Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Submitting Game File (bar) to Blackberry

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by nikescar, Jul 31, 2013.

1. nikescar

nikescar

I tried to upload my bar and it gave a message saying that it was unsigned. I followed the tutorial that Unity posted.

Can someone that has done it successfully give me some tips?

2. iossif

iossif

3. GlutenFreeGames

GlutenFreeGames

you may have also entered your password incorrectly in the player settings. it comes up with that same message if thats the case.

4. 7dStudio

7dStudio

Hello,

I have the same issue,

Unity does perform the signing process ( player settings > publishing settings > RIM signing authority > register = yes ) however the files I already mentioned don't appear anywhere. So when I try to upload the build the Blackberry website refusues to accept the build and shows me this ( The bar is not DRC signed Bar is not signed AUTHOR This bar contains unsigned entries roomates have not been integrity-checked ).

I don´t know why but when I see in the folder /META-INF inside the .bar file, the following files do not appear ( only the MANIFIEST.MF appears).

RDK.EC
    RDK.SF
    AUTHOR.EC
    AUTHOR.SF

I think that is the problem, because in the documentation said once the application is signed new files will get created in this directory ( META-INF ) .

any idea??

thanks

5. TuesdayNinja

TuesdayNinja

Unity Technologies

Nike -

Could you send me a bug report? I'd like to take a look at what you're doing. If you're not familiar with the process, just go to Help in the Editor and Bug Report is the option at the bottom of the menu. Please include the steps you used so I can attempt to reproduce it.

Thanks,

6. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Same here, and same error: "Bar is not RDK signed Bar is not AUTHOR signed This bar contains unsigned entries which have not been integrity-checked "

7. iyubinest

iyubinest

I`m having the same issue, when I`m trying to export the bar file in the console appears:

Error: Failed to decrypt keystore, invalid password

UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

The bar file is created, Any idea?

8. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I have solved be online throughout the build process.

9. daisySa

daisySa

Did you get this working? I'm getting the same issue - is it a bug?

Bar is not RDK signed Bar is not AUTHOR signed This bar contains unsigned entries which have not been integrity-checked.

10. daisySa

daisySa

I've resolved this.

In case anyone else gets this issue, check your file bundle name in the Unity player settings. Part of my bundle name began with a digit, which is fine for iOS but not for Blackberry (i.e. "com.dd.60std" is invalid, whereas "com.dd.sstd" is valid).

It's tricky, because there are no log messages that point to this being the issue unless you run the code signer from the command line.

11. TuesdayNinja

TuesdayNinja

Unity Technologies

Guys -

A lot of you are having this issue, which concerns me. I'd like to help, but I'm unable to reproduce this on my own. Please use our bug reporter to tell me you're having a problem with this! If you do, send me your project (or a subset of it) and the steps you've taken to reproduce it.

Thanks,

12. frak

frak

I am seeing the same thing right now. Any resolutions?

13. TuesdayNinja

TuesdayNinja

Unity Technologies

THE PROBLEM: You are attempting to upload an unsigned (i.e. developer-internal) version of your app.

THE SOLUTION: Under File > Build Settings, to the right of the platform selection menu is a series of drop down menus and check boxes. One of them is titled 'Build Type'. Ensure this says 'Signed (Submission)'. Build your project and upload to the Vendor Store - you should not see this error again.

See attachment. The selection causing the problem is in circled in blue in the lower right of the screen. $Screen Shot 2013-10-01 at 3.02.47 PM.png

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  14. frak

frak

No.

I am building a signed(submission) and the Rim Signing Authority is set to "Yes"

I am requesting new keys from blackberry to see if there is a problem with the ones I have.

15. frak

frak

on the advice of Blackberry, I got a new set of certs.

Something was corrupt.

16. McKrackeN

McKrackeN

Did that help? Because i'm having the same issue.

Thanks!

17. McKrackeN

McKrackeN

Anyone? Did that help? What's the procedure to replace the certs? Do I have to unregister and register again with the new certs or what?

Thanks.

18. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

I haven't seen this issue myself but if you want to replace your cert files the process is something like this:
    1. Go to the blackberry registration site and request a new set of registration files. Make sure to select the 2nd option (at least it's currently the 2nd option) entitled: "For BlackBerry PlayBook apps developed using BlackBerry WebWorks, BlackBerry NDK, or AIR - AND - For BlackBerry 10 apps developed using BlackBerry WebWorks, or the BlackBerry 10.2 Beta SDK or earlier."
    2. When you receive your two reg files via e-mail register as usual following the getting started guide: http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/bb10-setup.html

19. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

Hello all,

Just a quick introduction as this is my first post on the forums, my name is Erik Oros and I am an Application Development Consultant at BlackBerry. My primary focus is HTML5 and Native gaming; I will admit that even though I've been ramping up on Unity quite a bit over the past months, there is still a lot I am learning as well. I'll do my best to provide what support I can with any BlackBerry-related development questions though.

That being said, I just wanted to chime in on the "replacing signature keys" suggestion. In some cases it definitely is a valid route to try, however do note that if you already have an application in BlackBerry World, changing the keys you use to sign releases will (initially) prevent you from further updating that application.

If you do go this route, I highly recommend:

1) Backing up your original keys if you are not using BBID-based keys:
    http://supportforums.blackberry.com...tore-BlackBerry-Code-Signing-Keys/ta-p/837925

2) Reach out to the Vendor Management team, they will be able to link your new keys to your old keys, allowing you to upload new releases (signed with your new keys) to replace your earlier releases (signed with your old keys.)
    https://www.blackberry.com/profile/?eventId=8109

Cheers!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  20. sumitsharma

sumitsharma

Some of the tips to help you:
    Register for Blackberry signed keys
    Setup Blackberry signed keys
    Now Build and Deploy

21. bojlahg

bojlahg

Check application version in player settings.
    In my case version was filled as 1.03 and signing is failed. After change to 1.0.3 signing worked well.

22. Snupiman

Snupiman

Guys just make sure you do not generate and upload your tokens from Momentics SDK. For Unity you need to receive ur signing keys these will register Unity with RIM and create certificates for you. I you have created token in Momentics delete it together with certificate from the Research In Motion folder. This has solved my issue with unity error when trying to submit an app.