Search Unity

Submitting ARFoundation apps to AppStore without Face Tracking

Discussion in 'AR' started by fherbst, Jan 3, 2019.

1. fherbst

fherbst

Unfortunately we weren't able to release an App using ARFoundation to the App Store so far.

The blocker is that the TrueDepth API is found but not used (this is a cross-platform app, so no face tracking). There seems to be absolutely zero documentation around the issue, but there's this other forum post where the same issue appeared for the ARKit plugin instead (https://forum.unity.com/threads/sub...-appstore-without-face-tracking.504572/page-2 with multiple people having the issue with the ARKit plugin and at least one (@Bitfabrikken ) having it with ARFoundation).

And in contrary to the ARKit plugin, the ARFoundation ARKit part seems to be hidden away in native code and not user-editable, so I can't even dig into it to find the issue myself.

So currently submitting apps using ARFoundation doesn't seem to be possible with the latest version (1.0.0-preview20). Any ideas? Especially at @jimmya ?

rob_ice likes this.
  2. jimmya

jimmya

Yes, it appears there is a problem in latest version of ARKit XR Plugin that includes face tracking support that causes this. A fix is in the works - in the meantime, you may be able to get away with using an earlier version of this package like "1.0.0-preview.17" from package manager.

rob_ice likes this.
  3. SangHyun-Park

SangHyun-Park

Hello.
    I used Unity 2019.1.11f1.
    I used AR foundation. And just used ground tracking.
    App review reject to TrueDepth APIs. (Maybe because face tracking)
    How to resolve this issue?
    I remove ARKit Face Tracking but Xcode fail to build.
    Thanks.

[Package Manager install list]
    AR Foundation 2.1.3
    ARCore XR Plugin 2.1.1
    ARKit Face Tracking 1.0.1
    ARKit XR Plugin 2.1.1

4. Futurristic

Futurristic

any updates on this thread? I'm also facing the same issue and it's a blocker for us to release our app to the apple store. pls let us know.

thanks

5. jimmya

jimmya

You should be able to remove the ARKit Face Tracking package from your project in Package Manager. Rebuild your app from scratch and it should not contain any references to TrueDepth APIs, unless you have it from some source other than ARFoundation.

6. Futurristic

Futurristic

hi ! I tried removing AR facetracning package and did build but getting lot of error . below are the details

Assets/Scripts/ARKitBlendShapeVisualizer.cs(47,5): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ARKitFaceSubsystem' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/Scripts/ARKitBlendShapeVisualizer.cs(49,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ARKitBlendShapeLocation' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Build completed with a result of 'Failed'
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 3 errors
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x00242] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:194
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x0007f] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:97
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

below are packages used

Unity. - 19.1.0f2
    Arkit XR - 2.1.0 preview 5
    Arfoundation - 2.1.0 preview 3
    Arkit face tracking - 1.0.0 preview6 (removed it as you suggested)
    LWRP - 5.6.1

thx

7. davidmo_unity

davidmo_unity

Unity Technologies

The script that is failing have explicit references to the FaceTracking package. You have to remove them from your build.

`ARKitBlendShapeVisualizer.cs`

8. Futurristic

Futurristic

it worked when I removed it. thanks and appreciate your help :)

9. spc_c

spc_c

Hello.
    I face a problem same as a title, too.
    Our app was rejected, and this is what Apple says: "During review, we found that your app includes TrueDepth APIs. However, we were not able to locate any features in your app that use TrueDepth APIs".
    Any solutions to this?

I used Unity 2019.2.8f1
    I used AR foundation. And used image tracking.

I used Packages.
    AR foundation 2.1.4
    ARKit XR Plugin 2.1.2
    AR Subsystems 2.1.1

I didn't use Packages.
    ARKit Face Tracking
    ARCore XR Pligin

What could be causing this?
    Could you help me?