Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Subscription? Collaborate? Pro? Teams? I'm so confused.

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Build' started by djarcas, Mar 7, 2018.

1. djarcas

djarcas

Is 'Teams' what gives you 'Cloud build' ? Or is that just Collaborate? Why is everything named so badly? If I get Unity Plus, do I get Cloud Build? With the cloud build, I can pay extra for a bunch of addons - what do I get if I 'just' get Pro or Plus? I can't find this anywhere, and quite frankly every Unity page on this is far too keen to tell me how great it is, as opposed to giving me much useful Info. Help!

TL;DR - Do you get Cloud Builds as part of Unity Plus subscription?

2. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Unity Teams is the subscription model for both the Cloud Build and the Collaborate services.

Unity Teams has a free tier which includes:
    • 1GB of Cloud Storage to use with Collaborate
    • 3 Seats for team members to use Collaborate
    • Ability to share local builds via the Cloud Build Dashboard
    • Collaborate version history is limited to 90 days
    The paid tier, "Unity Teams Advanced" includes:
    • 25GB of Cloud Storage to use with Collaborate
    • 3 Seats for team members to use Collaborate with the ability to purchase more if required
    • Full use of the Cloud Build service including building in the Cloud
    • Unlimited Collaborate version history
    There are also 3 add-ons which can be purchased which are:
    • 25GB extra Cloud Storage to use with Collaborate
    • Add an extra Concurrent build for building in the Cloud (Requires Unity Teams Advanced)
    • Add an extra Teams Seat to be allocated to a team member to use Collaborate (Requires Unity Teams Advanced)
    To answer your question, Unity Teams Advanced is not included with a Pro or Plus subscription. Unity Teams Advanced would need to be purchased for the ability to perform builds on the Cloud.

I hope that helps clarify. Please see here for pricing and more information.

khaled24 likes this.
  3. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

When did that change? Does it also change for existing customers?

Those stealth changes to pricing and services are starting to annoy me.

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 21.07.49.png

4. HaakonL

HaakonL

If you ever manage to find the page where you upgrade the number of concurrent cloud builds, be sure to make a bookmark. As with this insanely over complicated subscription/feature/service model Unity came up with, you can pay for the possibility to run for example both an ios build and an android build at the same time. But that requires you to find that secret, hidden, mystery page. ;)

5. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

@AcidArrow This was never meant to be a stealth change. Collaborate and Cloud Build were free for a long time, until the introduction of Teams at which point it was included with Plus and Pro for a promotional period which then ended in January of this year.
    Please let me know the URL at which you have seen that Teams is included with Plus or Pro and I will get this reviewed.

@HaakonL To solve the riddle of the Concurrent Builds mystery page. Please do the following:
    • Go to https://unity3d.com/teams
    • Click on "Choose Your Plan"
    • Scroll down and click on "Buy Now" where it says "More Builds Faster"
    • Bookmark the page!! :)

technicat likes this.