to publish. I am not interested in making money, I do it for fun, at least I managed to get
    one copy of it for my nephew before it went down

27. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

What about removing the previous version and then reviewing the new version?

28. TimothyGates

TimothyGates

I built the first version using 2018.3 on an older tablet that runs 7.0, that version works and it is on two of my tablets. then I built up a version for my new tablet that has 9.0, that's when it threw every error it could think of at me, I have switch to unity 2019.1 and started again, I only built two scenes before doing the full build using all the setting that google require, it took a while but it built it to my new tablet. the thing I a wondering about is the data privacy button. in 2018.3 the prefab was dragged on to the scene, but it wont let me drag it in in 2019.1. I read that it is built in and don't need it, is that true, please advise

Attached Files:

• pie.PNG
      pie.PNG
      File size:
      60.2 KB
      Views:
  29. ahmedaniss

ahmedaniss

i solve porblem here :
    you can follow my steps step by step to fix enable 64 bit through unity and android studio

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  30. anisharya16

anisharya16

How to remove it?

31. frootystudios

frootystudios

RESOLVED!!!

My "mainTemplate.gradle" before the issue.
    Image_1 (before_issue_resolved.png)

I just removed the line "exclude ('/lib/arm64-v8a/*' + '*')" from mainTemplate.gradle file and add "exclude ('/lib/x86/*' + '*')" this line into the same file.

Now my "mainTemplate.gradle" file looking like this:
    Image_2 (after_issue_resolved.png)

Hope this will work for you too.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  32. Garrettec

Garrettec

For most of the people (at least at my personal statistics) the problem was not in the wrong gradle file. We definitely have the correct gradle and usually Unity build just fine, but sometime it start producing "corrupted" apk/aab files without x64 libraries. We discovered that simply restarting Unity helps. Now before uploading the build to the Google dashboard we check the size of it and if it is lower than usually - we just restart Unity and build again.

Cookieg82 likes this.
  33. Flag74

Flag74

Am I forced to remove x86 support then?I can't manage to pass google bundle test otherwise.
    Is it a bug or what?

Cookieg82 likes this.
  34. Cookieg82

Cookieg82

I have moved onto PC platform for my current project. Mobile platform is something I will return to again with another project next year.

Hope you all get passed the issue if not already :)

35. AYHossGames

AYHossGames

I actually JUST figured this out.

go to file > build settings

bottom left corner of Build settings > player settings

in the inspector > other settings > scroll down to Configuration > SCRIPTING BACKEND > SWITCH FROM MONO TO IL2CPP > scroll down more > you can now click ARM64

took me forever!

Cookieg82 likes this.
  36. Garrettec

Garrettec

It is not the case discussed here. While I can't vouch for everyone, but definitely most of people here before starting a thread checked in ARM64. It is simple as that: sometimes Unity misbehaves and "spit out" aab build with missign ARM64 libraries. No matter how hard you try to change settings - nothing helps. But simply restart the editor (without changing any settings) - and you have a proper build. (Checking build size before uploading it to the Google Play now become my second nature, because "corrupted" build is smaller in size.

Cookieg82 likes this.
  37. Cookieg82

Cookieg82

To conclude the thread (for me anyway) I managed to build to the Google Play respective policy. I switched to il2cpp backend and then ticked both x86 and x64 options, (no split etc). And ticked build google play store bundle in the main build settings window.

Although you lose a lot of devices initially, it's a toss up between lose them now but gain them down the line as they upgrade there device anyway or keep building for out dated architecture? have to draw the line somewhere and I guess Google did that for us.

38. John1515

John1515

I got this error when building my app with Unity Cloud Build ("This release is not compliant with the Google Play 64-bit requirement").

What am I supposed to do now? There's no x86 anywhere to tick off in Unity 2019.4.x

alex_roboto and Natasha_P like this.
  39. appsscity1

appsscity1

Hai got stuck on same issue now on unity 2019.4.9f1 and still getting this issue.

40. appsscity1

appsscity1

hi @Garrettec and @JelmerV, have you find any solution. If you got any suggetion for me.

41. Garrettec

Garrettec

Hello, @appsscity1
    I can't guarantee it is your case, but for our company the solution is exactly how I described:

"Sometimes Unity misbehaves and "spit out" aab build with missign ARM64 libraries. No matter how hard you try to change settings - nothing helps. But simply restart the editor (without changing any settings) - and you have a proper build. (Checking build size before uploading it to the Google Play now become my second nature, because "corrupted" build is smaller in size."

alex_roboto likes this.
  42. newlife

newlife

I cant believe it. I faced the same error, but it was caused by the previous version that was included in the bundle, not by the new APK!
    If you create a open / closed / internal testing, make sure that no previous version is active in the testing, otherwise it will be counted as included in the bundle.

43. Steviebops

Steviebops

I have this error, no previous version active.
    Also restarting unity doesn't help.

xNex likes this.