Search Unity

Substance Designer: Failed to retrieve a single SBSASM file in the archive

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by pavlito, May 11, 2014.

1. pavlito

pavlito

Sometimes you find yourself publishing a substance file with a bitmap inside it and when you go back to Unity, it says:

Failed to retrieve a single SBSASM file in the archive... Did you use the Substance cooker to generated the archive ?
    Import failed...

What I have found is that, after publishing if I go directly back to Unity, it shows me the error. However, if after publishing I go to Finder, with the substance file already being selected, I noticed that the file is Zero bytes for a short period of time (less than a sec). After it says proper size (402kb in my case), switching back to Unity reimports the substance file without problems.

Hope this helps someone.

I used this post as a reference: http://legacy-support.allegorithmic.com/node/582

The OP had problems with file being 1kb, which led me to check my filesize. Oh the delight when I saw it being zero bytes :)

EDIT: I've also found that you don't have to go to finder (or explorer), just wait until Substance designer's menu is back (it disappears for a while after it's done cooking).

Last edited: May 11, 2014