Search Unity

Success, mostly.... Slackware 14.1

Discussion in 'Linux' started by markt1964, Dec 20, 2015.

1. markt1964

markt1964

I downloaded 5.3 today, and where all previous versions of this software had crashed unceremoniously as soon as I did anything that would open any other windows, this version is working like a charm in comparison!

I am extremely pleased.

The only issue I have noticed so far is that when I first opened a .cs file by double clicking on it in the editor, I got a dialog saying that it was using an unsupported theme, and I should change it in the monodevelop preferences. Further, what appears to be an editor tab for the file did not show any content, although clicking on the file and opening it in another editor worked fine.

I tried changing the theme from the default one to Xfce, and it no longer objected about an unsupported theme when I started monodevelop by double-clicking on a .cs file in the editor, but the editor screen in monodevelop was still completely empty.

I can, for the time being, work around this issue by doing my actual editing of files in another editor program, although I do hope I will be able to use the monodevelop ide in the future.

Edit: Update, I am pleased to report that changing the default theme in my KDE application appearance settings to something other than "Oxygen" made the problem in monodevelop go away.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015