Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Submitting an update error :S

Discussion in 'PSM' started by jesusluvsyooh, Jul 9, 2014.

1. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Screen Shot 2014-07-09 at 22.11.10.png I'm getting an error when submitting my new master package for a game thats already published.
    All i have changed in the app.xml is the version number to 1.11 to 1.22.

Its giving me an error but not telling me what the xml has changed or missing, has anyone submitted an update yet? Help :(

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  2. PeterD

PeterD

Now that is a cryptic message. Should be followed by "Please make your guess now!" o_O

Is your game already published or just already uploaded?
    If it's the latter then nothing at all should have changed in the XML. If it's the former, then check that PSM Client hasn't reset the application ID i.e the one that starts PSM_

3. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Its already released :) Has had 50 downloads from around the world and is the first game shown on the Playstation mobile section ^_^
    I will retry the package today, looking even more closely at the original version that was submitted, maybe its one of those things you just need to have a good nights sleep on before figuring it out.
    As I'm sure the app id, seeds device id's, everything is the same as before.

Edit: Seems the old master package which was submitted is now getting the same error, saying somethings changed (nothing has, i've just released you!) haha oh dear
    And before anyone asks, have i updated anything, changed locations, version etc. No.
    All i did was open the project from the one thats been accept and submitted, added 2 new quests, script that sets bales of hay on fire if in contact with campfire trigger. Opened up publishing utility, set version number to a 'higher number than before" was 1.11, now 1.22.
    Saved, switch settings to master package - attempted submission, everything looks fine, auto logins to sony account fine, package building fine, then right before uploading it gives that app.xml error i uploaded in top post. :) EriQue! i need you!
    2014-07-09-225214.jpg Screen Shot 2014-07-10 at 12.45.32.png Screen Shot 2014-07-10 at 12.49.58.png Screen Shot 2014-07-10 at 12.50.06.png

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  4. PeterD

PeterD

Just a thought but, have you setup the update on the PSM site before doing the upload?

5. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Nice thought Peter, but its not like iOS, Android, or Amazon, you need to have submitted a master package first before the 'editing meta data' section opens up, so you cannot add a new version, or info until a master package is submitted :)
    I'm still trying to figure this out haha

6. tapticc

tapticc

Hi I am getting exactly the same fault when trying to update my game Road Skill following feedback from the community. There just seems to be no upgrade path and impossible to be responsive!

7. tapticc

tapticc

A
    any luck as yet?!

8. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Nope tried pretty much everything i can think of, just need one of the 'higher ups' to investigate or let us know what 'may be' happening.
    I'm glad i used my 'test' game rather than one of my bigger cross platform multiplayer ones >_<
    @tapticc does this mean your getting similar thing too?

* Cough EriQue Cough * We need you !

9. tapticc

tapticc

I have exactly the same issue and can't respond to requests for improvements :(

10. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Well if its happening to both of us thats kind of good right?
    It means its not something we have done ourselves, but a Unity/Sony thing.

11. tapticc

tapticc

12. PeteD

PeteD

Yes I know that part :)
    I'm just wondering if there isn't any part on the original package metadata pages where it has a submit update link. Only if not then how does it even know that you are updating the app when you upload a new master build.

13. mehulshukla

mehulshukla

SCEE Dev Support PSM

Hi All,

We'll look into this and get back to you.

tapticc likes this.
  14. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

@PeteD Had a look a few times, theres just editing current meta data for that certain version, nothing much else there. I presume it detects the game id, then detects a higher version number from the master package and does the rest itself :)

@tapticc Nice! Seems the issue is being looked into now :)

@mehulshukla Thank you :) Just wondering, does the support team work weekends, as its friday, will it be that more information on the current topic will be sometime next week now?
    (will help me plan out my weekend projects ^_^ )

Edit: Yep, i guess you don't work weekends ;P

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
    tapticc likes this.
  15. mehulshukla

mehulshukla

SCEE Dev Support PSM