Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Substance answers !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jerc, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teila

Teila

You should go to the forums for Allegorithmic, posted just above yours. This is a very old thread.

2. mike_kennedy989

mike_kennedy989

For follow up, the answer back from Allegorithmic was to take the map results from the original material / shader and put those into a normal standard material.

They said to use the Gear Icon on the top right side and export, but that didn't work for me, user error and unclear instructions I suppose, or that's broken.

So take the resulting texture maps and drag those onto a new material. it does solve the basic issue, but you lose the added features of dynamic rain that were in the shader.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  3. goat

goat

I am going to try Marmoset Tools 2 as the Substance Live! does not support Intel HD Graphics 3000.

4. Erivest

Erivest

Hi, I'm building a game for PC and all the textures were done with substance designer.Now the textures looks great but when I get .sbsar files in Unity the loading time after the logo is so long. I have max 2 sliders for parameters and did all the tips for optimization. This happens even with 512 maps. I would like to keep the parameters options for the game, that is why we decided to go with designer in the first place. Is there a way to reduce that loading time? Already tried the options load level and cache. Any help would be immensely appreciated.

5. MaverickM1

MaverickM1

We are getting sometimes Failed to apply substance texture outputs Error code 23 by rebuilding the sbsar materials runtime. The material seems okay, no glitches or visual problems, just the error message.
    We are creating new instances of sbsar materials first, using instantiate. Any help would be very appreciated!

6. FDT

FDT

I can confirm that that problem is caused by using instanced substance materials. Right now the only way to use "instances" is to use the duplicated substance materials inside the container, and that also is causing me problems right now. Sometimes it get stuck generating contents. I tried it with and without caching, and it's the same.

7. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Hello, I already own Substance Indie Pack and I am considering upgradint to Substance Live

I am making a 3D open world mobile game, it is already nearly finished, but when testing it in iPad it takes about 950mb (the size inside the iPad storage)

So I am considering to convert the all the textures to substances to reduce the size of the textures but I have some questions

1 - How do I export a material from Unity to Substance Designer to convert it to substance material? Or there is another different way to convert a Unity material into substance material?

2 - It is highly recommended to use atlas textures to reduce draw calls, so how can be used atlas when creating a substance material?

3 - If number 2 is possible, how do you apply a substance material with atlas to different objects? I mean how is the UV of the related objects configured to show the substance material atlas textures?

Thanks very much for any help

Best wishes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.